Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

It means I walked out of there wondering what on earth that just was.

And spent the next several hours attempting to figure it out sitting at home. Which actually is fine by me cause I like movies that make you think and don't have dumb-downed Hollywood storylines just handed to you.

That said I honestly have never seen a movie that confusing or lacking a "point" even though we know it's about a son and his demanding father.

I recommend people giving it a shot and telling me their opinions on it though.

It means I walked out of there wondering what on earth that just was.

And spent the next several hours attempting to figure it out sitting at home. Which actually is fine by me cause I like movies that make you think and don't have dumb-downed Hollywood storylines just handed to you.

That said I honestly have never seen a movie that confusing or lacking a "point" even though we know it's about a son and his demanding father.

I recommend people giving it a shot and telling me their opinions on it though.

i think kevin posted something bout the director not caring about social conventions so it makes sense that it was so odd

i think kevin posted something bout the director not caring about social conventions so it makes sense that it was so odd

What's the exact premise of this thread? I've slept hard, and to be honest, I saw the title, but never realized the amount of pages 
eek.gif

laugh.gif

What's the exact premise of this thread? I've slept hard, and to be honest, I saw the title, but never realized the amount of pages 
eek.gif

laugh.gif

the premise is that this is a thread where regulars discuss all movies. We used to do it in the NBA off season thread and other random places and it was annoying people

the premise is that this is a thread where regulars discuss all movies. We used to do it in the NBA off season thread and other random places and it was annoying people

2011 Movie Watch List
Spoiler [+]
JPZ
Lincoln Lawyer
Source Code
Thor
I Am Number Four
The Mechanic
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Hangover: Part II
The Green Hornet

CP1708
The Green Hornet
The Company Men
No Strings Attached
The Mechanic
Just Go With It
Hall Pass
The Eagle
I am Number Four
Unknown
Drive Angry
The Adjustment Bureau
Battle LA
Limitless
Fast Five
Thor
Scream 4
The Hangover II
X-Men
Kill the Irishman
Super 8
Sucker Punch

Dirk
Fast Five
Rango
Battle: LA
First Class
Thor
No Strings Attached
Hangover II
Paul
Bridesmaids
Your Highness
Super
Win, Win (MOTY for me so far)
Pirates IV

Kev
The Adjustment Bureau
Kill the Irishman
Scream 4
Bridesmaids

MrONegative

Monsters

The Green Hornet

The Mechanic

The Eagle

Cedar Rapids

I Am Number Four

Unknown

Drive Angry

The Adjustment Bureau

Limitless

The Lincoln Lawyer

Paul

Hobo With A Shotgun

Source Code

Hanna

Your Highness

Scream 4

Fast Five

Stake Land

X-Men: First Class
Super 8

Anyone else have the movies they seen so far from 2011? 

Aye, and are we watching Mean Streets or what?  Nobody ever said one way or the other.  I need to track it down and get to it. 

2011 Movie Watch List
Spoiler [+]
JPZ
Lincoln Lawyer
Source Code
Thor
I Am Number Four
The Mechanic
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Hangover: Part II
The Green Hornet

CP1708
The Green Hornet
The Company Men
No Strings Attached
The Mechanic
Just Go With It
Hall Pass
The Eagle
I am Number Four
Unknown
Drive Angry
The Adjustment Bureau
Battle LA
Limitless
Fast Five
Thor
Scream 4
The Hangover II
X-Men
Kill the Irishman
Super 8
Sucker Punch

Dirk
Fast Five
Rango
First Class
Thor
No Strings Attached
Hangover II
Paul
Bridesmaids
Your Highness
Super
Win, Win (MOTY for me so far)
Pirates IV

Kev
The Adjustment Bureau
Kill the Irishman
Scream 4
Bridesmaids

MrONegative

Monsters

The Green Hornet

The Mechanic

The Eagle

Cedar Rapids

I Am Number Four

Unknown

Drive Angry

The Adjustment Bureau

Limitless

The Lincoln Lawyer

Paul

Hobo With A Shotgun

Source Code

Hanna

Your Highness

Scream 4

Fast Five

Stake Land

X-Men: First Class
Super 8

Anyone else have the movies they seen so far from 2011? 

Aye, and are we watching Mean Streets or what?  Nobody ever said one way or the other.  I need to track it down and get to it. 

Originally Posted by MrONegative
I heard you mention it, I saw Simmons write and article on it, and yet, I have ZERO clue what "The Killing" is.  AMC show, ala Mad Men I take it, what is the premise of the show? 

I've been wanting to watch Mad Men, as well as The Wire, but I'm still finishing up Sopranos, and know that Dexter is only like 2-3 months away or so. 
Also got to check out the 6 episode "season" of Walking Dead. 

I need a longer vacation. 
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

I heard you mention it, I saw Simmons write and article on it, and yet, I have ZERO clue what "The Killing" is.  AMC show, ala Mad Men I take it, what is the premise of the show? 

I've been wanting to watch Mad Men, as well as The Wire, but I'm still finishing up Sopranos, and know that Dexter is only like 2-3 months away or so. 

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

I think Mean Streets won by two or three votes, but not everybody chimed in.

Everyone has until Monday to watch it and get their thoughts in?

I think Mean Streets won by two or three votes, but not everybody chimed in.

Everyone has until Monday to watch it and get their thoughts in?

Yeah, let's go with that then.  We have to watch it and review it on in here by Monday 6/27.  Then it will be your movies on the clock, we'll give our votes, and carry on that way. 

Gimme a sec and I'll update the list and post it in here as a heads up to everybody.  

Weekly Movie watch and review

We should all do our ratings on a scale of 10.  That way after each movie, we'll get a cumulative score for each movie based off the same numbers.  You can go 8.4/10, or a simple 6/10 or 6.6/10, whatever. 

ALL ratings must be on a  /10 scale. 
  1. JPZ, Week 1  Mean Streets, watch and review by Monday 6/27
  2. Kev
  3. Dub
  4. Prime
  5. JRP
  6. CP
  7. Noskey
  8. U of Nike
  9. Big J
  10. Pro
  11. Johnny
  12. Illmatic
  13. Dirk
  14. MrONegative

Yeah, let's go with that then.  We have to watch it and review it on in here by Monday 6/27.  Then it will be your movies on the clock, we'll give our votes, and carry on that way. 

Gimme a sec and I'll update the list and post it in here as a heads up to everybody.  

Weekly Movie watch and review

We should all do our ratings on a scale of 10.  That way after each movie, we'll get a cumulative score for each movie based off the same numbers.  You can go 8.4/10, or a simple 6/10 or 6.6/10, whatever. 

ALL ratings must be on a  /10 scale. 
  1. JPZ, Week 1  Mean Streets, watch and review by Monday 6/27
  2. Kev
  3. Dub
  4. Prime
  5. JRP
  6. CP
  7. Noskey
  8. U of Nike
  9. Big J
  10. Pro
  11. Johnny
  12. Illmatic
  13. Dirk
  14. MrONegative

Originally Posted by CP1708

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Yea. I recommend the first 3 episodes of the season...and that's about it. Everything else is just pretentious character-killing #%$#*#%+. Enough that you won't trust AMC anymore.
30t6p3b.gif
At least Breaking Bad is coming back.

Back
Top Bottom