Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

7F3EBDE8-7566-42ED-9EEE-A36CD0FFAF1E.jpeg

No way. That was high level comedy - the set up and punchline delivery was flawless. :smile: Their loss they didn’t get it.
If you had actors sitting there who actually got the joke, they probably would have been cracking up lol

So I was watching Rocky 1-4 in 4K on my 4K player and as a boxing fan I can say without hesitation that Rocky is a HORRIBLE fighter. No head movement or lateral movement (except after he got trained by Apollo) no defense and slow hand and foot speed. If a pro fought like him they would die in the ring. I will also say that his trainer was a bum and Paulie is a loser and a bigot. Drago is a certified drug cheat and Rocky himself is a cautionary tale of what happens when you have poor money management skills. He was broke after Rocky 1 and seemed to learn nothing.

Been a while since I’ve seen the Rocky Films. As far as I can remember, the screenplay was what really stood out to me. Sylvester Stallone is a good writer. That’s why although I liked Creed, I felt the magic of Sylvester’s writing to be missing.

So I was watching Rocky 1-4 in 4K on my 4K player and as a boxing fan I can say without hesitation that Rocky is a HORRIBLE fighter. No head movement or lateral movement (except after he got trained by Apollo) no defense and slow hand and foot speed. If a pro fought like him they would die in the ring. I will also say that his trainer was a bum and Paulie is a loser and a bigot. Drago is a certified drug cheat and Rocky himself is a cautionary tale of what happens when you have poor money management skills. He was broke after Rocky 1 and seemed to learn nothing.
true enough. although it's not a true story to begin with. it's an underdog story. I believe that the main thing about the series is that Rocky is not a skilled boxer but has a punching power and stamina that no other fighter has. Rocky 1 pretty much says that Rocky won by luck as stated by this scene in Rocky 2......

He should have had severe head trauma after his first fight. Dude takes head shots like it's nothing :lol:

Jennifer Aniston in Horrible Bosses.. maaan I thought she was well past her prime before watching that but she was looking bad af in that. Don't know how Charlie Day restrained himself lol.

Also still so funny that the Thread Gallery still shows photos there even if spoilered.

He should have had severe head trauma after his first fight. Dude takes head shots like it's nothing :lol:
That's the crazy part. Rocky was getting absolutely worked in his other fights pre Apollo in Rocky 1 and was 30 in the first film. The eye swelling after Apollo 1 legit looked like raisins were coming out of his eyes. Even when he was fighting "bums” pre Clubber he was taking a ton of damage. Then he doesn’t have any effects until he almost dies to a drug cheat in Drago

Jennifer Aniston in Horrible Bosses.. maaan I thought she was well past her prime before watching that but she was looking bad af in that. Don't know how Charlie Day restrained himself lol.
Agreed. I don’t know if was her hair or her feisty behavior or both lol

Back
Top Bottom