Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

87BBB723-D4BB-4379-8E70-F801BD01DE20.jpeg

How bout the gentle-faced beauties, as in the most beautiful with seemingly the least amount of work:

Natalie Portman
Emma Watson
Zendaya
Anne Hathaway
Halle Berry

Two old ones: Ingrid Bergman and Grace Kelly
I dont know what you meant by least amount of work but gentle face, this lady has my heart.

Attachments

• space-age-love-song.png
    space-age-love-song.png
    690.3 KB · Views: 253
This movie is always going to be tough to compare it because I have no idea what it was supposed to be before Paul died. So I'm not going to be too critical on it just because they might have switched up the story. Re-edited done this done that so it's tough to call it

Bringing back Sean was a good call

Mr. Nobody is interesting as we've seen. I can kind of just be like a all-knowing higher power who can do it whatever he feels like it. Introduce whatever he feels like. I will say adding in the God's eye Ramsey all of that stuff. Just it's just one more thing that adds to this series and again as I watch them back to back to back it all kind of blunts together and she's like oh brother

The guys chasing after Ramsey just I don't know this never did it for me in this movie. It was just too many bad guys. Too bad guys plus Mr. Nobody plus this. It's just they start adding more and more and more and more

The Abu Dhabi stuff was cool. Obviously the flying car bit was insane. Actually like that one a lot and made sense

The mr nobody fight scene is pretty cool but doesn't make any sense

The drone fighting and all of that actually kind of like this one

The ridge fight in the parking garage. The rock stolen ambulance

Overall, I think it's tough to rate this movie just because you don't know what it was originally supposed to be what it was supposed to look like. All cuz of Paul Walker's untimely death. I think it does some good things. I don't really like the bad guy chasing Ramsey plot point. I do kind of like how state them just felt like the Boogeyman and he just showed up randomly and was just like surprised. I'm here to kick ***. This one is probably a 72/100 for furious 7

Charlize is a good addition because she's a strong actor, but it is another "all powerful villain knows everything" whether it's gods eye, expert hacker, whatever. I do appreciate them switching things up and making Dom the enemy,

Mr Nobody and Scott Eastwood, I think they wanted to make him the new Brian, but he wasn't anything enough. He was too much of a stiff, but that was kind of the point. I wasn't totally against the idea.

The prison stuff with Hobbs was great, especially the two very distinct styles from Hobbs and Shaw

I also thought, while it was never going to happen, that the Cipher stuff was done well, trying to appeal to Dom's desire to be lawless and free

Bringing in Shaw to the team.. and I'm pretty sure The Rock has to say "sommbitch" in every movie

Ramsey and Tej being super genius cyber hackers together is so dumb

free Elena

Going to NY was cool. Then bringing in HELEN FREAKING MIREN IS AMAZING

Underrated part of the movies (which sounds silly since it's about cars) is which movie has the best cacrs. This one is pretty good. I also love that they retconned Shaw and now he's a hero

The new york chase scene with Dom getting to the russian or something and then all the auto driving cars
I forgot they did a Shaw fake death

IT WAS ME DOM IT WAS ME ALL ALONG... dumb. Not everything needs to be connected

Russian military base time.. hacking and fighting, fighting and hacking,

The ice chase was awesome

Tego and Santos back yes sir

The fight scene with Statham on the plane with the baby was amazing. It's played for just enough laughs but also done well

all of them on at the same time using their cars to protect Dom. KEEP FAMILY SAFE CARS ARE FAMILY SAFE FAMILY CARS

IT MAKE NO SENSE TO NAME THE KID BRIAN... BRIAN IS STILL ALIVE. Name him Paul or something. Shenanigans

Fate of the Furious is better than I remember. I think it's too much hacking/we're super geniuses, I don't like that Cipher was "behind it all along" that's silly. Not EVERYTHING has to connect. I think these all get better with age, not unlike a fine wine.. I'd give this one 75/100

I haven’t finished my first-ever watch of Pearl Harbor, can’t even watch it once. 4x a week is crazy I think Affleck would even tell him to stop doing that.

Oh man. this is the most family family movie of all family movies

I think this movie is a good example of just going one. Too many levels. Deep with secret government agencies secret bad guys. This that the other and it's just a certain point you can tapped out and the movies always been ridiculous and they certainly up the shenanigans recently but something about them being self-aware rings weird to me and Tyrese commenting that he is a superhero is funny but also like breaking the fourth wall a little bit

I think it's definitely too much of a good thing we liked bringing back the original cast. We like an Easter egg here and there and then it's like oh you like dessert. Here's all the goddamn dessert you can handle

I also love this godfather 2 storytelling they're doing with Dom and seeing his backstory in prison and becoming a street king

So I flip flop on house self-aware. This movie needs to be but I do like cipher telling Cena. I know the Toretto bloodline is mixed but I didn't think they would have such a Nordic chin like lmao. You look nothing like your brother

It's been a long, long, hard healthy years for bow. Wow. But I am happy to see Sean again. He's grown on me a lot

Oh man, this is where this movie really loses me. Cardi B. The back story of Han coming back the Dom family drama with all this other crap I don't know man Just when I think this movie is hitting Rock bottom, it totally redeemed itself when the rock becomes Superman and just starts throwing people like he's the incredible Hulk and then he dies and goes to ******* car heaven or something

And this whole I don't know. I could have been fine with bringing back on whatever the hell is with. Like protecting this young girl and mr nobody and it's just it's just one more thing every time there's always one more thing

I think this movie is a lot of interesting stuff in it. The magnets are fun thing to play with. Going to outer space is a lot of fun. I do kind of like how they split up the team so we got Letty and Mia pair together but really just I think the movie can handle one thing each. It can handle a new bad guy with a new bad organization or can handle a new surprise twist. It can't handle bringing back someone from the dead. Another bad guy. A repeat bad guy. A bad guy brother who then turns good. It's just one too many things. It's like five too many things

Holy crap I forgot the Tokyo crew reunited with Han

Santos back

Them going to space? I actually kind of really liked. I think this final chasing big scene was okay. The magnets were cool touch but overall this movie suffers from too many bad guys. Not a good one just it was all over the place

Then just looks like he's CGI in this movie like he doesn't look like he's a real human being

This movie has some interesting pieces, but it is definitely in the territory of let's just see what new shenanigans the team can do. I think the story was bad overly convoluted and even the set pieces. While there are some good ones, it's just getting to be a lot where you almost want something a little simpler as silly as that sounds. But like each giant action, sequence has like nine other things happening within it and it's just nauseating sometimes. I think they did one too many things for each element of the story. You didn't need the brother and Han and cipher and whatever the hell this new thing is and cardi B and this it's just one too many things and when thinking about memorable scenes in this, none of them are really too memorable for good reasons So this might be one of the worst ones to me. And honestly Tom going through his life like the ghost of Christmas past and seeing all these things that he had no way of seeing but seeing them from another person's point of view was just mind-boggling 52 out of 100. The worst of the franchise

calibeebee calibeebee I want you to understand that Big J did what you were supposed to do, and he's seen those movies multiple times already. :smh:

You have failed us.

It’s been a STRUGGLE! I thought I was gonna have more fun than I’ve had with 1-3. NBA playoffs, fishing season, better call Saul final season streaming, Welcome to Wrexham, all sorts of movies streaming super early…..

FAST is at the very bottom of the list, but I haven’t abandoned them completely :lol:

Fast X is incredible.

Momoa may be the best villain this franchise has had. He's like if the Joker existed in this universe. He is also acting his *** off and having the time of his life.

Long story short, this might be the best fast movie since the sixth one. And honestly, I think it's possible one of the best. The action is good. Just the right level of over the topness. I like the way they split the teams up. It doesn't make the mistake of f9 where it points out the absurdity too much. It feels real. It's hard to describe maybe the prisoner of the moment, but considering I have watched all 10 movies within the last week and in the last two and a half days I watched six of them. I feel pretty well versed to discuss

If you're a fan of the franchise, you should love this one. And honestly if you just want a good summer movie? You'll like this one too. I feel like the last couple of movies was Vin Diesel really sniffing his own farts and trying to make him the emotional centerpiece of this franchise and that was just boring. But I really can't stress how great Jason Momoa was. I also completely forgot it was part one and when it ended I was like wait what the hell one guy next to me screamed out what the ****.

Fast X is incredible.

Momoa may be the best villain this franchise has had. He's like if the Joker existed in this universe. He is also acting his *** off and having the time of his life.

Long story short, this might be the best fast movie since the sixth one. And honestly, I think it's possible one of the best. The action is good. Just the right level of over the topness. I like the way they split the teams up. It doesn't make the mistake of f9 where it points out the absurdity too much. It feels real. It's hard to describe maybe the prisoner of the moment, but considering I have watched all 10 movies within the last week and in the last two and a half days I watched six of them. I feel pretty well versed to discuss

If you're a fan of the franchise, you should love this one. And honestly if you just want a good summer movie? You'll like this one too. I feel like the last couple of movies was Vin Diesel really sniffing his own farts and trying to make him the emotional centerpiece of this franchise and that was just boring. But I really can't stress how great Jason Momoa was. I also completely forgot it was part one and when it ended I was like wait what the hell one guy next to me screamed out what the ****.
No spoilers but it does feature a couple of issues that I think have plagued this franchise for the last few movies but that's just kind of what it is now. So accept it or don't but I think those will be my biggest complaints

Watching some of Super Mario Bros before the game. It's much more kid stupid than I thought it would be from how folks acted. Fun enough though.

I was in when I saw Claire and Zazie.

I was all the way IN when I saw Steven Soderbergh.

I love how he's been experimenting when he makes movies and still tells a really good story with compelling characters.

Writers want residuals, can anyone come up with an idea of how that could potentially work?

For example, Seinfeld plays on Comedy Central every afternoon almost. Anybody in those episodes gets a small paycheck anytime an episode they’re in airs on live television.

But with so many shows on Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, Max (now), Peacock, Paramount+… none of those get played elsewhere, for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom