Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

About to start Tenet
e11f06525776f46d1a232dfb23ebca83.gif

I read that title elsewhere and laughed that he thought that.

When Heroes was still popular I do recall how we all reacted to the intangible ban dying by gun :lol: :smh: Wife character went on to thrive though.

Heroes didn't really have positive black characters unless you count that kid (son of intangible man)who was good With machines iirc.

I don't even remember the black character who got stronger when he smelled fear :rofl:

After reading some of that variety piece looks like Ari Larter is a racist.

Didn't know she speaks spanish

She's Argentian.

“Looks like Ali Larter is a racist”
I concur.
I’ve never seen her in anything except Final Destination and that one episode of Entourage.

Been passing on The Way Back since I first saw the preview.
When I saw Affleck in that role the first thing that I thought was Affleck must’ve wrote this script in order for him to get that role.

Ive seen this film too many times.

Team sucks.
Coach is a drunk or addict or loser.
Forced to Coach.
He hates it.
They hate him.
Coach tells them do something and they do it and see it work.
They love him now.
Go on winning streak.
Coach straightens up life.
Player ****s up and gets kicked off team.
Coach talks to a parent of one of his players and tells them their kid is awesome, parent tells Coach to F of.
Kicked off players begs to rejoin team.
Coach let’s him.
Random player dies or gets hurt.
Coach relapses.
Team hates him.
He apologizes.
Team makes Playoffs.
He tells team it’s his last game and he won’t be back next year.
Team wins game.
Coach decides to stay, the end.

Just watched tenet last night. Yeah it was BIG trash. I commend Nolan for trying to bring such a complicated plot to life, but it was too confusing and ridiculous to be enjoyable.

Also, at times the actors seemed too confused to deliver their lines effectively. John David Washington is a tremendous actor, but you could tell at times he was thinking “what the **** am I talking about here? Oh well I’m sure it’ll be dope after editing.....”

I’m not willing to admit Nolan is washed yet, but he’s taken that first step in that direction. This is his M Night Shalayman “the village” moment.

5.2/8

Wasn’t expecting the overwhelming disdain/“The Village” reaction now that the VOD is out. :lol:

I want to see it again because there were parts I liked about it (Robert Pattinson, the “opening scene”) but there shouldn’t be as many questions about the plot after watching it through the first time that affects enjoyability overall. It’s a problem Inception didn’t have.

Saw 'Tenet' earlier this week and to be honest, I'm still processing it. Like most Nolan films it was shot beautifully. The special effects and sound editing/mixing were tremendous but the movie as a whole felt like he was trying to be TOO complex.

John David Washington was good but I expected more from him. Pattinson was solid and I loved Kenneth Branagh's character. He absolutely smoked it.

I'll definitely need another rewatch for sure because, bruh...:lol:

5.8/8

Last edited:
When we gonna have the conversation about Nolan peaking with The Dark Knight and Inception? His films have been on a decline ever since to me with Interstellar and Dunkirk being solid but ultimately forgettable and movies I’ll never watch again.

Back
Top Bottom