Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Porzingis straight up has the demeanor of Michael Fassbender in Prometheus.

Saw Quiet Place Part II Friday night, IMAX 2D.

First off I want that life, John Krasinksi in the fruit market buddy-buddy with the old wouldn’t-hurt-a-fly owner, running off late to his son’s baseball game, sitting in the stands on a beautiful day. Everything, but the meteoric rise of the aliens.

This was Cillian Murphy and Millicent Simmonds’ movie. They were BOTH absolutely phenomenal, a joy to watch. Emily Blunt and Noah Jupe were background noise about one-third of the way in on, and maybe that was intended.

The island felt very Walking Dead/Woodbury-like, but it worked fine.

I can’t talk about Cillian Murphy enough, as good as Millicent was too alongside him and their chemistry, but Cillian coming into a sequel.... cold off the original, dude stole the movie emotionally and as personable as you can be, considering the circumstances.

7/8

Last edited:
The original film series was trash that was basically about ppl taking a wrong turn in a west Virginia Forest/mountainside or not listening to warnings about the place and then being hunted by a family of cannibals.

This reboot is about a cult of survivalist living on the mountain that kill or enslave trespassers. Its rated like 60 something percent on RT but it's like a typical horror movie.
I remember the original. I actually liked it back then. Eliza Dushku was flames back then too. I was still relatively young so all types of horrors were tolerated and enjoyed. I'll give this one a chance.

The pest, spawn, empire, and John wick are all good Leguizamo performances.

but don’t ever let me hear you heathens say a bad word about my mans Luigi Mario

E863F1E6-B538-46F2-9634-8EC49AB7B91B.jpeg

Last edited:

but don’t ever let me hear you heathens say a bad word about my mans Luigi Luigi

I recommend "Critical Thinking" (2020) if you haven't seen it yet. I'd say it's his best performance. Directed, Produced, and Starring him. Based on a true story. Has some of the typical teacher & students overcome the odds tropes but still a decent movie. "Stand and Deliver" Vibes. On Starz and I think Hulu.

94% too high but still a good watch. Maybe low 80's for me.
Screenshot_20210607-100750__01.jpg

I recommend "Critical Thinking" (2020) if you haven't seen it yet. I'd say it's his best performance. Directed, Produced, and Starring him. Based on a true story. Has some of the typical teacher & students overcome the odds tropes but still a decent movie. "Stand and Deliver" Vibes. On Starz and I think Hulu.

94% too high but still a good watch. Maybe low 80's for me.
Screenshot_20210607-100750__01.jpg

Will check this out. Watched Stand and Deliver not too long ago for the first time and really liked it and I'm a sucker for chess movies. Searching for Bobby Fisher and Fresh two of my all time faves.

Will check this out. Watched Stand and Deliver not too long ago for the first time and really liked it and I'm a sucker for chess movies. Searching for Bobby Fisher and Fresh two of my all time faves.
I rewatched Stand and Deliver and Lean on Me last month on cable also. Both definitely hold up after all these years. I think school movies based on true stories are always the better ones.

Searching for Bobby Fisher & Fresh were fire for me too. Those 2 and Pawn Sacrifice probably my top 3 chess movies.

but don’t ever let me hear you heathens say a bad word about my mans Luigi Luigi

Forgot about his part in John Wick. His phone conversation with Viggo is one my favorite scenes.

“I hear you struck my son”

“Yes, sir I did.”

“Can I ask why?”

“Yeah well, because he stole John Wick’s car, sir, and killed his dog.”

“Oh.”

:nthat:

Saw Conjuring 3 over the weekend......

I don't know if I'm "on to something" or it's just common knowledge, or whatever, but I feel like it's damn near impossible to truly have a Horror film franchise that works.

OG Scream is one of the greatest movie experiences I have ever had. I mean IMMEDIATELY in that film, I was on the edge of my seat. Opening 5 minutes was HISTORIC. Film was incredible.
Scream 2, 3, and 4 are all solid horror films. And they come nowhere close to what Scream 1 did. Not close. Good films, but just completely not the original.

Conjuring 1 was very similar. I was knocked out by that film. Went in blind, came out bouncin off the walls. It was pure greatness.
2 and 3, solid films, absolutely nowhere close to the original.

Halloween 1 vs all others.

Nightmare Elm Street 1 vs all others.

Friday the 13th

Texas Chainsaw......

Whereas, if I used the Mission Impossibles, they are getting better and better as they ADD to the overall storylines.
Fast and Furious 5 and 6 are better than the OG. The storyline (while thin, yes) grows with the twists and turns they take.
Die Hard 3 was damn near equal to the OG Die Hard. Granted, 2 and 4-5 etc are weaker, but 3 is at least on par.
Terminator 2 was equal to if not elevated.

Horror films can't do that.

Saw tried, it TRIED to add to it's lore and enhance the storyline with a series of twists and turns that we didn't see coming, but it was buried in layers of upping the shock and awe stomach turning nonsense. Yes, they did a couple nice things, but really they just wanted to rip peoples lips off with a dodge durango and make you watch it. Idea was there, execution got over the top.

Conjuring 3 is a good film, but it is NOTHING compared to the OG. You just can't do it. I HOPED that franchise could do somethin, and I mean, it is unique given that it spun off Annabelle AND The Nun and created a shared universe so to speak, that is cool, but ultimately if given the 6-7 movies, I just watch OG Conjuring every time and don't think twice about it.

I love the Scream franchise, when it matters, I'm goin OG. I've seen that 100 times, I've watched the sequels two maybe three times total.

I dunno, I'm sure I haven't thought about it enough, if I really tried to map somethin out I might find somethin, but the whole I watched the movie I was like, eh, yea, that's good and all, buuuuuuuutttttt. And that's unfortunate. Out of respect, I'd give it a 5/8 but I may likely never watch it again. OG Conjuring I've seen 20+ times already.

Saw Conjuring 3 over the weekend......

I don't know if I'm "on to something" or it's just common knowledge, or whatever, but I feel like it's damn near impossible to truly have a Horror film franchise that works.

OG Scream is one of the greatest movie experiences I have ever had. I mean IMMEDIATELY in that film, I was on the edge of my seat. Opening 5 minutes was HISTORIC. Film was incredible.
Scream 2, 3, and 4 are all solid horror films. And they come nowhere close to what Scream 1 did. Not close. Good films, but just completely not the original.

Conjuring 1 was very similar. I was knocked out by that film. Went in blind, came out bouncin off the walls. It was pure greatness.
2 and 3, solid films, absolutely nowhere close to the original.

Halloween 1 vs all others.

Nightmare Elm Street 1 vs all others.

Friday the 13th

Texas Chainsaw......

Whereas, if I used the Mission Impossibles, they are getting better and better as they ADD to the overall storylines.
Fast and Furious 5 and 6 are better than the OG. The storyline (while thin, yes) grows with the twists and turns they take.
Die Hard 3 was damn near equal to the OG Die Hard. Granted, 2 and 4-5 etc are weaker, but 3 is at least on par.
Terminator 2 was equal to if not elevated.

Horror films can't do that.

Saw tried, it TRIED to add to it's lore and enhance the storyline with a series of twists and turns that we didn't see coming, but it was buried in layers of upping the shock and awe stomach turning nonsense. Yes, they did a couple nice things, but really they just wanted to rip peoples lips off with a dodge durango and make you watch it. Idea was there, execution got over the top.

Conjuring 3 is a good film, but it is NOTHING compared to the OG. You just can't do it. I HOPED that franchise could do somethin, and I mean, it is unique given that it spun off Annabelle AND The Nun and created a shared universe so to speak, that is cool, but ultimately if given the 6-7 movies, I just watch OG Conjuring every time and don't think twice about it.

I love the Scream franchise, when it matters, I'm goin OG. I've seen that 100 times, I've watched the sequels two maybe three times total.

I dunno, I'm sure I haven't thought about it enough, if I really tried to map somethin out I might find somethin, but the whole I watched the movie I was like, eh, yea, that's good and all, buuuuuuuutttttt. And that's unfortunate. Out of respect, I'd give it a 5/8 but I may likely never watch it again. OG Conjuring I've seen 20+ times already.
Leprechaun was able to do it. It kept getting better everytime.
MV5BMTU2MTUxOTU0N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTgzOTgxMQ@@._V1_.jpg

I randomly stumbled upon some newish iteration of Leprechaun and saw that the dude from the OG one that was in Pee Wee's Big Adventure reprised his role :lol:

jennifer Aniston was :blush: in the original

MV5BYWU1MzE1ZjgtZWQzMi00YWIyLTgyMGQtMzM3ZGU1YWQ2YWI3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTAxODYyODI@._V1_.jpg

I slept on District 9 for so long.
****sfire

The CIRCLE
Man I thought I saw this film.
Boy they really missed the mark on this huh?
I’ve never seen more plotholes in a Film, ever.
Ever.
I can’t quit watching, though.

I can’t believe I’m saying this, Emma Watson crushed this role, though. In a character sense, she bodies that ****. Too bad the Film in general is operating strictly in HOLLYWOODLAND on its on voilition and by its own rules. It completely rewrites legislation and laws for the convenience of bad writing.
Emma, though....she does something pretty marvelous with this character.....yea I can’t believe i just said that.

Wow at Donny Yen joining JW4. Love anything Yen is in. Him, Halle and Keanu
*antonio banderas gif.

Also what did happen to Matt Mchanululu lol. Dude was in a movie every year for like 5-6 years, Mud, DBC, WOWS, Interstellar. Dude was killing. Haven’t seen him of late.

Cilian Murphy and the girl reminded me of “the last of us” that was dope. Dope dynamic.

A Quiet Place 2 was solid. I liked how the monsters were more in the forefront, made it feel like a true monster alien movie. Cillian Murphy is such a great actor. Glad Emily Blunt took a backseat and the kids got to have some more shine.

Didn't match the intensity of the first one with the quiet angle and I'm sure having a empty theater compare to the OG made a difference but when it comes to sequels I just don't want to be disappointed and this one was a solid sequel and entertaining watch.

Back
Top Bottom