Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Yeah, I'd say you definitely misinterpreted that scene. She was clearly repulsed at her brother's sexual advances & innuendos but powerless at that time.

-foe
:lol: Yeah man watch the **** if you're gon watch the ****. Otherwise leave it if coming in with preconceived notions and feelings about it skewing what it's really about.

without going back on season premiere dates and Martin's book releases that coincide with it, or as close to it as possible could you tell the difference in the show getting worse? on its own as a media?

I've never seen GoT myself and your statement felt like the first honest comment about GoT I've read

As it was happening live, it was a lil harder, but when you step back and view it all, you can see it. They started to really rush things but try to distract you with cool visuals or gasp moments but when you think it thru it's like.....what? That couldn't have happened like that. :lol:

Bottom line, the series is ELITE for more than half of it. The storylines and character arcs are remarkable and truly, if they just finished the last 4 eps stronger, everyone is happy. Final season was 6 eps, first two were setup eps and everyone was braced for a legendary close.....and they completely **** the bed. I mean, terribly. Just brutally bad. Scene to scene wasn't lining up. It's like they filmed the day before and never went thru any edits.

Nail those 4 eps and we havin a way different discussion. Quality had started to wane a year or two earlier, but close those 4 eps and all would have been forgiven......they completely failed. Dexter level close.

Watching Suicide Squad for the first time, the soundtrack is all over the place, basically must be an effort to keep this movie afloat and hit all demos.

I figure because of the Harley Quinn character in the new SS, that I should probably watch this SS and Birds of Prey for the first time.

Has anyone watched all three White Lotus episodes yet and if so, how is the show? Been close to starting it, Steve Zahn makes everything he’s in better.

Stillwater about to start. No one wanna see redneck Damon out here :lol: 🤷‍♂️
IMG_20210801_192049.jpg

Watching Suicide Squad for the first time, the soundtrack is all over the place, basically must be an effort to keep this movie afloat and hit all demos.

I figure because of the Harley Quinn character in the new SS, that I should probably watch this SS and Birds of Prey for the first time.

Has anyone watched all three White Lotus episodes yet and if so, how is the show? Been close to starting it, Steve Zahn makes everything he’s in better.

White Lotus is great. Don't hesitate to start it, a bunch of interesting characters and the story pulls you in early.

The first Suicide Squad got worse as it went on, I finished it… and if Margot Robbie wasn’t in this one coming up, then I wouldn’t watch either SS (2016) or Birds of Prey.

But cause there has to be a connection with her as the same character in the new one, and I’m gonna be seeing the new Suicide Squad anyway, will watch, but I agree with what you are sayin, they’re bad movies by themselves.

Watched City of Lies a few nights back. Both Depp and Whittaker had good performances in the film and I enjoyed the chemistry they had. Not sure how much is true and what was fabricated but an interesting movie nonetheless with it largely focusing on the Biggie case, dirty Lapd cops, Depps character basically focusing his life on the case and his findings being buried. I'd give it a 5.5/8.

Also could see why it was delayed about 3 years. They don't paint the LAPD in the best light, Depps rocky marriage and domestic issues.

Its amazing how Depp was a huge A lister about 3-4 years ago but now seems like a footnote in history.

Stillwater :emoji_fire: :emoji_fire: :emoji_fire:

Movie was real good y'all. Matt Damon's performance was something else. Accent was spot on. Convincingly sold the character and played it extremely well. There was literally 1 mention of Trump and it was used as comic relief. Whole movie was in France so American politics had zero involvement. Just a guy from the south trying to deal with a crazy situation his daughter is in. Movie was 2hrs/20min and it didn't drag one bit which says a lot. Couldn't help but stay glued to see where it was going and appreciated all the thoughtful moments throughout. It dealt a lot with the meaning of family, love, and second chances. I'm sure y'all will appreciate this movie as well.

Jungle Cruise was Pirates of the Caribbean. Easy spot. It was enjoyable, it did have all the things it needed just as Pirates did, and any sequels they make (and they will) will suck. (and they will)

It was a fine 2 hours, exact same formula, just with the Rock instead of Depp.

Can't believe Jungle Cruise pulled in those numbers. The House of Mouse really can't be ****ed with.
My son saw it with his grandparents this weekend. He said it was amazing and that we have to watch it. I told him "Eh, I'm not really the biggest fan of the Rock, because all his movies are the same." He asks what I meant. I go, "I mean, he's obviously a big, strong rescue person in the movie. There's always some pretty damsel in distress that he has to pull up from a cliff or a tree or a plane or in this case the side of the boat or something, and there are corny jokes between him and her throughout the movie..." He stops and goes, "Wait, are you sure you haven't seen it?"

🤣

-foe

Jungle Cruise was Pirates of the Caribbean. Easy spot. It was enjoyable, it did have all the things it needed just as Pirates did, and any sequels they make (and they will) will suck. (and they will)

Pirates 2 > 1 though

Good enough for me. In.

I really liked the OG POTC and even liked the Eddie Murphy Haunted Mansion. Plus, I’m an Emily Blunt stan, so I’m sure I’ll like Jungle Cruise.

Damn what year did this come out? I’ve never even heard of this film. Great cast indeed.

C CP1708 wasted cast member movie draft????

ill start working on my draft board

2007. I think I had heard of it but never knew who was in it or what it was about. Saw it was streaming on Prime and thought it would be worth a watch after I watched the trailer. Ruffalo was really good, but the movie wasn't.

Back
Top Bottom