Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I'm gonna go Synecdoche, New York from Kev's list because White Ribbon will be on mine later and hopefully we'll get to it then.
Phillip seymour hoffman is the man. Always thought he could do a good penguin in batman
Man I've read a ton of Batman comics recently and I feel like there's still so much more Christopher Nolan could still do with that franchise...

You could damn near make three movies out of a Bane series...

I'm gonna go Synecdoche, New York from Kev's list because White Ribbon will be on mine later and hopefully we'll get to it then.
Phillip seymour hoffman is the man. Always thought he could do a good penguin in batman
Man I've read a ton of Batman comics recently and I feel like there's still so much more Christopher Nolan could still do with that franchise...

I'd still like to see one movie dedicated to Mr. Freeze and one to Two-Face and a secondary villian like Croc or Clayface.

TLJ didn't do a bad Two-Face considering he was paired with The Riddler but Mr. Freeze as a bulked up Austrian was not a good look at all
laugh.gif

I'd love to see them do an Arkham movie as well.

I'd still like to see one movie dedicated to Mr. Freeze and one to Two-Face and a secondary villian like Croc or Clayface.

TLJ didn't do a bad Two-Face considering he was paired with The Riddler but Mr. Freeze as a bulked up Austrian was not a good look at all
laugh.gif

I'd love to see them do an Arkham movie as well.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

The Village without the twist or expectation of such isn't that bad of a movie
I agree with this.  I feel the same way about Signs.  Very watchable movies as long as you drop any expectation of a mind-blowing ending like Sixth Sense had.  I can't say the same for M. Night's more recent stuff though.  Most of those movies have just been bad. 

Originally Posted by Big J 33

The Village without the twist or expectation of such isn't that bad of a movie
I agree with this.  I feel the same way about Signs.  Very watchable movies as long as you drop any expectation of a mind-blowing ending like Sixth Sense had.  I can't say the same for M. Night's more recent stuff though.  Most of those movies have just been bad. 

Ok, first of all, quit voting on week 2 dammit. 
laugh.gif
  Do we even have a consensus on week 1 yet?  What movie am I trackin down this week, Mean Streets? 

Worry about week 2 in week 2. 

Smack Bauer wrote:
Any news on the 24 movie?

nerd.gif

Your 10th post huh?  Yet you pull thru here totally comfortable in the thread.......have you PM'd me in the past few days? 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Nowitness41Dirk wrote:
I'm with you CP...... Coach Taylor is good bull. Needs more roles.

I like the guy, but my one question, does he have any range?  The whole time I was watchin him, I still thought he was coach Taylor.  He played the role the exact same.  I would like to see him do something else, just to know if he can.  In fact, I'd love to see him play a bad guy somewhere.  Have him cussin and what not, maybe play a drunk, I dunno, just not be coach Taylor again ya know? 

MrONegative wrote:

CP1708 wrote:
Sucker Punch......mindless, visually stunning, no dialogue, steals from the Matrix about 5 times, and it played more music than MTV does. Other than that, eh, 6/10. Falling Skies looks kinda like I been askin for from invasion movies, only a series will have more time than a movie will. And Dexter is starting to leak ads.
pimp.gif
Mean or Sunshine, I never seen either so I'm happy no matter what.
Told you the music was bad.

Here's my question about !#%$%%# Sucker Punch...if the whole point was escaping that place...and every time Babydoll dances to music, all the dudes go braindead. Why doesn't she do a little poplockathon and help all her friends run away? Huh? No? Everything else they did made more sense? iight.
eyes.gif

One thing I wanted to see and was angry they didn't give it to me was, the actual dance.  This chick up here with some sort of dance so electric, the audience hardly breathes while she does it, and all the while they don't show us a single second of it? 
grin.gif
  At first I just thought that maybe her fighting was the dance moves, but that don't make no God damn sense because that wouldn't stall nobody out long enough for an entire cigar to sit there turning to ash. 
30t6p3b.gif
  He should have given us one of the dances, to show what it was all about.  He chicken @#$%^&* his way outta that. 
Still though, the guys visuals are freaking ridiculous.  And if he can create Metropolis in that light, and Nolan's team will handle the writing part of things, and that cast will take care of itself, I don't see how Synder could mess this up.  Course, he could also turn on the Superman theme song right in the middle of some key dialogue, that would be unfortunate. 
laugh.gif
  The guy still did Dawn of the Dead, and 300, he still gets credit from me, but he's testing me right now.  Sucker Punch was beautiful to look at, but had no substance whatsoever.  I can't even remember 3 lines from it. 

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

hoffman is the man. Always thought he could do a good penguin in batman

You rememeber that a few months ago they already said a Batman reboot is coming even after Nolan leaves.  There's the issue with the Batman lineage, it's going to split off in so many directions a lot like X-Men has.  We could have the Burton era Batman, Nolan/Bale and then new reboot era.  They could very well go with those villians, the problem will be the "re-boot" part, because they can't do an origin flick, we already seen how Batman came to be, and it was done flawlessly, so they have to simply move on and pretend like Batman been around a while.  If they show me some 28 year old learnin how to order a batmobile or design weapons, I'll be furious.  Following Nolan already has fail stamped all over it to begin with, don't get off on the wrong foot. 
laugh.gif

Horrible Bosses looks like it will be a good one.  Jason Bateman has been in about 50 movies in 5 years, I swear it. 

Not to get Us Weeklyish, but Jennifer Aniston.  Fine as all hell, one of the most incredible 40 something year old looking women I ever seen, but her resume is top shelf. 
Friends obviously got her the big start
She's the One
Picture Perfect
The Object of my Affection
Office Space
Rock Star
Bruce Almighty
Along Came Polly
Derailed
The Break Up
He's Just Not That Into You
The Bounty Hunter
Just Go With It
Horrible Bosses (potentially)

She's never been in a big franchise movie, but everything she does, does well, and she's always the same, the quirky hot chick, and yet it works.  They market her perfectly in everything she does.  Chick flicks and comedies that guys will go see just so they can look at her for 2 hours.  Am I crazy here?  Julia Roberts is the better actress, but I rather look at Jen then Julia if we're bein honest right now.  Julia carries films, no doubt, but this is a damn good resume for a limited actress.  Derailed is the only one where she played a little evil or edgy.  She needs another one of those. 

laugh.gif
  Do we even have a consensus on week 1 yet?  What movie am I trackin down this week, Mean Streets? 

Smack Bauer wrote:

nerd.gif

Your 10th post huh?  Yet you pull thru here totally comfortable in the thread.......have you PM'd me in the past few days? 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Nowitness41Dirk wrote:

I like the guy, but my one question, does he have any range?  The whole time I was watchin him, I still thought he was coach Taylor.  He played the role the exact same.  I would like to see him do something else, just to know if he can.  In fact, I'd love to see him play a bad guy somewhere.  Have him cussin and what not, maybe play a drunk, I dunno, just not be coach Taylor again ya know? 

MrONegative wrote:

CP1708 wrote:
Sucker Punch......mindless, visually stunning, no dialogue, steals from the Matrix about 5 times, and it played more music than MTV does. Other than that, eh, 6/10. Falling Skies looks kinda like I been askin for from invasion movies, only a series will have more time than a movie will. And Dexter is starting to leak ads.
pimp.gif

Here's my question about !#%$%%# Sucker Punch...if the whole point was escaping that place...and every time Babydoll dances to music, all the dudes go braindead. Why doesn't she do a little poplockathon and help all her friends run away? Huh? No? Everything else they did made more sense? iight.
eyes.gif

One thing I wanted to see and was angry they didn't give it to me was, the actual dance.  This chick up here with some sort of dance so electric, the audience hardly breathes while she does it, and all the while they don't show us a single second of it? 
grin.gif
  At first I just thought that maybe her fighting was the dance moves, but that don't make no God damn sense because that wouldn't stall nobody out long enough for an entire cigar to sit there turning to ash. 
30t6p3b.gif
  He should have given us one of the dances, to show what it was all about.  He chicken @#$%^&* his way outta that. 
Still though, the guys visuals are freaking ridiculous.  And if he can create Metropolis in that light, and Nolan's team will handle the writing part of things, and that cast will take care of itself, I don't see how Synder could mess this up.  Course, he could also turn on the Superman theme song right in the middle of some key dialogue, that would be unfortunate. 
laugh.gif
  The guy still did Dawn of the Dead, and 300, he still gets credit from me, but he's testing me right now.  Sucker Punch was beautiful to look at, but had no substance whatsoever.  I can't even remember 3 lines from it. 

You rememeber that a few months ago they already said a Batman reboot is coming even after Nolan leaves.  There's the issue with the Batman lineage, it's going to split off in so many directions a lot like X-Men has.  We could have the Burton era Batman, Nolan/Bale and then new reboot era.  They could very well go with those villians, the problem will be the "re-boot" part, because they can't do an origin flick, we already seen how Batman came to be, and it was done flawlessly, so they have to simply move on and pretend like Batman been around a while.  If they show me some 28 year old learnin how to order a batmobile or design weapons, I'll be furious.  Following Nolan already has fail stamped all over it to begin with, don't get off on the wrong foot. 
laugh.gif

Horrible Bosses looks like it will be a good one.  Jason Bateman has been in about 50 movies in 5 years, I swear it. 

Not to get Us Weeklyish, but Jennifer Aniston.  Fine as all hell, one of the most incredible 40 something year old looking women I ever seen, but her resume is top shelf. 
She's the One
Picture Perfect
Office Space
Rock Star
Bruce Almighty
Along Came Polly
Derailed
The Break Up
The Bounty Hunter
Just Go With It

She's never been in a big franchise movie, but everything she does, does well, and she's always the same, the quirky hot chick, and yet it works.  They market her perfectly in everything she does.  Chick flicks and comedies that guys will go see just so they can look at her for 2 hours.  Am I crazy here?  Julia Roberts is the better actress, but I rather look at Jen then Julia if we're bein honest right now.  Julia carries films, no doubt, but this is a damn good resume for a limited actress.  Derailed is the only one where she played a little evil or edgy.  She needs another one of those. 

i don't care how many movie jason bateman does DO THE **@$%%+ ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT ONE ALREADY

couldn't belive that the main hold out was michael "i play the same character in every movie" cera

i don't care how many movie jason bateman does DO THE **@$%%+ ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT ONE ALREADY

couldn't belive that the main hold out was michael "i play the same character in every movie" cera

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif

Smack Bauer wrote:

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Nowitness41Dirk wrote:

MrONegative wrote:

CP1708 wrote:
pimp.gif

eyes.gif

grin.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

She's the One
Picture Perfect
Office Space
Rock Star
Bruce Almighty
Along Came Polly
Derailed
The Break Up
The Bounty Hunter
Just Go With It

Actually, there's a couple other small films she did where she played against her usual type and did it well.  The Good Girl and Friends With Money are both good movies in which you get to see a little different side of Anniston.  She's actually a pretty decent actress. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif

Smack Bauer wrote:

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Nowitness41Dirk wrote:

MrONegative wrote:

CP1708 wrote:
pimp.gif

eyes.gif

grin.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

She's the One
Picture Perfect
Office Space
Rock Star
Bruce Almighty
Along Came Polly
Derailed
The Break Up
The Bounty Hunter
Just Go With It

Actually, there's a couple other small films she did where she played against her usual type and did it well.  The Good Girl and Friends With Money are both good movies in which you get to see a little different side of Anniston.  She's actually a pretty decent actress. 

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Christina Hendricks may play Wonder Woman eventually
Isn't she Mad Men?  Uhh, obvious question here, how would that even be possible?  I mean, physically, CAN she run even? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Christina Hendricks may play Wonder Woman eventually
Isn't she Mad Men?  Uhh, obvious question here, how would that even be possible?  I mean, physically, CAN she run even? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom