Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Dune 2 being delayed until the end of March made me mad. It was the only movie zi was looking forward to this year.

Strange one for me, personally, as I am not a huge music person, and don't give a damn about Grammy's or any of that, but the Milli Vanilli doc on Paramount+ was fantastic.

I never really knew or understood the full story because I was like how could two nobodies come out, take the world by storm and nobody knows it was fake? Someone had to know, right, so why weren't THOSE PEOPLE hung out to dry????

Now I know why. Really good Doc. Glad I found the time. (Not really a Doc guy)

Strange one for me, personally, as I am not a huge music person, and don't give a damn about Grammy's or any of that, but the Milli Vanilli doc on Paramount+ was fantastic.

I never really knew or understood the full story because I was like how could two nobodies come out, take the world by storm and nobody knows it was fake? Someone had to know, right, so why weren't THOSE PEOPLE hung out to dry????

I don’t watch docs that much but that one I was considering watching, cause I know the story.

These dudes won a Grammy, and as you can see in this video, barely can utter the lyrics to their own song.

Under the Skin
4.5/8

First act was strong. Movie went form something I thought would be fun and ambitious to something I found to be a drag and pretentious.
A bunch of naked Scarlett J but that didn’t make up for it. I guess if you’re super into art house horror maybe it’s worth a watch but I didn’t really like this much after the first 30-45mins.
Cinematography and music were good throughout though.

“One of the three best Jason Schwartzman performances of the year” is an interesting thing to single out and I consider myself a fan of his. LOL.

The 2 matrix movies?

You should watch There Will Be Blood.
if I'm not mistaken, Tarantino liked the Matrix but maybe it was the first one. I guess one of the reasons that he didn't like about the other 2 follow-ups was that it was all over the place like a convoluted mess. there was too much going on in the follow-ups compared to the progression/tempo of the first movie.

I knew there was Mean Girls - The Musical and that they were turning it into a movie, but didn’t realize that meant a remake of the original with some songs thrown in.

Last edited:
if I'm not mistaken, Tarantino liked the Matrix but maybe it was the first one. I guess one of the reasons that he didn't like about the other 2 follow-ups was that it was all over the place like a convoluted mess. there was too much going on in the follow-ups compared to the progression/tempo of the first movie.
100%. The first Matrix is one of my favorite movies ever. It was brilliant, the story was tight, the CGI back then blew my ******* mind. The followups... disappointing is too light a word. Other than Monica Belluci, I have no reason to rewatch.

I’d be more likely to watch it if it debuted with a 4% rating:

IMG_1660.jpeg

That’s about the most indifferent score you can have for a movie that has a $270 million budget (fourth-highest in MCU history). As if things couldn’t get worse.

The new Mean Girls is basically just a remake for the new generation?? Hard pass from me and trailer looks cheesy as hell.

Watched Robinhood Prince of Thieves (Kevin Costner one lol) for the first time last night and while a good 30-45 mins too long it was mildly entertaining and I liked the fight scenes. Costner's accent going in and out did get distracting though. Solid performance by Freeman along with Slater and Rickman. Lot of unintentional comedy and having seeing Men in Tights and Princess Bride multiple times it was tough not to find many of the scenes really cheesy. I'd give it a 5/8.

Frank Farian was a sociopath.

Watched Robinhood Prince of Thieves (Kevin Costner one lol) for the first time last night and while a good 30-45 mins too long it was mildly entertaining and I liked the fight scenes. Costner's accent going in and out did get distracting though. Solid performance by Freeman along with Slater and Rickman. Lot of unintentional comedy and having seeing Men in Tights and Princess Bride multiple times it was tough not to find many of the scenes really cheesy. I'd give it a 5/8.

The witch scared TF outta me as a kid.

Groundhog Day and Natural Born Killers.

There Will Be Blood wasn't listed. I love that movie.
I must have been drunk cause I misread Twin Peaks... as There Will be Blood :lol: Anyways, no disagreement on those two opinions. I've watched each of those once and never felt like going back to them again ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back
Top Bottom