Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I like the trailer... that said it reeks of desperation to put the avengers music and have flashbacks of RDJ and Evans lol

Disney spooked by the box office estimations being lower than Black Adam
they should have learned their lesson by now that they need better writers than rely of popular cast members that have nothing to do with the film. that's cheap.

Watching Secret Window, never got past the first 10 minutes because it was always too late.

The dog and now someone got a fire poker and his man goes back to a motel

Today...gonna start filling in some of the De Palma joints I've never seen

1699397915600.png

Movies Tarantino has called out as bad and criticized:

Stripes
Scrooged
Groundhog Day
Natural Born Killers
Matrix Reloaded
Matrix Revolutions
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me

I’ve heard him speak on a decent amount of movies I like and I just don’t see things the way he does. Like with There Will Be Blood he thought Paul Dano wasn’t impressive while I thought he held his own against one of the greatest performances of all time.

I’m with you on a million things but I’m with him on that one, I thought Dano from the beginning to end was something that many people would’ve been fortunate to do and could do.

The only scene in There Will Be Blood I thought he exceeded what another could do, was when he was dressing down DDL about abandoning his boy in front of the congregation. Everything else, I didn’t think was special to him specifically.

Since he's a super famous director, Tarantino is not allowed to have an opinion on movies. If anyone asks him about a movie, his scripted and almost automatic response should be "It's a great movie and I encourage everyone to see it." It seems that he doesn't realize that him not liking a movie means that no one is allowed to like that movie.

Yes he is.
No he shouldn't.
No it doesn't.

Paul Dano is amazing in The Girl Next Door, Prisoners, Love & Mercy, and The Fabelmans. Just don’t think him in There Will Be Blood is crazy special, but he’s great and There Will Be Blood is great.

I always watched Scrooged as a kid. Thought it was good.

Still haven’t seen once upon a time in hollywood but always hear how he disrespected Bruce Lee in it.

I watched Scrooged in the past year I liked it, his main thing with Bill Murray in all three of Stripes, Scrooged, and Groundhog Day, was that the character in each didn’t have redeemable qualities and didn’t have come-back protagonist elements (says the article from my OG post, with QT giving his reasoning).

Back
Top Bottom