Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

We got my man’s playing the organ before 2001: A Space Odyssey :pimp:

A00A7FAD-AC31-4BB0-8130-21BF17BF07E0.jpeg

Currently… at one of the best little theaters in Minnesota in 70mm print.

72FDF79C-ECD7-4F5A-B13F-57503CCE921C.jpeg

Don’t know if it’s even a horror movie or just eerie Sci-Fi… that is how blind I’m going in to see it for the first time.
Watched it in imax a couple yrs back
Stargate scene :wow:

So apparently after Leo Fitzpatrick starred in the film Kids (1995) he went back to work at a skate shop. Folks would repeatedly call the store and threaten him, saying they’re going to come over there and “kick his ***”, unaware that it was ONLY A MOVIE. So dumb. :stoneface:

Kubrick, there was kids at my theater, my god

I would love to see someone try to write the summary to the last 20 minutes of that movie :lol: I mean good ******* luck.

I really loved the actor who played Dave, Keir Dullea. My man's is still around, 86 years well. The blinking as he's going through the "Stargate" as you guys called it.

And about that, Christopher Nolan kind of rips that scene off in Interstellar if you think about what's happening in both sequences. Nolan's was far shorter but if it was any longer it would've been obvious. It was essentially a modernized, shorter version in a sense of what McConaghey was seeing vs. Dave, all string theory aside.

7/8, I didn't mind the slow burn in the first half but just thought there was more to explore with the characters.

p0tat0 5alad p0tat0 5alad I love that movie, and it's crazy we're talking about the same director for both dayum

p0tat0 5alad p0tat0 5alad I love that movie, and it's crazy we're talking about the same director for both dayum
You kinda inspired me when I saw you mention you were gonna see 2001. I haven’t seen it in over a decade but it was the movie that got me really into sci-fi movies. I’ve been meaning to watch Eyes Wide Shut since it came to Netflix so it was a good time as any to check it out. I’m halfway through it at the moment, he just gave the staff the password and arrived to the party

You kinda inspired me when I saw you mention you were gonna see 2001. I haven’t seen it in over a decade but it was the movie that got me really into sci-fi movies. I’ve been meaning to watch Eyes Wide Shut since it came to Netflix so it was a good time as any to check it out. I’m halfway through it at the moment, he just gave the staff the password and arrived to the party
Anticipating up to that moment, you’re surprised he even gets there :lol:

C763B78D-3049-41F3-AA95-33E947F9718D.jpeg

This easily makes my Top 5 movies of 2022 list. This movie was GREAT. It’s on HBO max right now. 7/8
Holy ****.
Georgina Campbell? I didn’t know her before Black Mirror and I haven’t seen her since. I was so in love with her in that episode and it’s probably the worst episode in the Black Mirror Universe.
This film could be awful and I’d be hard pressed to give it a decent review.

Little Skars always kills.
Let’s get it.

So apparently after Leo Fitzpatrick starred in the film Kids (1995) he went back to work at a skate shop. Folks would repeatedly call the store and threaten him, saying they’re going to come over there and “kick his ***”, unaware that it was ONLY A MOVIE. So dumb. :stoneface:
There's a few select movies where the realism is too real and ppl think they're watching a day in the life or a doc.

I remember when I first watched Curb and thought it was a reality show :lol:

Last edited:
It's been discussed for a while - and I'd be in favour of that. As much I like the story of the original it was let down by the technology of the time - and Christopher Lambert was an odd choice.

Would be nice to sort out the continuity a bit so it could have proper sequels too.
There's a franchise begging to be made there.

There may be a movie rights issue. If it were owned by any of the 4 (formerly 5) major studios it would've already had unsuccessful remakes in 2000 and 2011 or a 20 year gap before the sequel.

After doing quick look seems last year the announced Henry Cavill will play the lead in the remake 🔥 :pimp:

Last edited:
I’m generally not a fan of current Hollywood’s reliance on remakes/reboots, but it’s less objectionable when they’re remaking something that wasn’t that great in its original form. And I think Highlander fits that description.

BARBARIAN
Boy I tell you what.
I got okey doked.
Just when I thought
our Mans the "RAPIST" had turned a corner, he goes and tosses Lovely from the Tower to save himself? Pretty crazy how they both survived that fall... the second time that the MotherDroid mashup escaped Death. She had some hella fied strength for a 40yr Old malnourished diet

Going to make my fiance watch Barbarian with me tonight. Have avoided spoilers and haven't even watched a trailer yet. I'm excited.

Back
Top Bottom