Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Y’all on the same M. Night kick as me I see :lol:

just rewatched The Village yesterday. Watch it in theaters when it came out. Thought it was BIG TRASH.

Revisiting it, it is a damn good movie if you take away the ending. Maybe the worst twist ending in the history of movies. Just straight dumb. But the rest of the movie is top notch everything. Cinematography and suspense were insane. Then you have a LOADED cast.

william hurt
Sigourney weaver
Bryce Dallas Howard
Jaoqin Phoenix
Jesse eisenberg
Adrian Brody
Michael Pitt
Brendan Gleason

Even the smallest roles are pretty well known actors. It’s like dude threw the whole bag at the project but should have saved it for a better script.

Common problem with a lot of M Knight's films, great ideas that he doesn't know how to tie together or end the story.

Y’all on the same M. Night kick as me I see :lol:

just rewatched The Village yesterday. Watch it in theaters when it came out. Thought it was BIG TRASH.

Revisiting it, it is a damn good movie if you take away the ending. Maybe the worst twist ending in the history of movies. Just straight dumb. But the rest of the movie is top notch everything. Cinematography and suspense were insane. Then you have a LOADED cast.

william hurt
Sigourney weaver
Bryce Dallas Howard
Jaoqin Phoenix
Jesse eisenberg
Adrian Brody
Michael Pitt
Brendan Gleason

Even the smallest roles are pretty well known actors. It’s like dude threw the whole bag at the project but should have saved it for a better script.

Exactly. I remember being so hyped for that movie man.

Shot beautifully, solid performances, great tension. Then the "twist."

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I saw both Signs and The Village in the theaters. After both starting out so well and having those terrible twists, I haven’t watched a M. Night film in the theaters since. Can’t let the same guy rob you 3 times now.

Same. Saw 6th Sense, Signs and The Village in the theaters. Quit M. Night in the theaters thereafter. :lol:

Lady in the Water confirmed that it was a good decision.

The Visit is :nthat:

Same. Saw 6th Sense, Signs and The Village in the theaters. Quit M. Night in the theaters thereafter. :lol:

Lady in the Water confirmed that it was a good decision.

The Visit is :nthat:

I was curious about The Visit but heard mixed things about it. Might have to peep then

Man, I just finished watching ‘Her’ maybe like the fifth time, and every time I watch it I just get a broader understanding of the movie. It’s truly a love tale that you can’t fathom, but can (if that makes any sense). However, it makes you realize your relationships in life, and no matter what you’ll only appreciate the love in all. It’s so revitalizing, I wish I can hold that sentiment of love my whole life, yet it seems so difficult in these times....

But anyways, if anyone could recommend any movies to watch along the same lines, please recommend. But as of now, I’ll have to do some research myself.

House of 1000 Corpses was pretty awful. Rob Zombie in general sucks. I walked out of that one.

Devil's Rejects was his one hit wonder.

I'll raise you, House of the Dead. Horrible just ****ing bad. Go watch it.
When they mixed in the cuts from the arcade video game I ****ing died :lol: I've only watched that garbage once, but I'll never forget they actually ****ing mixed 90s arcade video game footage into a feature film.

Uwe Boll should have been banned from making movies after that.

Man, I just finished watching ‘Her’ maybe like the fifth time, and every time I watch it I just get a broader understanding of the movie. It’s truly a love tale that you can’t fathom, but can (if that makes any sense). However, it makes you realize your relationships in life, and no matter what you’ll only appreciate the love in all. It’s so revitalizing, I wish I can hold that sentiment of love my whole life, yet it seems so difficult in these times....

But anyways, if anyone could recommend any movies to watch along the same lines, please recommend. But as of now, I’ll have to do some research myself.
Blade Runner 2049
I'll raise you, House of the Dead. Horrible just ****ing bad. Go watch it.
I kinda have a thing for ****ty zombie movies w/ a budget, & House of the Dead 1 & 2 may be the worst movie & sequal pairing ever seen. Alexandra was a fine *** woman.

The Shape of Water sucked too. Completely undeserving of its praise.

Back
Top Bottom