Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Today, first time. I had seen the opening scene and the close quarters shuffle many times on tv growing up but never the whole movie.

1699133407125.jpeg

We watched that in my high school humanities class. That opening scene blew my mind. Wrote a 10 page paper on the storming of Normandy that semester.

Probably a top 3 movie for me.

Please do. I'm curious about that one.
I think it was just okay.
I just cannot take Smith serious. All I could see was his fit and I kept hearing “keeeeep my WIFE NAME, out your F’ing mouth”
Every time he made the holding back frustration and tears face I heard “keeeeep my WIFE NAMR, out your F’ing mouth”

The ending went about like I thought it would but I never bought in.
It’s unfortunate:

I watched Free State of Jones on a plane trip this week. It didn’t get great reviews but I thought it was good - taught me a few things about the south in the civil war and later years that I didn’t know. It did suffer a bit from a white savior trope but it was based on a true story.

My latest re-watch of The Office has lead me to conclude Kevin was the MVP of the final two seasons. Doesn’t get a lot of screen time, but he’s the most consistently funny when he does appear.

Good thing about EMANCIPATION is it’s APPLEtv and I’m now plugged back in there and they have some HEAT.
Speaking of Wil Smith, the movie he did with the Barbie chick, FOCUS……A24 has one on APPLE called SHARPER, it’s what FOCUS tried to be.

American Horror Story taking a break midseason? Never heard of that for them :lol: I’ve seen 2 episodes this season and definitely not going to catch up until I know it’s for sure coming back. Don’t need the Fugazi.

The Killer firmly in my top 5 (Fincher Films)

Must see on the big screen and a damn shame Netflix made this a limited release. This film felt like David Fincher’s take on Direct-To-DVD action movies in the best way possible.

IMG_1681.jpeg

Last edited:
Continuing this month’s theme and watching another WWII movie, U-571.

Also sparked the question. What are y’alls favorite movie for each war (told from any side)? War movies aren’t a genre I’m well-versed in so I’m hoping to change that.

Revolution War - The Patriot
Civil War - N/A
WWI - N/A
WWII - Inglorious Basterds
Korean War - N/A
Vietnam - Apocalypse Now
Iraq - N/A

Continuing this month’s theme and watching another WWII movie, U-571.

Also sparked the question. What are y’alls favorite movie for each war (told from any side)? War movies aren’t a genre I’m well-versed in so I’m hoping to change that.

Revolution War - The Patriot
Civil War - N/A
WWI - N/A
WWII - Inglorious Basterds
Korean War - N/A
Vietnam - Apocalypse Now
Iraq - N/A
Civil War: Glory

WW1 - 1917 (maybe? Haven't seen Lawrence of Arabia; this war is so under represented despite being such a seemingly vastly traumatic experience for anyone involved)

WW2 - Saving Private Ryan (probably helped shape my love of film; seeing this brutal and clear vision of WW2 at such a young age was eye opening)

Korean War - Tae Guk Gi (heartbreaking, my introduction to Korean films when I was in high school, rented from a video store on a whim)

Vietnam - Full Metal Jacket (was such a different take on war films vs what I had mostly seen growing up)

Iraq - The Hurt Locker (Jeremy Renner was ******* phenomenal)

Bonus, Cold War - Dr Strangelove (top 3 movie of mine)

I open the textbook and it started around WW2 and ended with a very brief paragraph about the World Trade Centers.

Maybe will watch when it's on Disney+ but really, probably not. Marvel is done for me, not just because of how good they ended it in 2019, but because of how bad it's been since then, other than Wanda Vision S1 and Loki S1.

Yeah I watched everything up to and including Endgame. When I realized they were trying to do that huge multiple phase build up again I played along for like 3 of the shows before calling it quits. I’ll still watch the movies but I usually just wait til they come to streaming instead of watching in the theater. A lot of my friends and acquaintances are still very deep in the MCU but I just can’t do it anymore

Maybe will watch when it's on Disney+ but really, probably not. Marvel is done for me, not just because of how good they ended it in 2019, but because of how bad it's been since then, other than Wanda Vision S1 and Loki S1.

I like the trailer... that said it reeks of desperation to put the avengers music and have flashbacks of RDJ and Evans lol

Disney spooked by the box office estimations being lower than Black Adam

Back
Top Bottom