Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

image0.jpg

That movie came out in 2009, it’s 2023, story happened before 2009 of course when the movie was, was there like a 15-year embargo on the executorship where he now can talk?

I found Blind Side cringe from the very beginning. Not surprised at all, and I hope he can sue everyone breathing that had to do with using him as a meal ticket.

When I was little this scene made me sob. One of my favorite scenes from a movie.

Heather:
Don't see me, Connor. [Heather hides her face.] Let me die in peace...where are we?

MacLeod:
We're in the Highlands. Where else? Darting down the mountainside, the sun is shining. It's not cold. You've got your sheepskins on...[MacLeod looks to see Heather dead in his arms, having peacefully passed] ...and the boots I made for you.

[We see Connor bury Heather later that day, and then leave Heather's grave-marker.]

IMG_1980.gif

Holy hell, Kim's going to actually DO something?! 😳

I need to get caught up on AHS.

Maybe 'need' is the wrong word, actually.

Holy hell, Kim's going to actually DO something?! 😳

I need to get caught up on AHS.

Maybe 'need' is the wrong word, actually.
From the teaser I'm looking forward to AHS' return and always good to see Emma Roberts back. Kim K was ok on SNL so who knows maybe she'll surprise us with her acting this season.

Last season of AHS started decent but got worse towards ladder half. I did enjoy the first story of the double feature season though, the 2nd one with the aliens was meh though.

Knocked out Knock at the Cabin with the kiddo last night.
4/8

Here's the important parts of our post movie dialogue:

"I mean, ok. Like, it was a good movie. Just, so many questions still. How did we get here? Why did that have to happen? Why did ONLY those 4 start seeing the visions? Why THOSE 4? Why THAT family?"

"It was a well-told terrible story."

"Excellent pacing, excellent camera work, good character development. Just an incomplete story."

"It felt like part 2 of a trilogy, but we didn't get the 1st movie, and now I can't wait for the 3rd movie to see how the story wraps up. That felt like I just jumped into Scorch Trials or Catching Fire and now I need to go back and watch Maze Runner or Hunger Games... but this doesn't have a 1st, and there isn't a 3rd. This was it."

"Yeah, I hate to say it, but this might be my least favorite M. Night movie. I loved Old & Happening, but this was... there was nothing special about it. The best thing about it was that we finally have a 2-dad story, but it was wasted on just a horrible plot."

Knocked out Knock at the Cabin with the kiddo last night.
4/8

Here's the important parts of our post movie dialogue:

"I mean, ok. Like, it was a good movie. Just, so many questions still. How did we get here? Why did that have to happen? Why that family? Why did just those 4 start seeing the visions?"

"It seemed like an incomplete story."

"It was a well-told terrible story."

"Excellent pacing, excellent camera work, good character development. Just an incomplete story."

"It felt like part 2 of a trilogy, but we didn't get the 1st movie, and now I can't wait for the story to wrap up in the 3rd movie. That felt like I just jumped into Scorch Trials or Catching Fire and now I need to go back and watch Maze Runner or Hunger Games... but this doesn't have a 1st, and there isn't a 3rd. This was it."

"Yeah, I hate to say it, but this might be my least favorite M. Night movie. I loved Old & Happening, but this was... there was nothing special about it. The best thing about it was that we finally have a 2-dad story, but it was wasted on just a horrible plot."
Have you seen Lady in the Water (2006)? I really wanted to like that one. I was well aware of how poorly received that film was going in. Saw the trailer. Said “this could be good.” “It has potential” “M. Night CAN crush it when he’s in the groove”

Turns out, I absolutely loathed it. Nothing will take away from M Night’s contributions to film. He gave us some good stuff. Sixth Sense was absolutely legendary.

But Lady in the Water was, quite simply, not a good film

Have you seen Lady in the Water (2006)? I really wanted to like that one. I was well aware of how poorly received that film was going in. Saw the trailer. Said “this could be good.” “It has potential” “M. Night CAN crush it when he’s in the groove”

Turns out, I absolutely loathed it. Nothing will take away from M Night’s contributions to film. He gave us some good stuff. Sixth Sense was absolutely legendary.

But Lady in the Water was, quite simply, not a good film
I consider myself an M. Night fan so I've definitely seen it.

20230815_130048.jpg

My reaction after watching:

Haven't watched it with my boy yet, but I've always had a feeling that as soon as we get to it, that will immediately descend to the bottom of his M. Night list. 😂😬

darthska darthska For sure! 💯:lol:

I remembered that you’re fascinated with M. Night’s work (I am too). So I had to ask. Thank you for your reply.

When you decide revisit it and introduce it to your boy, please let us know what he thinks!

I’ve been meaning to ask this about Oppenheimer,

During Rami Malek’s iconic scene at the end, was it ever explained how he knew exactly what he knew? You know what I mean, how did he acquire all of that information about who was behind it / who appointed the kangaroo court? Was it ever explained how he acquired all the details that were so specific?

During Rami Malek’s iconic scene at the end, was it ever explained how he knew exactly what he knew? You know what I mean, how did he acquire all of that information about who was behind it / who appointed the kangaroo court? Was it ever explained how he acquired all the details that were so specific?
No, but I think that might have been intentional since we were viewing the proceedings through Robert Downey Jr's perspective. We knew what he knew. Nothing else beyond that. So Rami coming in and dropping the mic was a surprise to him because of exactly that - "how did he know this?!"

Probably the closeness of some of these scientists, if not personally than definitely on a professional level, means word gets around fast. Not necessarily a proven hypothesis but these guys are smart, and they know who the snakes are.

No, but I think that might have been intentional since we were viewing the proceedings through Robert Downey Jr's perspective. We knew what he knew. Nothing else beyond that. So Rami coming in and dropping the mic was a surprise to him because of exactly that - "how did he know this?!"

Probably the closeness of some of these scientists, if not personally than definitely on a professional level, means word gets around fast. Not necessarily a proven hypothesis but these guys are smart, and they know who the snakes are.
I think Strauss being behind everything was pretty much an open secret amongst the scientific community at the time. Remember that Kitty had already figured it out too during the kangaroo court.

Strauss being revealed as the big bad villain was a movie flourish Nolan did for the Alden Elrenreich character who was the audience surrogate

Back
Top Bottom