Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Tonight’s viewing. I haven’t seen this one in a long time. I don’t remember it perfectly, except for the fact that I did like it a lot when I saw it during the year it released

1684545275300.jpeg

Mars Attack I took it as EVERYONE was in on it be outlandish and crazy and I respect the actors involved in it that was with the joke. Top names all around at the time. :pimp:

They had it on in the barbershop.. trash but not House Party remake trash. If that’s saying anything lol.

Lol didn’t know it’s that serious. I couldn’t make it thru the first 10 mins of the new space jam but this at least was adult oriented. Was comical in a strange way but definitely not a good move lol

The new White Men Can’t jump is absolute fire. In fact, I would suggest assembling a get-together with your mates and enjoy a nice, comfy viewing party. I can assure you there will be nothing but laughs, cheers, and smiles. One of the greatest films in years.

The Covenant was good, an action military flick it doesn't seem they make too much of anymore. Just reminds you how dirty the US can be. **** GW for getting us into this. 6/8.

May as well add the others I've seen recently:

Saw Rennfield too, another fun flick, lots of gore. Nick Cage played it well. Dracula is over the top but he played it as Dracula, not Nic Cage. Awkwafina is not a bad actress at all, however you feel about her. 5/8

Super Mario Brothers, I expected one of those unexpected, secretly clever kids films like D&D or The Lego movie but this wasn't that, it was almost straight forward, by the numbers for children, but slightly above average. Still fun, 4.4/8.

Last edited:
Fast X........

Oh. My ****ing. GOD. :wow: :pimp:

Do I smell Oscars? Don't laugh, I ain't jokin. :lol:

Jason Mamoa, you deserve a nom. Incredible. He was flat out movie magic. He was Jack Sparrow F&F style.

The storylines they put together, the separate people/groups, the humor, the twists and turns they just didn't miss. This is Top 3 in the franchise with 5-6.

Jordana Brewster and John Cena fight scene. Oscar.

Helen Mirren holdin it down. Oscar.

Rome and Tej pillow fighting.

The cameos :wow: :pimp:

The lead in to Fast 11, what a cliffhanger. (New for the franchise)
The callback scenes were brilliant.

Furiosa gettin it in. :pimp:

Smirnoff fueled jet glider.......Oscar.

:lol:

What a masterpiece. They even show once again they in on the joke, makin fun of the family stuff and what not. Self aware. :smokin

Eleventeen outta 8.

We talk about the new White Man Can’t jump yet?

It’s awful but still can’t help but watch it as a hooper.

Just finished it. What an absolute waste of time. The original is a classic and this one had none of its originality and warmth. But the main thing I think that bothered me is that there is no jeopardy (no, not Jeopardy - although there’s none of that either) - I just didn’t care what happened to the characters.

None of the basketball was even very interesting.

There were really only 2 funny parts I remember - when he whispers “buckets” which is in the trailer, and the anger issues part at the end.

More n-words than I was expecting for something on Disney too.

If you’re on the fence definitely don’t bother. It’s not worth the time.

Just finished watching the last action hero in 4K and that movie was awesome. I know it didn’t do well at the box office but the nostalgia of that era of movie and for it to essentially make fun of an entire genre was amazing

How long are we going to have to tolerate Jack Harlow for? His newest album wasn’t good, his movies (why) aren’t good.

Back
Top Bottom