Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Cates is undefeated tho my god.
I love her so much. One of the most adorable smiles I’ve ever seen

il_fullxfull.3743048073_rlkl.jpg

I love her so much. One of the most adorable smiles I’ve ever seen

il_fullxfull.3743048073_rlkl.jpg
She and Danica McKellar seem to have a similar smile.

still that infamous red bikini suit made her a legend.

Attachments

• WTFSG_famous-bikinis-film_phoebe-cates-red-bikini-fast-times-ridgemont.jpg
    WTFSG_famous-bikinis-film_phoebe-cates-red-bikini-fast-times-ridgemont.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 34
“Mr. Ismay, I would prefer not to push the engines until they’ve been properly run in.”

“Of course I’m just a passenger, I leave it to your good offices to decide what’s best. But what a glorious end to your final crossing if we were to get into New York on Tuesday night and surprise them all. Make the morning papers? Retire with a bang, eh E.J?

1687885904368.gif

“I get bread from back home, I get fish from California. And you can always tell a great kitchen like ours because of the milk fed veal. That’s the secret. See, milk fed veal is pure white. Out here they got that pink veal. Slide over, honey. Now pink veal, you can pound that **** for two days, it’ll never ever get tender, you know what I mean?”

1687887585784.jpeg

If someone* told you they had never seen Dazed and Confused or Fast Times at Ridgemont High, you would say...

*just someone random

"Me either"
Not a big deal to me. Both movies were moderate box off successes in their time; not huge blockbusters. Each film has a fanbase today but we're not talking huge numbers of people.

Definitely not in the category of films to me that I would expect most people to have seen, like the Star Wars films, Titanic, etc.

I absolutely love fast times. It’s an 8/8 for me. I didn’t see it until 2020, I believe.

jrp44 jrp44 darthska darthska Fast Times is a lot of fun with good, likeable characters.

It’s just one of those feel-good movies, that most people can enjoy, like Ocean’s Eleven for example

It’s not one of those deep, complex movies like Inception

And as lawdog1 lawdog1 said, it’s not a huge phenomenon like Star Wars or Titanic

Despite all this, it’s still one of my favorite movies of all-time

It’s all a matter of opinion, of course

They have done studies, and I’m trying to remember the conclusion :lol:

Ismay’s delivery of his lines is one of my favorite parts of the movie. Look up what happened to the real guy and how he was hated in the years after the sinking.

I’ve said this before, but the decision toward the end of The Office’s run to make someone from the documentary team part of the show’s plot was so terrible. Just screamed “grasping at straws”.

Back
Top Bottom