Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

To my knowledge, the streaming residuals are so small because during the last deal streaming wasn't as much of a focus. So because streaming is now that a factor way to watch for many people, they just want a higher percentage cut

The Jillian Bell v. Jonah Hill fight scene at the end of 22 Jump Street is quite something.

Reactions: sb
Wedding Crashers Rachel McAdams
mqdefault.jpg

Knocked out The Wrestler after the Nuggets game. I liked it minus the daughter stuff.
Really? I enjoyed the daughter storyline. Helped flesh out why Mickey Rourke's character was trying to prove that he was who he wanted to be. Wanted to be an actual human with the only person he thought could see him as more than a piece of meat. But he ****s up. So he ended up making the same mistakes and paying for it. Tragedy.

Still my favorite Aronofsky film.

Did you enjoy it more than it was sad? I haven’t seen it, but I’ve heard that’s the juggle in the movie.
Yeah it was cool to be introduced and see “behind the scenes” of a world I’m not privy to. That kind of sucked me in cause I love watching people that take their craft serious and those first two matches what my interest.

It’s sad but in a depressing way. Like dude has to do this cause he doesn’t know anything else and it’s the only way he gets attention/respect from people. And you see him realize this at various points in the movie when he interacts with others or when the camera pans around the scene (particularly in the wrestler meet & greet scene)

Really? I enjoyed the daughter storyline. Helped flesh out why Mickey Rourke's character was trying to prove that he was who he wanted to be. Wanted to be an actual human with the only person he thought could see him as more than a piece of meat. But he ****s up. So he ended up making the same mistakes and paying for it. Tragedy.

Still my favorite Aronofsky film.
I know the reason why she was in it but it just didn’t work for me. I bought the Pam storyline with but the scenes with his daughter didn’t feel as genuine. He only tried to reconnect with her cause Pam suggested it. He didn’t know anything about her and after gifting her a ****** bomber jacket and a pea coat he’s back in her good graces. Their relationship felted rushed to me and less fleshed out than Ram & Pam’s relationship.

Lowkey my favorite non-wrestling scenes were the grocery store stuff. His s***** manager, Aronofsky having him entering the deli to cheers like he would for a wrestling show, the successful & unsuccessful days working the deli were all *chef’s kiss*

Last edited:
To my knowledge, the streaming residuals are so small because during the last deal streaming wasn't as much of a focus. So because streaming is now that a factor way to watch for many people, they just want a higher percentage cut

Correct, This is what they are striking for. Well specifically for the studio execs to either put more pressure on streaming companies or to pay the writers more fairly if those company’s aren’t giving them a cut based on streaming performance. It’s the streaming companies that are hiding streaming information. They guard that info with their lives. Like Netflix refusing to give info about viewership numbers, or the viewing demographic info. It’s not like they have to report box office numbers/physical ticket sales.

I sense that some of these films are streaming faster so execs can make the most before anything changes. Get the MASSIVELY successful top gun out there while it’s still operating under the last collective bargaining agreement, and writers are getting a smaller piece of the pie.

So for that reason they are getting away with paying writers either nothing, or fractions of a fraction of Pennie’s on the dollar.

This might mean having to pay writers more for the actual work they are doing rather than basing it off the success of the product. So bigger writing rooms and fees associated with those rooms. More contract based work instead of freelance script hunting.

IMG_1083.jpeg

RIP Jim Brown (and Isaac Hayes) aka Hammer and Slammer.

Edit* - read in article today - and I didn't try to fact check this - that in addition to all his other accolades/accomplishments, Jim Brown was involved in the first interracial love scene in American film history. With Raquel Welch :nerd:

Last edited:
That Killers of the Flower Moon trailer looks good but I am already annoyed by Leo’s unnatural accent, he’s not good at it from what I just listened to :lol:

noskey noskey I don’t think Devil in the White City is ever going to happen (at least with this team), there’s been so many delays, the latest being Leo/Scorcese exec producing with Keanu starring but Keanu dropped out, and that’s like the fifth time it’s hit a snag.

Back
Top Bottom