Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I would prefer everyone watching the same movie, I don't want to hear a book report from everyone individually
laugh.gif

I would prefer everyone watching the same movie, I don't want to hear a book report from everyone individually
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Good to see you pullin thru here more often.  Based on the NBA thread last summer, I'da thought you would post up in here more than anybody. 
laugh.gif
  You was a postin fool those movie days in the NBA thread. 

Johnny Red is in for the movie club, he's on ice right now, but he'll be back soon and he has eyes on us, so he'll get the message as we do work in here, he'll just need PM's or Twitter to get hold of us for a bit. 

Good to see you pullin thru here more often.  Based on the NBA thread last summer, I'da thought you would post up in here more than anybody. 
laugh.gif

Johnny Red is in for the movie club, he's on ice right now, but he'll be back soon and he has eyes on us, so he'll get the message as we do work in here, he'll just need PM's or Twitter to get hold of us for a bit. 

Some how my brain has made it so I never notice this thread but has anybody ever seen a better trailer than the one for Girl with the Dragon tatoo?

Fincher is right there with Nolan as best director on the planet.
pimp.gif

Some how my brain has made it so I never notice this thread but has anybody ever seen a better trailer than the one for Girl with the Dragon tatoo?

pimp.gif

we should all watch the same movie. we should try to pick a movie none of us have seen. I know alot of us never watched alot of movies in the 70s

P i'm beyond jealous. watching arrested development and the wire back to back. I wish i could take one of Gob's forget pills and watch those two series plus the simpsons over and over.

TV will be ruined for you after your done with AD and the Wire. So enjoy

we should all watch the same movie. we should try to pick a movie none of us have seen. I know alot of us never watched alot of movies in the 70s

P i'm beyond jealous. watching arrested development and the wire back to back. I wish i could take one of Gob's forget pills and watch those two series plus the simpsons over and over.

TV will be ruined for you after your done with AD and the Wire. So enjoy

We need to come up with a plan, if we go in order, 10-15 names, whatever, each person gets a pick for their week.  But we want to at least try to get a movie that most of us haven't seen, right? Or do we just want everyone watching favorites, like as Kev said, Easy A? 

Because you get one week, one pick, you don't want to pick a movie that everyone hates, then have to wait another 15 weeks before you get to pick again. 
laugh.gif

We'll need to come up with an order too.  Although JPZ should get the automatic first week.  Run it from Monday to Sunday, however, if everyone gets thru the movie and reviews in here before the next Monday, we could simply pick the next movie and get started.  That way we don't sit idle for 3-4 days if everyone has already watched that weeks movie.  Make sense? 

I sense alot more editing in my future. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  I'll create some space and come up with the list of players, as well as the picks.  Maybe track when each review comes in or something. 

Osh, Dragon Tattoo is lookin ok so far, have you seen the Sweedish versions? 

We need to come up with a plan, if we go in order, 10-15 names, whatever, each person gets a pick for their week.  But we want to at least try to get a movie that most of us haven't seen, right? Or do we just want everyone watching favorites, like as Kev said, Easy A? 

Because you get one week, one pick, you don't want to pick a movie that everyone hates, then have to wait another 15 weeks before you get to pick again. 
laugh.gif

We'll need to come up with an order too.  Although JPZ should get the automatic first week.  Run it from Monday to Sunday, however, if everyone gets thru the movie and reviews in here before the next Monday, we could simply pick the next movie and get started.  That way we don't sit idle for 3-4 days if everyone has already watched that weeks movie.  Make sense? 

I sense alot more editing in my future. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  I'll create some space and come up with the list of players, as well as the picks.  Maybe track when each review comes in or something. 

Osh, Dragon Tattoo is lookin ok so far, have you seen the Sweedish versions? 

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

pimp.gif
The first Battle: LA trailer gives it a run for its money... That trailer made that movie look so
eek.gif

But Fincher is my favorite going right now. Got complete faith in him nailing this movie and these characters.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

pimp.gif
The first Battle: LA trailer gives it a run for its money... That trailer made that movie look so
eek.gif

But Fincher is my favorite going right now. Got complete faith in him nailing this movie and these characters.

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif

Second job man, phasing the first job out right now.  Been busy like hell.  Plus a wedding
laugh.gif
grin.gif

I'd be down for the movie review, I've been stuck in the house watching NF more often than not now.

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif

Second job man, phasing the first job out right now.  Been busy like hell.  Plus a wedding
laugh.gif
grin.gif

I'd be down for the movie review, I've been stuck in the house watching NF more often than not now.

I say leave it up to whoever picks for that week. It will be cool both ways, picking a movie most haven't seen as well as discussing classics or more popular films. We could always have the person who gets to pick suggest a few possible films, and see if the majority prefer one over another. That way we don't get forced into discussing a movie everyone hates... or if someone wants to choose one of their favorite guilty pleasure movies.. like if someone chose Point Break or Easy A even, we wouldn't necessarily have to choose that one.

I say leave it up to whoever picks for that week. It will be cool both ways, picking a movie most haven't seen as well as discussing classics or more popular films. We could always have the person who gets to pick suggest a few possible films, and see if the majority prefer one over another. That way we don't get forced into discussing a movie everyone hates... or if someone wants to choose one of their favorite guilty pleasure movies.. like if someone chose Point Break or Easy A even, we wouldn't necessarily have to choose that one.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Maybe we could get like a que, or a hopper so to speak.  Everyone throws 5 movies into the hopper, sort of gives us all an idea of what we could and may be watching in the coming weeks.  Also allows time to locate some of these as needed.  Might help expand what we might get too, if people see 5 movies, and they like 4 of them, instead of also having to name those 4, they could pick 5 totally different movies, just to add to the que since they know their 4 will be covered by somebody else at some point. 

Make sense?

I need to get that Battle LA Blu Ray, but I don't have the funds at the moment. 
tired.gif

Ya'll see the Dark Knight thread?  Rumors of Liam being on set.  Hmmmmm 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Maybe we could get like a que, or a hopper so to speak.  Everyone throws 5 movies into the hopper, sort of gives us all an idea of what we could and may be watching in the coming weeks.  Also allows time to locate some of these as needed.  Might help expand what we might get too, if people see 5 movies, and they like 4 of them, instead of also having to name those 4, they could pick 5 totally different movies, just to add to the que since they know their 4 will be covered by somebody else at some point. 

Make sense?

I need to get that Battle LA Blu Ray, but I don't have the funds at the moment. 
tired.gif

Ya'll see the Dark Knight thread?  Rumors of Liam being on set.  Hmmmmm 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom