Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Salma in From Dusk til Dawn
Jennifer Love Hewitt in Heartbreakers
Eiza Gonzalez in Baby Driver
Anne Hathaway in The Devil Wears Prada
Ana De Armas in No Time to Die

I'm actually going to zag on Anne Hathaway and mention Havoc. It's a very different kind of sexy.

Currently

First time:

IMG_4222.jpeg

Rebecca Ferguson is quietly pure flames. That being said, to answer the question, off the top of my head:

Ursula Andress in Dr. No
Elizabeth Hurley in Austin Powers
Heather Graham in Boogie Nights
Margot Robbie in Wolf of Wall Street
Meghan Fox in Transformers
Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct
Dina Meyer (Dizzy) in Starship Troopers
how you gonna skip Cameron Diaz in red dress in Mask

Same with video games, I remember having to go to mid night releases for games like madden. Now you can have it downloaded before the game is even out.
I camped out for Skyrim, halo 3, and the PlayStation 3 :lol:

Rebecca Ferguson is quietly pure flames. That being said, to answer the question, off the top of my head:

Ursula Andress in Dr. No
Elizabeth Hurley in Austin Powers
Heather Graham in Boogie Nights
Margot Robbie in Wolf of Wall Street
Meghan Fox in Transformers
Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct
Dina Meyer (Dizzy) in Starship Troopers

Elizabeth Hurley -bedazzled
Margot- wall st
Denise Richard’s- wild things
Brittany Daniel’s- Joe dirt
Jessica alba- into the blue
Demi Moore- striptease

2 time Esquire “Sexiest Woman Alive” winner Scarlett Johansson- Don Jon
Angelina Jolie- Tomb Raider
Rebecca Ferguson- doctor sleep
Gwyneth Paltrow- Great Expectations
Halle Berry- Swordfish
Catherine Zeta Jones- high fidelity

Watching Endgame right now, the big reveal just happened, I remember my theater opening night people going absolutely crazy. Another Top 5 theater experience for me.

I can't fathom a world where that's not possible. :frown:

(I need to think of my official Top 5 theater experiences)

Endgame
Scream
The Conjuring
The Force Awakens
Matrix Reloaded

First that comes to mind, but there are plenty others I'm probably forgetting.

Off top, best theater experiences in my lifetime:

Mad max fury road
Dark knight
The Matrix
Borat
Star Wars phantom menace

Honorable mention: what we do in the shadows and ready or not. Because the crowd was unexpectedly LIT for both those movies

Top theater experiences are Endgame, Superbad, Top Gun: Maverick, Borat and The Dark Knight.

Tonight. The saga continues (YouTube)

1716857211688.png

Also, I was in an Uber last week and the driver coincidentally had the Halloween theme as a ringtone for his (elderly) mom? Not sure of the implications behind that

My old *** got to see Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, Ghostbusters, Karate Kid (1 and 2), Gremlins, Rocky IV, Temple of Doom (among others) in the theater as a kid.

I’m sure those experiences are a big part of why I’ve been such a movie guy my whole life.

just curious, is everyone here an AMC Stubb or Regal Unlimited member?

been a regal member for almost two years now and have had a blast, I remember cutting netflix for it basically and haven’t looked back.
AMC is closer but still a 25 minute drive compared to my local theater 3 minutes away. It's a smaller theater chain. It doesn't have IMAX or Dolby but does have a large premium screen. That's really nice. Great leather seats but no full recline and I would go there over AMC if it wasn't for stubs. I have to see one and a half premium movies a month or like two and a half regular movies a month for it to be worth it factoring in the cost of gas. But I also get $5 rewards and then link it to my Fandango account. So every five movies I get five Fandango bucks

Oh, man, top 5 theater experiences? Yeesh.
(In no order)
- Infinity War
- Endgame
- Independence Day
- Jurassic mfing Park; Actually, I know I said these are in no particular order, but JP might be #1.

Nah, I gotta order 'em.
1. Jurassic Park
2: Infinity War
3: Independence Day or The Dark Knight
4: Avatar
5: Endgame or The Force Awakens

That's 7. 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️
Man, they can't take theaters from me, bruh.
🙃🥺

Infinity War & Endgame
Mad Max Fury Road
MacGruber
Harry Potter 5-7s
TDK and TDKR
Inception
Shutter Island
A Star Is Born
John Wick 1
Straight Outta Compton
2001: A Space Odyssey (in 2022)

Top theater experiences off the top of my head
Endgame (standing ovation as credits rolled)
Top gun: maverick
Mi fallout
SAW (that ending)
2001 Space odyssey in Imax
Star wars Phantom Menace

I saw a tweet this morning that said young people won't believe it but there used to be a time where you just decided to go to the movies and then decided what to watch depending on what was playing that day.

I used to work with a guy that would scan thru the newspaper each day to see what was playing (and when)

I didn't start regularly going to movies til later in life so I never actually dealt with any of that.
A HS friend and I were regular movie goers during SR year and we'd sometimes just drive down to the theater, scan the movie times, hit up the mall for lunch and then come back to the theater. Often we may have knew of one movie out but would see another if the time fit better. His parents didn't get a newspaper so guess we could have called the movie fone number or 411 but something about seeing the movie title and times on the sign hit different. #IYKYK

Back
Top Bottom