Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I took a chick to House of the Dead and we were out after like 20 mins. Also walked out of Blue Crush and XxX in that general time span.

Vampires v. The Bronx (2020)

I told you all I have an affinity for Fright Night and the Lost Boys. So of course, I loved this movie :pimp:

8.6/10

Glad it's getting its flowers now.

The house is still a huge tourist attraction out here.

7910395954_5d2ef7ea38_b.jpg

More than half of the women I know got ape **** over this movie during October :lol:

Bruh the movie was the goods!

Son couldn't play drums worth a **** but this movie is an important childhood memory to me.

I remember watching this with my little brother and he was so into it.

This and PuffnStuff(sp?).

We found out years later why but that's a whole different topic.

I do remember renting it on VHS when I was a kid and thinking it was cool but nothing special.

For some reason it has a ton of nostalgic value though. I watch it every Fall. It definitely does capture Halloween well.

For a darker Fall/Halloween Disney movie, check out Something Wicked this Way Comes. Another one I watch every fall.

Speaking of Hocus Pocus, anyone remember or watch Eerie, Indiana?

250px-Eerie_Indiana_DVD.jpg
Binged this during my vacation. Its :pimp:
Man, I just finished watching ‘Her’ maybe like the fifth time, and every time I watch it I just get a broader understanding of the movie. It’s truly a love tale that you can’t fathom, but can (if that makes any sense). However, it makes you realize your relationships in life, and no matter what you’ll only appreciate the love in all. It’s so revitalizing, I wish I can hold that sentiment of love my whole life, yet it seems so difficult in these times....

But anyways, if anyone could recommend any movies to watch along the same lines, please recommend. But as of now, I’ll have to do some research myself.

as far as iconic psychological/philosophical love stories go, if you haven’t already seen them, please watch the before sunrise/after midnite trilogy. One if the greatest trilogies of all time. Changed my life. I also learn something new or gain a new perspective about relationships every time I watch them and as I mature.

Last edited:
I haven’t seen it, but isn’t Lars and the Real Girl in the same genre as her?

I haven’t seen it, but isn’t Lars and the Real Girl in the same genre as her?
No :lol:

Her was about a sentient A.I. that some loser guy falls in love with.

Lars & the Real Girl is about some crazy deluded loser guy that has one of those life like dolls as a gf and his friends and family play along.

I'm very concerned about Movie theaters and their future. :frown:

I wonder how many will still be around in 6-9-12 months. Granted, we will have an unreal rush of movies released in the next 6-9 months, but how many theaters will be left? How many employees will be left/needed?

Could Regal open a streaming platform and survive?

My local theater is still closed while their other locations in different states are open.... I have a feeling they shut down permanently smh

Speaking of Hocus Pocus, anyone remember or watch Eerie, Indiana?

250px-Eerie_Indiana_DVD.jpg

Didn't this come on exactly before, or after Goosebumps?

I have a faint memory of either seeing the ending credits when tuning in to Goosebumps, or seeing the intro right before I tuned out :lol:

Didn't this come on exactly before, or after Goosebumps?

I have a faint memory of either seeing the ending credits when tuning in to Goosebumps, or seeing the intro right before I tuned out :lol:

Possibly. Goosebumps came out a few years after Eerie, but I guess they could have played an Eerie rerun followed by a new Goosebumps.

Speaking of which.

So with gyms being open around my way it seems ridiculous they can't find a safe way to open up theaters with reduced capacities. I'd say it's easier to sanitize a theater room between shows than a gym that stays open 12-16 hours a day without emptying at any point while open.

Back
Top Bottom