Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Batman vs Superman and Justice League are DC’s attempts at Marvel, so he said he was gonna watch one of each of the different Batman actor’s movies.

Which assumed was Batman vs. Superman, which no one should watch ever. Affleck’s Batman movie was technically that.
I wouldn’t really agree with that since they had Snyder direct those movies.

The attempt was to make a shared universe movie which is what Marvel has succeeded at (but so has the Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter). It’s just that Marvel and DC both make superhero films.

BvS isn’t anything like any Marvel movie. That was so bad DC wanted to get rid of Snyder and when the chance presented itself they thought they could Whedon to fix Snyder’s JL when really they should’ve just had him start from scratch if they wanted Marvel success that bad (despite refusing to do things the way Marvel did to reach that success).

I’m not too sure what the current debate is about, but I liked TDKR :lol:

Leaving off The Batman (too new), my personal list is:

1. Batman 1989
2. TDK
3. Batman 1966
4. TDKR
5. Returns
6. Begins
7. Forever
8. Batman & Robin
9. BvS

And I’m not including the 1966 version to be funny :lol: I used to love the reruns as a kid, and the movie was just an extended episode to me

Catwoman was trash. Her story meant nothing to the plot. Came off as a tacked on forced romance. Perhaps if there was some thief robbing everybody alluded to in TDK in the background she’d have more meaning or worth in TDKR. She stole some pearls, wanted some macguffin to erase her criminal history, and then just got paired up with Bruce cuz he needed some sort of happy ending.

Anne was good as an actor but it doesn’t mean much when the role and story wasn’t. TDKR is an overall bad movie but changing aspects like 2 years instead of 12 doesn’t really matter. The whole point of that time skip was to show how Gotham had changed since Joker, Dent, and Batman being framed. The story itself doesn’t have a ton of ties to the source material so Nolan just did that lower class vs. elite metaphor to show Gotham hadn’t actually changed much.

Also why do you have to do Talia in a 4th film? The plot had Bane sent in as Talia’s right hand to wreck Gotham as she worked behind the scenes in a more public presence. His origin was directly tied to the league of shadows. He didn’t have some separate motive or reasons to do what he did. It was all following Talia, getting revenge for Ra’s, and finishing his plan to **** up Gotham. Besides that, put Talia and the league aside and you still got a pretty bad movie.

There wasn’t going to be a 4th film and going off TDKR there definitely shouldn’t have been.

TDKR was especially failed by Nolan and co because all the had to do was follow the actual comic where bane breaks Batman’s back

It was dumb to go the financial angl

The reason I say 2 years, in TDK they end saying the police have to chase him.. so dude is even more alone

Bane, like knightfall, physically wears dude dude down using his other enemies.. could have just stuck with that instead of adding talia

Last edited:
I wouldn’t really agree with that since they had Snyder direct those movies.

The attempt was to make a shared universe movie which is what Marvel has succeeded at (but so has the Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter). It’s just that Marvel and DC both make superhero films.

BvS isn’t anything like any Marvel movie. That was so bad DC wanted to get rid of Snyder and when the chance presented itself they thought they could Whedon to fix Snyder’s JL when really they should’ve just had him start from scratch if they wanted Marvel success that bad (despite refusing to do things the way Marvel did to reach that success).

Peacemaker is the only thing I’d really compare to marvel and that’s a lot raunchier obviously

D6A87521-22AC-42A6-989F-8B2A80FF846F.jpeg

TDKR was especially failed by Nolan and co because all the had to do was follow the actual comic where bane breaks Batman’s back

It was dumb to go the financial angl

The reason I say 2 years, in TDK they end saying the police have to chase him.. so dude is even more alone

Bane, like knightfall, physically wears dude dude down using his other enemies.. could have just stuck with that instead of adding talia

They were never doing a Batman movie copying Knightfall with multiple Bat villains used as pawns.

Nolan originally was thinking of bringing back Joker and using the Riddler. Same reason why it wasn’t even clear if Two-Face was dead. He went with Bane and Talia after Heath’s passing to bookend the story with Begins.

Peacemaker is the only thing I’d really compare to marvel and that’s a lot raunchier obviously
I guess.

That kinda came off more similar to Deadpool than a MCU flick.

I guess.

That kinda came off more similar to Deadpool than a MCU flick.

I compare it to mcu just in that you could see those people as actual people that are dealing with absurd shh.. but it’s not overly dark but not overly campy.. Deadpool was it’s own thing

But like falcon and the winter soldier, falcon still gotta go show up to apply for a bank loan.. Spider-Man still gotta apply for college .. but at the same time you got abused shh happening

They were never doing a Batman movie copying Knightfall with multiple Bat villains used as pawns.

Nolan originally was thinking of bringing back Joker and using the Riddler. Same reason why it wasn’t even clear if Two-Face was dead. He went with Bane and Talia after Heath’s passing to bookend the story with Begins.

That’s why I blame Nolan, the story was either dumb or uninspired

Bane was good, the actor was good in the role and had some good scenes.. it’s just absurd what happened and I’m not talking about the isolating Gotham and taking over part

And talia wasn’t good on top of the poor story telling

I could see a world where the band and cat woman of that movie are better utilized and a great movie is made.. I’m recasting talia on the whole on top of coming up with a better story for that character

Pretty sure Nolan original 3rd film was based around Joker coming back and he had to scrap that for obvious reasons

TDKR rises has it's faults but is at least entertaining to me

Pretty sure Nolan original 3rd film was based around Joker coming back and he had to scrap that for obvious reasons

TDKR rises has it's faults but is at least entertaining to me

But why is it entertaining?

I think hardy is great as bane and had great scenes, he was just failed by Nolan

And I knew he had to make changes.. but the story was just bad.. could have just went with knightfall, he went with other elements from that story

But why is it entertaining?

I think hardy is great as bane and had great scenes, he was just failed by Nolan

And I knew he had to make changes.. but the story was just bad.. could have just went with knightfall, he went with other elements from that story
I agree it's mostly bad. But I can find bad movies entertaining:lol:

Liked the Bane scenes, the prison scene, Scarecrow holding court. A few things here and there.

TDKR was a lot of things

Petytr Baelish: “it will hurt” “you’re a big guy” “for you…” there were sound flaws esp. when Bane talked during the loud natural sounds/ loud music scenes, like on the plane at the beginning

I completely spaced Talia from when I saw it in the theater, Nolan definitely wanted Marion in the movie she’s great

Anne Hathaway and usually all Catwoman are 11/10’s

The time-passing thing between TDK and TDKR that’s being referred to didn’t bother me but I can see it, it’s a hard third movie to pull off

Back
Top Bottom