Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

It’s a damn crime that this legendary show has not yet been made into a movie.

1667098559154.jpeg

Lost Boys related - putting in a spoiler not because I’m worried about spoiling anything in a 35 year old movie, but because not everyone might appreciate this theory-

Seen this movie tons of times, but never really picked up on this before. I think the Sam character (Corey Haim) is supposed to be gay. His room has posters of only dudes in it, including one of Rob Lowe posing seductively and bearing his midriff. He wears very colorful - some might say flamboyant - clothes and he sings oldies while taking bubble baths. Joel Schumacher, who directed the movie, is himself gay, so I have a hard time believing all that was coincidence. Doesn’t affect my love for the movie at all. Just an epiphany I had while watching it tonight

lawdog1 lawdog1 Haven't seen it and been wanting to that’s appreciated

Currently

5BB5689C-1421-4917-8BE3-BD2B4EF453D3.jpeg

Haven’t seen it since the first party I went to in middle school in 2005, Halloween weekend time. I was such a scared boi watched it behind my fingers and braved up and caught the old woman scene and it scared me to my core :lol:

So first time.

My top 5 of 2022. Still haven’t seen TONS. And I’ve put off most dramas until December.

1. Nope
2. Barbarian
3. Everything, Everywhere, All at Once
4. Prey
5. The Batman

Honorable mention: Bullet Train

Films that could jump spots in the coaches poll: Top Gun, Woman King, The Banshees of Inershirin, Wakanda Forever, Avatar, The Pale Blue Eye, The Whale.

Any I’m forgetting?

My top 5 of 2022. Still haven’t seen TONS. And I’ve put off most dramas until December.

1. Nope
2. Barbarian
4. Prey
5. The Batman

Films that could jump spots in the coaches poll: Top Gun, Woman King, The Banshees of Inershirin, Wakanda Forever, Avatar, The Pale Blue Eye, The Whale.

Any I’m forgetting?
Yes. Gray Man is better than 2 of your 5, yet didn't even get a Coaches Poll mention. You must not have seen it. Only logical explanation.

-foe

1. Nope
2. Barbarian
4. Prey
5. The Batman

Any I’m forgetting?
My top 5

1. Nope
2. Turning Red
4. Butterfly in the Sky [documentary]
5. The Smell of Money [documentary]

Honorable Mention:
Prey
Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent
Hustle

My list is skewed to earlier in the year releases and stuff that was available to stream cause my wife was pregnant most of the year

Last edited:
Yes. Gray Man is better than 2 of your 5, yet didn't even get a Coaches Poll mention. You must not have seen it. Only logical explanation.

-foe

You’re absolutely right! Completely forgot about Grey Man. I really enjoyed that one. It replaces Prey on my list. Due to strength of schedule, Prey gets bumped down to honorable mention. Batman stays. SEC bias.

Lost Boys related - putting in a spoiler not because I’m worried about spoiling anything in a 35 year old movie, but because not everyone might appreciate this theory-

Seen this movie tons of times, but never really picked up on this before. I think the Sam character (Corey Haim) is supposed to be gay. His room has posters of only dudes in it, including one of Rob Lowe posing seductively and bearing his midriff. He wears very colorful - some might say flamboyant - clothes and he sings oldies while taking bubble baths. Joel Schumacher, who directed the movie, is himself gay, so I have a hard time believing all that was coincidence. Doesn’t affect my love for the movie at all. Just an epiphany I had while watching it tonight

Funny you say this. After I watched Scream the other day, it felt like the two guys at the end had a "special" relationship...

seinfeld-not-that-theres-anything-wrong.gif

The goat. Such a stupid decision having her character killed off. After her death scene I always shut off the movie.

1667143170557.jpeg

I would add that film itself is in a dark place. We need to go back to year 2002. An era of originality, depth, and creativity. (I’m looking at you, Attack of the Clones.)

Back
Top Bottom