Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

calibeebee calibeebee I know you know your movies and this is likely something you already knew, but just in case you didn’t know:

George Lucas had a cameo in Revenge of the Sith! (as Baron Papanoida)

1685410158951.jpeg

This is the first time I’ve ever heard about it!! Very cool! You know I love that kinda stuff :pimp:

Yea I can't go with that. 7 is incomplete. (Not their fault of course :frown: ) Its great for what they did and how they paid tribute, but it's not better than X.
And OG deserves the credit for its start, it's not a better film. I mean, they were highjacking TV/DVD combos :lol:

In terms of overall film, villain, story, cast etc, 6, 5, X.

If you usin nostalgia and emotion based off Paul, then you can use 1 and 7.

Yea I can't go with that. 7 is incomplete. (Not their fault of course :frown: ) Its great for what they did and how they paid tribute, but it's not better than X.
And OG deserves the credit for its start, it's not a better film. I mean, they were highjacking TV/DVD combos :lol:

In terms of overall film, villain, story, cast etc, 6, 5, X.

If you usin nostalgia and emotion based off Paul, then you can use 1 and 7.
1 is dated, but a more cohesive movie. 7 was just better (God's Eye plot was whatever).

X (and everything after 7) just too over the top and congested. But I still watch them all opening night. :lol:

My official tiers

S Tier
Fast Five
- Reshaped the franchise, brought the whole team together for the first time, great set pieces, added enough new life with the Rock and Elsa, strong story start to finish. Weakness is the villain but the Rock plays the bad guy for half the movie so that's enough. And honestly, lacking Letty is an improvement as the Dom and Letty love story is one of the worst elements of this entire franchise.

A Tier
Fast and Furious 6
- Great villain, great action sequences, hand to hand fighting, new environments, but not as fun as Fast Five and the Dom/Letty stuff is dumb
Fast X
-
some of the best action set pieces in the whole franchise, enough humor and silliness without being too meta (looking at you F9), Momoa is the most fun villain while also being menacing and scary, far better than it deserved to be
The Fast and the Furious
- The OG gets the nod in the 2nd tier not just because of what it started, but it's a simple start that works. Great cars, inside jokes, dumb humor, all about the racing, it deserves a spot in the 2nd tier

B Tier
Furious 7
-
Better than it should have been considering Paul's death and having to rework large parts of the movie no doubt. But if they didn't nail the ending, I don't think it would be as high on people's list. It absolutely nailed it, but be honest, so much of the rest of the movie is fine. Statham is good and scary, yes, but the Rock is gone for most of the movie, the whole Jakande and God's Eye and Ramsey thing was dumb, the skyscraper jump was cool but bonkers bad with CGI so who cares. I think they did their very best with what they had and absolutely nailed the ending, but the rest of the movie is subpar
Fate of the Furious
- A breath of fresh air, switched up the players with Dom being bad, Cipher was cool, a secret baby was silly, bringing in the Shaw's are the good guys now takes the "bad guys are secret good guys" to another level which plagues the franchise in future movies, but the set pieces were awesome and dumb, the Rock being with the team, but it holds up better on rewatches, especially after how bad F9 was

C Tier
The Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift
- a great snapshot of the mid 2000s, great cars and driving, a surprisingly good story, poorly acted and no other connection to the franchise and characters except for the end and Han, but in retrospect it's got it's merits

D Tier
2 Fast 2 Furious
- not much to like about this in terms of a fast movie... it's got weak action and a bad plot but Paul Walker crip walkin through Miami and Tyrese gives is some value.. plus Eva Mendes

Hell Tier
Fast and Furious
- Just doesn't do much good. Braga is fine, but weak action, weak story, and just not fun or featuring many redeeming qualities. I don't see why I would want to ever rewatch this besides a full franchise rewatch.
F9
- Woof. I was fearful this is where the franchise was going and Fast X saved it. Secret brother is dumb. Dom literally being Jesus is dumb. the Godfather 2 story flashbacks were great though, but there's just way too much in this movie. Cardi B, Han's backstory, Mr Nobody, Roman being invincible, going into space.. some cool moments with the Tokyo guys and magnets, but yeah, this one is a bloated, over the top mess.

Bronson Bronson

The year is 1999. Most people were flocking to see Phantom Menace. But this forgotten gem did it better. Have you seen it?

FAE101CA-A60B-4FBE-8F01-EE6F7288A006.jpeg

freddie black freddie black

M Mathew weise

fan of the game. yeah I watched it. too bad they didn't make a sequel for it. movie and game had lots of potential. in comparison between the starfighters between the Phantom Menace and Wing Commander, the ones of the Phantom Menace looked like it was drawn by grade schoolers who barely learned to draw.

Bronson Bronson

The year is 1999. Most people were flocking to see Phantom Menace. But this forgotten gem did it better. Have you seen it?

FAE101CA-A60B-4FBE-8F01-EE6F7288A006.jpeg

freddie black freddie black

M Mathew weise

I have not seen it! Lots of familiar faces in there. We’ve got alumni from Titanic, Scream, Deep Blue sea, and Perfect Murder. I’m so glad you brought up that year, because I feel like it has so much to offer movie-wise. I need to accept that 1999 has SO MUCH more to offer than just The Phantom Menace. :lol:

Even the really good ones that don’t get enough credit like: “Go”

I honestly want to watch as many movies from that year as possible. It’s like my dream to do that. :lol:

I know the amount of movies you’ve seen from that year is probably very impressive.

Your “watched” list is legendary 🔥

Speaking of 1999. And MOVIES.

This music video came out that year. Maybe the start of my film appreciation? Banger of a song too. But great music video.

I still can’t believe what a great job Alien Ant Farm did with “Smooth Criminal.” I mean, it’s a Michael freaking Jackson song. You would think it would be nearly impossible to do it justice, but somehow they managed. Especially since the Michael Jackson Smooth Criminal music video is one of the greatest of all time.

Also, please forgive me because I know you mentioned that you hate Pop music, but this song is guilty pleasure as hell for me. I can’t help but feel good when I listen to it. :lol:

From the “Go” Soundtrack (1999)

I have not seen it! Lots of familiar faces in there. We’ve got alumni from Titanic, Scream, Deep Blue sea, and Perfect Murder. I’m so glad you brought up that year, because I feel like it has so much to offer movie-wise. I need to accept that 1999 has SO MUCH more to offer than just The Phantom Menace. :lol:

Even the really good ones that don’t get enough credit like: “Go”

I honestly want to watch as many movies from that year as possible. It’s like my dream to do that. :lol:

I know the amount of movies you’ve seen from that year is probably very impressive.

Your “watched” list is legendary 🔥
The Mummy, The Matrix, The Green Mile, Austin Powers (TSWSM), 6th Sense, Blast from the Past, Deep Blue Sea, Galaxy Quest, American Pie, The Bone Collector, Mystery Men, etc....

pretty solid year.

I'm not in a rush to see Barbie. Based on the previews I've seen, I think its a solid concept, but don't see myself being that entertained by the movie. I'll give it watch when it hits streaming thoughh on the strength of the cast and Gerwig's prior work as a director.

Also, please forgive me because I know you mentioned that you hate Pop music, but this song is guilty pleasure as hell for me. I can’t help but feel good when I listen to it. :lol:

From the “Go” Soundtrack (1999)

Another song that's in my music library, but I don't think it was because of "Go". IIRC, the song got a lot of radio airplay in the LA area and that's how I became aware of it.

Another song that's in my music library, but I don't think it was because of "Go". IIRC, the song got a lot of radio airplay in the LA area and that's how I became aware of it.

This song was huge on the radio in the bay too. Or whatever radio my cousin used to listen too, she was all in on 90s pop :lol:

Back
Top Bottom