Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Hottest Movie Scenes is a thread worthy topic.
Thread wouldn’t make it a day though.

Once scenes of Michelle Williams in Blue Valentine, Kate Winslet in the Reader or Kiera Knightley in Atonement reach the page, “locked”

I say exactly Master Zik Master Zik , it as a whole ‘was’ good and the finale was the best episode.

The show takes real social themes further than any—even HBO show—does about classism and race, which is just a credit to Mike White, the creator (Ned Schneebly in School of Rock). The actors playing Armond, Rachel, Belinda, Shane, and Rachel, some established/some not/some on the fence, were each standouts together and then separately.

I think based on what you said, you can say good and great is a personal distinction but that you’d recommend it for the 6-episode journey that was story, themes, and great acting performances all coalescing at the same time with a ton of talent. It’s just a harder show to watch with significant others or families who someone may have underlying problems with, that’s my only advice for those thinking about it, but most importantly/generally it was great.

I say exactly Master Zik Master Zik , it as a whole ‘was’ good and the finale was the best episode.

The show takes real social themes further than any—even HBO show—does about classism and race, which is just a credit to Mike White, the creator (Ned Schneebly in School of Rock). The actors playing Armond, Rachel, Belinda, Shane, and Rachel, some established/some not/some on the fence, were each standouts together and then separately.

I think based on what you said, you can say good and great is a personal distinction but that you’d recommend it for the 6-episode journey that was story, themes, and great acting performances all coalescing at the same time with a ton of talent. It’s just a harder show to watch with significant others or families who someone may have underlying problems with, that’s my only advice for those thinking about it, but most importantly/generally it was great.
Some things stayed with me but I wouldn't give it high praise. Its sort of a show where if you watched the first two eps might as well stick it out bit of you see the first ep and don't like it I wouldn't encourage somebody to keep going "cuz it gets better".

Especially in the package it came in, I wouldn't come close to saying "it took social themes further than any other show." Its a well acted and we'll written show.

I really thought the human remains were going to be someone else.
I would recommend the Series, for sure.
I felt like I was watching Reality TV.
The MUSIC was the only thing that kept reminding me that I was watching television.

Just started The Tomorrow War. So they’ve developed time travel but they’re still using primitive (relatively speaking) weapons? Makes sense.

Also, if you’ve developed the technology to move through time and space, I don’t understand how going back in time to get more bodies becomes your best line of defense. Might as well pack it in.

Also, if you’ve developed the technology to move through time and space, I don’t understand how going back in time to get more bodies becomes your best line of defense. Might as well pack it in.

They explained that.

They even made it simple for your simple ***!

Its like two lily pads moving down the river.

The can only jump back a certain amount of time.

Like can constantly jump back 6 years to the day until they meet their demise.

They explained that.

They even made it simple for your simple ***!

I’m talking about from a technological stand point, BA.

A world that has developed time travel has also developed an unimaginable amount of other tech. Like, anything we have at our disposal today would be considered primitive.

World’s population went from 7+ billion to 500k in 3 years. Throwing more bodies at the problem isn’t going to solve a damn thing.

But the correct answer is because they wouldn’t be able to scale and roll out the toxin in time.

Let me know what you think, I read some reviews for it and they made some strange choices for the sequel.
It was decent. Sequel had nothing to do with the og. Some big twists. Some cheesy moments but some satisfying revenge scenes as well. Not exactly a must see but still a fun movie to watch.

On another note. Saw a funny fight after the movie. Women going at it over talking during the movie. They ended up tumbling down the stairs :lol: . Fight broke up quick but trash talking kept going to the parking lot. One of the girls had a taser. Didn't use it tho. Unexpected double feature lol.

I’m talking about from a technological stand point, BA.

A world that has developed time travel has also developed an unimaginable amount of other tech. Like, anything we have at our disposal today would be considered primitive.

World’s population went from 7+ billion to 500k in 3 years. Throwing more bodies at the problem isn’t going to solve a damn thing.

But the correct answer is because they wouldn’t be able to scale and roll out the toxin in time.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The bigger thing for me would be.......

Imagine if the Earth was down to 500K......

What an amazingly different world this would be. No overpopulation, no traffic. Still more than enough people to fill roles worldwide, but seriously, the possibilities of a world like that......

Only a couple hundred doctors world wide
Couple hundred cops.
No real need for millions of soldiers
Hundreds of teachers K thru college

I mean, hell, 500K in America would be light as hell, the entire world???? :wow:

Someone write that movie. I'd pay to see it tomorrow.

These are all FIRE contenders, don’t get me wrong. I respect and love each and every one of them.

HOWEVER.

NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING will ever top Linda Barrett coming out of that pool.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The bigger thing for me would be.......

Imagine if the Earth was down to 500K......

What an amazingly different world this would be. No overpopulation, no traffic. Still more than enough people to fill roles worldwide, but seriously, the possibilities of a world like that......

Only a couple hundred doctors world wide
Couple hundred cops.
No real need for millions of soldiers
Hundreds of teachers K thru college

I mean, hell, 500K in America would be light as hell, the entire world???? :wow:

Someone write that movie. I'd pay to see it tomorrow.

At a population of 500k, the world as it is today would cease to exist. It would be like The Walking Dead minus the zombies. Just a bunch of communes.

The population of Wyoming is 581,000 that would not be a lot of people worldwide :lol:

Just started watching Mr. Corman on Apple TV+, Joseph Gordon-Levitt took a break but would watch him in a show he stars in about anything. Watchin Episode 2.

Back
Top Bottom