Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I know Zac Efron is getting into a reality kick, but, don't want to be robbed of what he was trending toward as an actor in the box office. He has actual talent, whether it's Rogen-type comedies (Neighbors), coming of age movies (We Are Your Friends), serialization (Extremely Wicked - which wasn't good from what I hear, but that his performance was good).

I'm cautiously optimistic about his upcoming movies:

-A Three Men and a Baby remake...
-Something called Gold (he's excavating gold :lol:)
-King of the Jungle (about John McAfee, former NASA engineer and anti-virus software guy)
-The Greatest Beer Run Ever (him, Russell Crowe, and Bill Murray about getting beer to his childhood friends in the Army in Vietnam circa 1967).
-Firestarter (an adaption of Stephen King)

People like his reality stuff like Down To Earth with Zac Efron, and upcoming for him is a reality show called Killing Zac Efron, where he goes into jungles on remote islands and tries to survive :lol: but I'd like to see him keep pressing in movies.

I kinda stopped checking for Efron not that I was ever a fan.

I'll do the typical thing and see what he has to offer when he inevitably and eventually stars in a superhero flick or action flick on general.

crn679dhmd071.jpg

Those Who Wish Me Dead 5.4/8

What a ridiculously wild movie.

The movie did suffer from not having a more central bad guy moving the conflict forward. They had my boy Littlefinger in a good role but they humanized him way too much by having him complain about the boss not following his plan of having two teams to more efficiently take out the targets, then him not wanting to kill a pregnant woman.

Then they just leave Beast to burn :lol:

The moving parts gave you options on who to root for and that kind of diminished Jolie as the lead.

The ending :lol:

Last edited:
Damn I was hoping that would be a good watch. Oh well. Never been an Angelina Jolie fan so whatever.

Yeah. I’m trying to think of a Jolie movie I really liked and am coming up blank.

Was she in a serial killer movie with Denzel at some point? I recall liking that. Mr. and Mrs. Smith was ok too.

I always wanted to give Changeling a chance but it's kinda long and I always skip it when I'm scrolling.

I always liked Hackers as a kid.

I just looked at her filmography and the only two movies I liked that she appeared in was Hackers and Beowulf.

Oh yeah, I liked Salt for what it was. So that's 3 movies of hers I liked.

Never gave it any thought but yeah Jolie is not in a lot of movies I like and her acting style isn't one of my favs.

Hackers
The bone collector
Taking lives
Gone in 60 seconds

I love all those movies. I liked her performances.

she LOOKED Good as Lara Croft but I couldn’t tell you a single part of either movie except she had a nice mansion

Damn I was hoping that would be a good watch. Oh well. Never been an Angelina Jolie fan so whatever.

Seems like the studio knew what they were doing unloading all this trash onto Max.

They only head scratcher is why did they give up Judas and the Black Messiah?

Seems like the studio knew what they were doing unloading all this trash onto Max.

They only head scratcher is why did they give up Judas and the Black Messiah?
Nah, different studios made each movie. They're just all under Warner Bros. After Tenet didn't do good in the box office cuz of covid they decided this was a good chance to prop up their streaming service so they went with that plan to increase subscriptions.

Whether the movies are good or bad didn't matter. It's about getting viewers. Judas and the Black Messiah is a really good movie but its not the type of movie that's gonna make hundreds of millions in the box office. It's Oscar bait.

Maybe I’ll watch Gone in 60 seconds for the first time this weekend I do love the Cage
If you love the Cage I want to make sure you've seen the single greatest Acting Job, line and/or delivery that has ever came across Screens.
It's a scene from none other than Ghost Rider II.
Watch Greatness unfold.

-Firestarter (an adaption of Stephen King)

I had no idea Firestarter was getting another film. Given that we already have a great telling of the story in Stranger Things (which is essentially Firestarter: The TV Series :lol: ) I'm curious if they make any changes.

Younger generations might view it as a direct rip-off of ST, when it is really the other way around.

Back
Top Bottom