Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I just wanted to let you guys know that this is my favorite thread in nearly nine years of being on this site.

pimp.gif

I've said it probably 15 times in here, I thank all the people that come thru here and chop it up.  Serious, I thank every one of you for this place. 

And while on that, where the hell has Dirk been?  Anyone heard or seen ol dude? 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

As if today wasn't bad enough with the lockout officially going nuclear... NBC has pulled Community from it's mid-season schedule. Not a cancellation, but unsure of when it will be put back on the air right now.

You gotta be kidding

As if today wasn't bad enough with the lockout officially going nuclear... NBC has pulled Community from it's mid-season schedule. Not a cancellation, but unsure of when it will be put back on the air right now.

You gotta be kidding

That might be for the best.

Community fluctuates between quasi-brilliance and directionless entertainment.

For a while, it was onto something with the meta-sitcom angle, but I think it is running out of things to say without a strong storyline. 

For a while, it was onto something with the meta-sitcom angle, but I think it is running out of things to say without a strong storyline. 

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

I have to wholeheartedly concur with this statement.

However, I still don't want the ride to end. 
frown.gif

I haven't been disappointed like some have with this season, but I don't think the low points are that bad in comparison to the rest of TV. In comparison to Community's best, their low episodes are clearly weaker... but the highs outweigh the lows for me.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

I have to wholeheartedly concur with this statement.

However, I still don't want the ride to end. 
frown.gif

I haven't been disappointed like some have with this season, but I don't think the low points are that bad in comparison to the rest of TV. In comparison to Community's best, their low episodes are clearly weaker... but the highs outweigh the lows for me.

That's true, but with the strength of NBC's Thursday lineup, that show should be performing much better, especially given the cast.

In my opinion, they played their hand too early by firing Chang as a professor and they are completely wasting Chevy Chase with his one-dimensional character. With the amount of characters and the range of personalities, they should be able to switch between standard episodes and meta ones much more effectively. Right now it's a show without a purpose so maybe the time away will help them to refocus on what angle they need to take.

That's true, but with the strength of NBC's Thursday lineup, that show should be performing much better, especially given the cast.

In my opinion, they played their hand too early by firing Chang as a professor and they are completely wasting Chevy Chase with his one-dimensional character. With the amount of characters and the range of personalities, they should be able to switch between standard episodes and meta ones much more effectively. Right now it's a show without a purpose so maybe the time away will help them to refocus on what angle they need to take.

I agree with your last part. NBC isn't doing the show or themselves any favors by placing it at the 8pm slot, it goes up against X-Factor or Idol and Big Bang Theory, so of course it will get crushed in the ratings. NBC's Thursday night is down for everyone, even for the Office, so the whole network is struggling.

I agree with your last part. NBC isn't doing the show or themselves any favors by placing it at the 8pm slot, it goes up against X-Factor or Idol and Big Bang Theory, so of course it will get crushed in the ratings. NBC's Thursday night is down for everyone, even for the Office, so the whole network is struggling.

Originally Posted by CP1708

I just wanted to let you guys know that this is my favorite thread in nearly nine years of being on this site.

pimp.gif

I've said it probably 15 times in here, I thank all the people that come thru here and chop it up.  Serious, I thank every one of you for this place. 

ohwell.gif
Suicide watch after Rangers choked. Again.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

pimp.gif

ohwell.gif
Suicide watch after Rangers choked. Again.
laugh.gif

i mean honestly not one person i personally know watches community.

and most of them know good television. I been trying to put people on but they resist. its my favorite show on NBC with 30 rock/ parks and rec close behind

maybe community is just very hard to access

i mean honestly not one person i personally know watches community.

and most of them know good television. I been trying to put people on but they resist. its my favorite show on NBC with 30 rock/ parks and rec close behind

maybe community is just very hard to access

I figure they're more willing to give Whitney a chance because it's a new show compared to Community, which has struggled to gain ratings even in its third season. At this point, they shouldn't expect it to gain a major bump in viewers, it's a show for people who love TV, not something middle America will tune in weekly to watch.

They've also made a bigger marketing push with Whitney, and she's a popular product right now so they can't give up on her as easily. In a small positive, the show replacing Whitney on Thursday, Up All Night is pretty good. Not a laugh a second type show, but it's enjoyable and still plenty funny.

I figure they're more willing to give Whitney a chance because it's a new show compared to Community, which has struggled to gain ratings even in its third season. At this point, they shouldn't expect it to gain a major bump in viewers, it's a show for people who love TV, not something middle America will tune in weekly to watch.

They've also made a bigger marketing push with Whitney, and she's a popular product right now so they can't give up on her as easily. In a small positive, the show replacing Whitney on Thursday, Up All Night is pretty good. Not a laugh a second type show, but it's enjoyable and still plenty funny.

Anyone doin major work Blu-Ray wise on Black Friday?  I been preppin for months by not buyin anything new since they always drop great stuff that day. 

Mad Men seasons 1-4 on Blu, 8.99 each. 
Breaking Bad Blu 1-3, 12.99
Pulp Fiction on Blu for 3.99. 
indifferent.gif
  A holes just rubbin that in my face right now
Fast Five and Green Lanter 10 bucks each in Blu. 
I think the reg Harry Potters are like 5-6 bucks a peice. 

Lot more out there.  Those are just some of my targets, still a week to look for more deals. 

Anyone doin major work Blu-Ray wise on Black Friday?  I been preppin for months by not buyin anything new since they always drop great stuff that day. 

Mad Men seasons 1-4 on Blu, 8.99 each. 
Breaking Bad Blu 1-3, 12.99
Pulp Fiction on Blu for 3.99. 
indifferent.gif
  A holes just rubbin that in my face right now
Fast Five and Green Lanter 10 bucks each in Blu. 
I think the reg Harry Potters are like 5-6 bucks a peice. 

Lot more out there.  Those are just some of my targets, still a week to look for more deals. 

Back
Top Bottom