Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Might see this tomorrow.

IMG_2642.jpeg

American Fiction was awesome, definitely worth a watch.

Great acting performances, funny, and the social commentary was delivered well. I thought it was going to be a bit more absurd and meta than it was.. but it did a good job of blending the story with the more fantastical elements.

LOL

Richard Simmons Disavows Biopic Starring Pauly Shore, as Studio Promises to ‘Produce a Movie That Honors Him’​

Just hours after it was announced that Pauly Shore would play Richard Simmons in an upcoming biopic, the reclusive fitness guru has spoken out against the film.

“Hi Everybody! You may have heard they may be doing a movie about me with Pauly Shore. I have never given my permission for this movie. So don’t believe everything you read,” Simmons wrote on Facebook. “I no longer have a manager, and I no longer have a publicist. I just try to live a quiet life and be peaceful. Thank you for all your love and support.”

https://ew.com/thmb/LCw7dmVwTja4nOKwLD17XEfce28=/1500x0/filters:no_upscale():max_bytes(150000):strip_icc()/The-Court-Jester-011624-6-c7ff06a091d74a26b4899a3524bf2ff1.jpg

T-Mobile, Tuesdays had a $5 ticket for the beekeeper so I saw it in my local theater rather than AMC 30 minutes away. Not going to lie. It was real nice to only drive 4 minutes to the movies

I would describe it as a very good Netflix movie

It seemed to embrace the silliness of the movie, although I would argue the plot and the action were taken seriously. It was just the dialogue was very cheesy. There were so many bee puns I couldn't even begin to describe them

But the action was solid. Statham was channeling his inner John wick for sure, but it was worth a watch. I don't think you have to see it in theaters. I think you could wait for streaming but it was short and sweet

T-Mobile, Tuesdays had a $5 ticket for the beekeeper so I saw it in my local theater rather than AMC 30 minutes away. Not going to lie. It was real nice to only drive 4 minutes to the movies

It seemed to embrace the silliness of the movie, although I would argue the plot and the action were taken seriously. It was just the dialogue was very cheesy. There were so many bee puns I couldn't even begin to describe them

But the action was solid. Statham was channeling his inner John wick for sure, but it was worth a watch. I don't think you have to see it in theaters. I think you could wait for streaming but it was short and sweet
IMG_2652.gif

One of my favorite movie pods cinephobe recently did an episode on Tammy and the T-Rex and if you guys haven't seen it, it's actually worth a watch

Paul Walker gets murdered and has his brain put into an animatronic dinosaur and the mad scientist is the actor from weekend at Bernie's who played Bernie.

It also features a 23-year-old. Denise Richards

The Accountant
The Beekeeper
John Wick

I'm just waiting for

The Waiter
The Stockbroker
The Drummer

Government special ops. :pimp:

My dude walked up on a dozen man FBI swat unit, unarmed, and thrashed the **** out of them with their own weapons. :lol:

And the wasn't the most ridiculous attendance scene in the film. Brilliant.

He also had fewer lines than John Wick, or at least gotta be neck and neck.

The Accountant
The Beekeeper
John Wick

I'm just waiting for

The Waiter
The Stockbroker
The Drummer

Government special ops. :pimp:

My dude walked up on a dozen man FBI swat unit, unarmed, and thrashed the **** out of them with their own weapons. :lol:

And the wasn't the most ridiculous attendance scene in the film. Brilliant.

He also had fewer lines than John Wick, or at least gotta be neck and neck.
Does Ethan Hunt count as The Traffic Analyst? His cover threw me when I rewatched MI3 with my wife last year.

Just roll outta bed, throw on a flannel, lemme grab this trucker hat, stroll up, whada they got, bout 14 of em? I'ma rough them all up casual......few stairs, room full of degenerates, buncha dudes with machine guns, my plan, run really fast, couple hunnid bullets got nothin on me runnin in cowboy boots, lemme jump out this window real slow.......

Might have to bump this up to a 7.5/8

Just roll outta bed, throw on a flannel, lemme grab this trucker hat, stroll up, whada they got, bout 14 of em? I'ma rough them all up casual......few stairs, room full of degenerates, buncha dudes with machine guns, my plan, run really fast, couple hunnid bullets got nothin on me runnin in cowboy boots, lemme jump out this window real slow.......

Might have to bump this up to a 7.5/8
When he walked in between the FBI SWAT huddle I almost laughed out loud.

Rewatching drive for the first time in a while... This movie is outstanding. There's definitely a few moments in the early part where it's a bit too much soundtrack and long gazes and no dialogue haha but this movie is just so well acted. The story is solid and they do a tremendous job with character. You really feel the relationship between Bryan Cranston and Albert Brooks and that's just handled so well. See the characters. Feel real. The story progresses in a frantic Pace and it just feels inevitable in the right kind of ways. I remember coming out of the theater when I saw this and being a little disappointed because I felt like the trailers made. It seem like more of an action movie but when you appreciate what it was and what it intended to be, it's ****ing outstanding

When he walked in between the FBI SWAT huddle I almost laughed out loud.

I did laugh out loud. Literally.

But it's the final destination that I laughed even harder. The ****in Vice President couldn't get to that house and my man had more outfits than a Kardashian strollin thru that spot. :lol:

I did laugh out loud. Literally.

But it's the final destination that I laughed even harder. The ****in Vice President couldn't get to that house and my man had more outfits than a Kardashian strollin thru that spot. :lol:
Hilarious, he was just strolling through the party as one of the most wanted men in America.

I feel like another pass through with the dialogue and this could have been a legitimately good movie.

darthska darthska I remember you making a post in here something recently about starting Ted Lasso. I finished the show last night, and its exactly what you'd expect, the whole way through. Well actually, not *exactly*, there's some very heavy moments and season 2 deals with some intense moments of trauma. For like, all the main characters. Honestly one plot line dug up some feelings I thought I'd resolved years ago. Jason Sudekis does some great acting when it gets dark, so fair play to him brining some extra depth to this character.

But by and large, it's a cheesy, goofy, predictable, very much made for suburban moms, type of show. Maybe throw it on at times where you need to decompress after a 'Saltburn' or 'Midsommar' level of ****ed-up-ness.

S1 - 4.5/8
S2 - 6.5/8
S3 - 5/8 edit - was 6/8 but s3 gets too ridiculous and is a regression from S2.
Light background or bedtime watch.

In no way did Ted Lasso deserve any Emmy's or whatever they basically swept a couple years ago.

Last edited:
darthska darthska I remember you making a post in here something recently about starting Ted Lasso. I finished the show last night, and its exactly what you'd expect, the whole way through. Well actually, not *exactly*, there's some very heavy moments and season 2 deals with some intense moments of trauma. For like, all the main characters. Honestly one plot line dug up some feelings I thought I'd resolved years ago. Jason Sudekis does some great acting when it gets dark, so fair play to him brining some extra depth to this character.

But by and large, it's a cheesy, goofy, predictable, very much made for suburban moms, type of show. Maybe throw it on at times where you need to decompress after a 'Saltburn' or 'Midsommar' level of ****ed-up-ness.

S1 - 4.5/8
S2 - 6.5/8
S3 - 5/8 edit - was 6/8 but s3 gets too ridiculous and is a regression from S2.
Light background or bedtime watch.

In no way did Ted Lasso deserve any Emmy's or whatever they basically swept a couple years ago.
Thank you. I appreciate this on a few levels.

Back
Top Bottom