Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

WUUUUUUUT. That's like the only Cage movie I can stand, that and Family Man.

-foe

wait wut. city of angels is the only cage movie you can stand?

1659035854194.gif

For me, no not really. I think if I remember in the thread I would drop office space and add coming to America.

Comedy really DIED when Judd apatow ended his epic run. Doesn’t get talked about enough, but dude was the steph curry of comedy.

Nothing has come out since that era to make me change my top 5, but I’ve def gained a ton of appreciation for older classics like Dr Strangelove, blazing saddles, Chaplin, marx brothers, Lucille ball, etc.

That’s probably the only genre that hasn’t really changed for me over time. My tastes for every other genre of movies has changed drastically over time.

For me, no not really. I think if I remember in the thread I would drop office space and add coming to America.

Comedy really DIED when Judd apatow ended his epic run. Doesn’t get talked about enough, but dude was the steph curry of comedy.

Nothing has come out since that era to make me change my top 5, but I’ve def gained a ton of appreciation for older classics like Dr Strangelove, blazing saddles, Chaplin, marx brothers, Lucille ball, etc.

That’s probably the only genre that hasn’t really changed for me over time. My tastes for every other genre of movies has changed drastically over time.
1659043508434.jpeg

Just started watching Heat. Good lord there's alot of stars on this. So far, so good. I had no idea that Michael Mann directed this. I loved Collateral and Ford vs. Ferrari and enjoyed Hancock so I expect this to be solid.

I think there's a lot of reasons for comedy fillms really stagnating over the last decade or so. To me one of the bigger problems is that no new comedy stars have really emerged recently. Jim Carrey, Ben Stiller, Will Farrell all got old and stopped working in movies as much. The guys who seemed like they might be the next generation like Seth Rogen, Jason Segel, Jonah Hill either just don't have the same kind of star power as those previous guys or have moved on to more dramatic roles.

The SNL women (Fey, Poehler, Wiig) and Mellisa McCarthay had a moment after Bridesmaids, but then came the all-female Ghostbusters reboot. And, fairly or unfairly, that moment ended.

And now we're in this phase where studios are so heavily focused on what they consider sure things like super-hero flicks, animated franchises, etc. So I don't see a renaissance of comedy movies coming any time soon.

Spoken like a man who has never seen Matchstick Men

Or Face/Off
Correct and correct.

I think I've mentioned this before but there are certain actors and actresses that just, they just make my skin crawl. Cage is one of them.

Cage
Tom Cruise
Will Ferrell
early Leo
Maya Rudolph
Keanu Reeves
Melissa McCarthy

I really struggle with them. 😂😬

-foe

Correct and correct.

I think I've mentioned this before but there are certain actors and actresses that just, they just make my skin crawl. Cage is one of them.

Cage
Tom Cruise
Will Ferrell
early Leo
Maya Rudolph
Keanu Reeves
Melissa McCarthy

I really struggle with them. 😂😬

-foe

Hear ya loud and clear. Just curious, in each of those cases, Do you consider it an irrational bias or do you have rational (in your opinion) reasons for your dislikes?

I def have a list of people I refuse to support because they have punchable faces. JLaw, Miles Teller, etc.

Sometimes if I can muster up the energy to learn about a persons backstory, it humanizes them and I can get past the hold up. Not always. But sometimes.

I wasn’t a big fan of Keanu growing up. Got older, read up about his life story, and now I can’t help but root for the guy. Born in Lebanon. He is the son of A showgirl and costume designer mother (originally from England. ) Dad a geologist born in Hawaii, of British, Portuguese, Native Hawaiian, and Chinese ancestry. Sounds a lot like my backstory.

Anyways, long ramble. But I respect your list.

People that say people have punchable faces have problems, just weird energy

Finally saw the latest Thor movie. I could have swore people said there wasn’t enough Tessa and she was in damn near half the movie and still I think that’s a fair assessment. The goats always cracked me up

Back
Top Bottom