Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

adding the fact that Rose is a thief.

The toxic QUEEN. Bangs some underage immigrant in the back of a car after knowing him for like 6 hours, while being engaged. And doesn’t she say she only tried to marry the rich guy because her and her mom needed money? Wholesome.

Is responsible for stealing a priceless gem. Keeping its whereabouts secret for like 70 years. Then throws it back into the ocean after all that.

Jeweler who created the once in a lifetime priceless piece:
1A77A2B0-5547-4495-949F-E54F820D9A13.jpeg

Watched like 3 Transformers back2back last night(1 is still my fav). Man! michael bay prolly blew up lil critters for fun growing up.
Dude would make a decent arsonist.

Donny wasn't moving fast enough for him to get a title shot so he sabotaged their Drago plans and put himself in position to get the title shot which is realistically unlikely but for the sake of time and the plot they went with it.

The suspended belief of this part :lol:

That whole premise to get him that title shot was nuts lmao

Yeah, they made it seem like in that world there are no title contenders :lol:

Plenty guys with 3 or 4 losses would've jumped at that chance even with the short time to prepare. Not just give it to this old bum Dame.

Last edited:
I still need to catch Creed III. The first 2 both had some unrealistic **** you had to get past and just accept to enjoy but I did like them :lol:

Yeah, they made it seem like in that world there are no title contenders :lol:

Plenty guys with 3 or 4 losses would've jumped at that chance even with the short time to prepare. Not just give it to this old bum Dame.
I get it's a movie but still think they should have had Dame as a decent pro with at least handful of fights, then goes to jail for a long stint and then gets out to get that shot. Guess I'm too big of a combat sports fan but yea a guy who gave the champ hell in sparring is really getting to fight for a title with 0 name value.

I get it's a movie but still think they should have had Dame as a decent pro with at least handful of fights, then goes to jail for a long stint and then gets out to get that shot. Guess I'm too big of a combat sports fan but yea a guy who gave the champ hell in sparring is really getting to fight for a title with 0 name value.
They couldve done that but then the brotherly bond with Donny is a stretch unkess you age them up for the flashbacks and explain why Donny didn't get in to professional boxing much younger

The toxic QUEEN. Bangs some underage immigrant in the back of a car after knowing him for like 6 hours, while being engaged. And doesn’t she say she only tried to marry the rich guy because her and her mom needed money? Wholesome.

Is responsible for stealing a priceless gem. Keeping its whereabouts secret for like 70 years. Then throws it back into the ocean after all that.

Jeweler who created the once in a lifetime priceless piece:
1A77A2B0-5547-4495-949F-E54F820D9A13.jpeg
How was Rose a thief!? Cal specifically got it for her. He gave it to her early, and she accepted it. At that moment, it became hers.

Her marrying a rich guy in her late teens was hardly uncommon in the early 1900s. It was essentially arranged. As she said, she was doing it to be unselfish so her mom and family could keep their status. Then as they’re heading back to the states on the Titanic, for a wedding “that all of Philadelphia society” would be at, she found actual love and realized how much more valuable that was than anything. Again, she’s 16 in the movie. It’s not like she should’ve had a lot of agency, and that was the first time in her life she did.

The Rose slander I hear around the internetz is ridiculous.

You don’t commit your vows until you’re actually married. That’s why they say, “Is there anyone in attendance that has objections to the marriage?”. The only legitimate slander was her dropping the diamond into the ocean, because her family would’ve had generational wealth had she gave it to them.

But again, it’s her choice, because it’s her necklace. She associated it with Jack, Jack’s painting, and The Titanic, and she left it there.

It was never laid out, my guess is like 30. He took over the Pittsburgh steel tycoon business from his father after his father died, so I’m guessing he entered importance pretty young.

How was Rose a thief!? Cal specifically got it for her. He gave it to her early, and she accepted it. At that moment, it became hers.

Her marrying a rich guy in her late teens was hardly uncommon in the early 1900s. It was essentially arranged. As she said, she was doing it to be unselfish so her mom and family could keep their status. Then as they’re heading back to the states on the Titanic, for a wedding “that all of Philadelphia society” would be at, she found actual love and realized how much more valuable that was than anything. Again, she’s 16 in the movie. It’s not like she should’ve had a lot of agency, and that was the first time in her life she did.

The Rose slander I hear around the internetz is ridiculous.
Nah, she's a thief. the jewelry was an advanced wedding gift from Cal. so with her breaking it with Cal didn't justify her to steal it away with Jackie boy. you can't use another man's investment to have it invested to someone else. you say that Rose the thief found actual love and it is more valuable than anything else, yet she chose to keep it. justifying her keeping it because Cal gave it to her out of Cal's generosity? it's either she's a thief or a simpleton, you choose. either way, it's bad.

So Rose was 16, how old was Cal supposed to be?
people of that era marry really young. some get married even around 14/15. I can understand since the mortality of people back then was quite short and be lucky to be alive around over 40/50. also the fact that child-bearing was more likely a death sentence.

Nah, she's a thief. the jewelry was an advanced wedding gift from Cal. so with her breaking it with Cal didn't justify her to steal it away with Jackie boy. you can't use another man's investment to have it invested to someone else. you say that Rose the thief found actual love and it is more valuable than anything else, yet she chose to keep it.
BS. Cal PUT THE COAT with the Diamond in the pocket ON ROSE when they were at the lifeboats.

Back
Top Bottom