Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Speaking of Hocus Pocus, anyone remember or watch Eerie, Indiana?

250px-Eerie_Indiana_DVD.jpg
I'm pretty sure I wrote my own story based off of this :lol:

The Lodge - 4.5/8

This had so much potential to be a good horror film but they totally fumbled it. Some of the writing was really sloppy and never went deeper than surface level stuff. I can usually suspend my disbelief in horror when characters made poor decisions but this pushed way past those limits.

The father left his 2 kids for days at a lodge in the middle of nowhere during the winter with his girlfriend who’s a child survivor from a mass suicide cult 6 months after the kids’ mom died. Like what reasonably stable person would do this? Also the twist towards the end just totally did not work for me and I ended up hating everybody but the main actress.

Only real positives was Riley Keough did a fantastic job as Grace and the kid actors did a good job too. The cinematography was solid and they created a nice creepy atmosphere through out. They should have hired a better writer to clean the script up and this could have really been something.

The Lodge - 4.5/8

This had so much potential to be a good horror film but they totally fumbled it. Some of the writing was really sloppy and never went deeper than surface level stuff. I can usually suspend my disbelief in horror when characters made poor decisions but this pushed way past those limits.

The father left his 2 kids for days at a lodge in the middle of nowhere during the winter with his girlfriend who’s a child survivor from a mass suicide cult 6 months after the kids’ mom died. Like what reasonably stable person would do this? Also the twist towards the end just totally did not work for me and I ended up hating everybody but the main actress.

Only real positives was Riley Keough did a fantastic job as Grace and the kid actors did a good job too. The cinematography was solid and they created a nice creepy atmosphere through out. They should have hired a better writer to clean the script up and this could have really been something.
Them kids deserved everything that happened to them.

A nice change of pace I've noticed for this fall is that now that new and returning tv shows should be airing due to the shutdown and not starting or finishing shooting upcoming seasons a lot of networks have had to make due with what they have or import tv shows from Canada and Europe.

CW, CBS, etc. are actually airing different good quality shows they most likely would've dumped during sweeps or the summer on the weekend. Instead they're getting Primetime slots while fall season shows try to finish shooting.

Breaking Bad Season1 was only 7 episodes.
The finale, it’s when the cool the first batch of Blue.
It’s also the episode where Hanks wife is found out a thief./ epics tales.
Onto Season2 🔥

Reactions: sb
Back
Top Bottom