Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Ok, why are we excited for... Barbie? What is the appeal? I read someone say director. I'm not familiar but ok, I get that.

I get Margot.

Director & lead actress? That's what we're all excited about?

Ok, why are we excited for... Barbie? What is the appeal. I read someone say director. I'm not familiar but ok, I get that.

I get Margot.

Director & lead actress? That's what we're all excited about?

It looks like it’s not taking itself seriously and has potential to be funny and entertaining. And yeah Gosling :lol:

So the vibe right now is Barbie & You Steal My Sunshine.

🎵 I WAS LYING ON THE GRASS ON SUNDAY MORNING OF LAST WEEK 🎤🎵

1685490497009.jpeg

Ryan Gosling. Catch up, ska.
And yeah Gosling :lol:
Off the top of my head, the only thing I think I know Ryan Gosling from immediately is The Notebook. I'm going to do a quick search and see if i've ever given you guys my rant on just exactly how trash that movie is.

Citing Ryan Noah Gosling as a MAIN reason to watch a movie is falling on me the same as if you were to tell me The Rock missed an Oscar for San Andreas.

It looks like it’s not taking itself seriously and has potential to be funny and entertaining.
I think I major hang up for me is that not only have I not heard what the plot will be, I can't even IMAGINE what the plot would be. I think the only movie I know of that I absolutely love and also doesn't take itself too seriously happens to be my 2nd favorite comedy of all time: Scott Pilgrim. The plot of that movie, honestly, 'boy meets girl, feels inadequate and intimidated,' that's a story as old as time. Love it, and it didn't take itself too seriously. I just don't see what the story can be for Barbie. Similar to Toy Story? Toys coming to life but not around the owners? Or similar to Cars where the owners of the toys don't exist at all? Will she just *poof* have a Corvette and a mansion with a huge pool?

I need it sold to me, and a of right now, hard pass. 🤣 Like I'd catch it on streaming. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Off the top of my head, the only thing I think I know Ryan Gosling from immediately is The Notebook. I'm going to do a quick search and see if i've ever given you guys my rant on just exactly how trash that movie is.

Citing Ryan Noah Gosling as a MAIN reason to watch a movie is falling on me the same as if you were to tell me The Rock missed an Oscar for San Andreas.
Fracture
Half Nelson
Blue Valentine
Crazy, Stupid Love
Drive
Ides of March
The Place Beyond the Pines
The Nice Guys
La La Land

If Half Nelson is still free on YouTube I highly suggest you check it out.

Lars and the Real Girl.

And of course, Remember the Titans

And and Blade Runner 2049 - (can’t believe I forgot this one initially).

Yeah, Gosling generally picks good projects.
Contemplated listed Lars and Blade Runner 2049, but those movies are probably more divisive than the ones listed.

Ryan Gosling had a pathway to being one of the Top-5 box office draws when Drive (2011) came out. He was doing a lot of independent stuff but that was a catapult.

To be honest this blonde, white dude still getting parts like co-starring in Barbie in 2023 is undeserving based on his performances since Drive. Basically just La La Land is considered a sensation.

*Sigh*

Watch immediately:

Fracture
Drive
Crazy Stupid Love

Back
Top Bottom