Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Hey now we can’t also forget the GOAT arm wrestling film :pimp:

IMG_5364.jpeg

I peeped this is on Tubi. Will be watching tonight :pimp:

I really really liked this movie when it first came out. Looking at the low ratings, was this not a good movie? Am I misremembering its goodness?
IMG_4314.jpeg

Was just telling some people at work about this movie. They hadn’t seen it and they’re both white guys into hockey. Movie was mad funny, need to see if it’s streaming.

I only saw Mystery Alaska once when it first dropped on a plane in the days where they'd play movies on a couple channels and it was one of the options. Been meaning to see it again, just checked and Amazon wants 3.79 so will set sail to the high seas instead soon.

Is Furiosa as good as Fury Road?

…I’ve heard differing opinions.
No but that's okay.

I just got back from the theaters from seeing it.... I enjoyed it. And while it has big action, I feel like it's a bit softer and quieter at times. I was never of the camp at Fury Road was the greatest action movie of this generation like a lot of people seem to think, but I did enjoy and I do respect it. I enjoy that this one gave us a bit more of the world building and while I didn't need an origin story for her, it was done well. It was entertaining and Chris Hemsworth stole the movie. I think if you would have put him in Fury Road that would have been entertaining.

I left the theater thinking this was good but unnecessary and I don't think I'll watch it again anytime soon.

I’m the minority but I liked Furiosa more than Fury Road.

What clinches it for me is the Hemsworth character who is easily the best villain this series has had, a surprisingly vulnerable performance which i was not expecting.

No but that's okay.

I just got back from the theaters from seeing it.... I enjoyed it. And while it has big action, I feel like it's a bit softer and quieter at times. I was never of the camp at Fury Road was the greatest action movie of this generation like a lot of people seem to think, but I did enjoy and I do respect it. I enjoy that this one gave us a bit more of the world building and while I didn't need an origin story for her, it was done well. It was entertaining and Chris Hemsworth stole the movie. I think if you would have put him in Fury Road that would have been entertaining.

I left the theater thinking this was good but unnecessary and I don't think I'll watch it again anytime soon.
What do you think is the greatest action movie of this generation?

Furiosa is good, worth a watch despite the flaws, just know it's no non-stop action like Fury Road.

Curious, what's a better action film for the past 10 years that's better than Fury Road?

I only saw Mystery Alaska once when it first dropped on a plane in the days where they'd play movies on a couple channels and it was one of the options. Been meaning to see it again, just checked and Amazon wants 3.79 so will set sail to the high seas instead soon.

IMG_4318.gif

Football - The Program
Basketball - He Got Game
Baseball - The Sandlot
Hockey - Slap Shot
Boxing - Gladiator (1992)
Golf - Happy Gilmore
Soccer - Shaolin Soccer
Auto - Talladega Nights: TBORB
Bobsled - Cool Runnings
Martial Arts - Bloodsport
Wrestling- Foxcatcher
Wrasslin' - Iron Claw
Miscellaneous (Pool) - The Hustler

OLI: Major League, Friday Night Lights, Side Out, Rookie of the Year, Bull Durham

This is my pick and I honestly will argue it's on a short list of best action movies of all time.

Fury Road is awesome and the overall ride (no pun intended) is a ton of fun, but Fallout hits every possible mark that makes a great action movie. Guns, hand to hand fight in the bathroom, the rooftop chase, car chase, the halo jump, the helicopter chase? All would be the best scene in any other movie, but this one puts them all in one movie and then adds the character and story beats too.

The Paris motorcycle chase is simply perfect when you add in the music and the cinematography

Caught it last weekend and definitely enjoyed Furiosa for what it was, a really good origin story that also managed to give us a wider look of that world at large than Fury Road did.

Hemsworth stole the show and I'm very down to see him not playing the hero more often :lol:. You can tell he really had a lot of fun with the role.

ATJ was also great in a role that had maybe at most a paragraph worth of lines all movie for her. She can legit act better with just her eyes than a lot of these newer actresses with their whole body :lol:

Wouldn't say it's better than the last one though but even with less full throttle action, it still succeeded at what it was going for and was shot beautifully imo.

Maybe wasn't necessary for the series but it still gets a thumbs up for me on its own merit.

Furiosa was good, maybe even really good. But the problem with it, like many prequels is you know where the movie ends. And really, I don't think there was any growth from Furiosa from the start of the movie through Fury Road.

Hemsworth stole the movie. He was really good.

Back
Top Bottom