Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

finished heart of darkness the doc about apocalypse now. I been meaning to watch it for a long time but didn't do it until community refrenced it

one of the best Doc's I ever saw. very engaging. crazy stuff. Been on a tear with Coppola this weekend

finished heart of darkness the doc about apocalypse now. I been meaning to watch it for a long time but didn't do it until community refrenced it

one of the best Doc's I ever saw. very engaging. crazy stuff. Been on a tear with Coppola this weekend

eek.gif
omg...I'm dead....Kev, I think you were hyping up The League a little a while ago.
roll.gif

Every single episode. Their jokes are so fluid and dead on to me. I like it better than Always Sunny.

30t6p3b.gif
at myself that I've been sleeping on it for this long. It's like that, (Community) and Happy Endings, my favorite comedies right now

eek.gif
omg...I'm dead....Kev, I think you were hyping up The League a little a while ago.
roll.gif

Every single episode. Their jokes are so fluid and dead on to me. I like it better than Always Sunny.

30t6p3b.gif
at myself that I've been sleeping on it for this long. It's like that, (Community) and Happy Endings, my favorite comedies right now

Ill, just watched Cowboys and Aliens, I actually thought it was alright for a single watch. Not the best movie ever, but I've seen worse. Warrior on deck, can't wait to see this one......5-6 hours in lines, but got first three seasons each of Mad Men and Breaking Bad. Bunch of new Blu's too.

Ill, just watched Cowboys and Aliens, I actually thought it was alright for a single watch. Not the best movie ever, but I've seen worse. Warrior on deck, can't wait to see this one......5-6 hours in lines, but got first three seasons each of Mad Men and Breaking Bad. Bunch of new Blu's too.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

eek.gif
roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif
The League's natural humor is most likely because they're improving a lot of the script, if I recall correctly. It certainly makes sense considering how often the characters seem to be genuinely laughing at each other's jokes. It's one of my favorite shows. One limitation is they film in advance, of course, so they might not use as much fantasy football humor as I would like because it could be all irrelevant by the time the episode airs. Not the end of the world, though. 

eek.gif
roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif
The League's natural humor is most likely because they're improving a lot of the script, if I recall correctly. It certainly makes sense considering how often the characters seem to be genuinely laughing at each other's jokes. It's one of my favorite shows. One limitation is they film in advance, of course, so they might not use as much fantasy football humor as I would like because it could be all irrelevant by the time the episode airs. Not the end of the world, though. 

The League is awesome. But it's still not touching early 'Sunny.' That show went above and beyond to offend and it was beyond hilarious. The League is more just the guys messing with each other, not going out and almost sleeping with a 12 year old North Korean slave labor girl 
laugh.gif

Speaking of hilarious shows, anyone else seen Party Down? Trumps anything else I've seen since Arrested Development (at least live-action, not animated).

The League is awesome. But it's still not touching early 'Sunny.' That show went above and beyond to offend and it was beyond hilarious. The League is more just the guys messing with each other, not going out and almost sleeping with a 12 year old North Korean slave labor girl 
laugh.gif

Speaking of hilarious shows, anyone else seen Party Down? Trumps anything else I've seen since Arrested Development (at least live-action, not animated).

Noskey, Party Down was amazing. One of the most underappreciated comedies of the past few years.

Noskey, Party Down was amazing. One of the most underappreciated comedies of the past few years.

Saw J. Edgar last night, pretty disappointing.

- The makeup on DiCaprio and Hammer to make them look older was dreadful. It looked so bad, and was so distracting.
- The film seemed to lack umpf and was too slow at times.
- DiCaprio was strong during the monologues, especially the court room scenes.
- I enjoyed the way the film was shot, the style it was shot with, the colors that seem faded on screen to make it seem old fashioned...nice touch.

Overall, I'd have to say it was nothing special, and didn't live up to what I was expecting it to be months ago. Not a bad film, just didn't live up to the potential I guess.

Saw J. Edgar last night, pretty disappointing.

- The makeup on DiCaprio and Hammer to make them look older was dreadful. It looked so bad, and was so distracting.
- The film seemed to lack umpf and was too slow at times.
- DiCaprio was strong during the monologues, especially the court room scenes.
- I enjoyed the way the film was shot, the style it was shot with, the colors that seem faded on screen to make it seem old fashioned...nice touch.

Overall, I'd have to say it was nothing special, and didn't live up to what I was expecting it to be months ago. Not a bad film, just didn't live up to the potential I guess.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

my brain = your words.

you guys see the Party Down reunion on Childrens Hospital? So good.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

my brain = your words.

Finally gonna dig into Mad Men... Bought all the seasons on BD in Amazon's Gold Box for like 30 bucks.. Bought Shawshank for $5, Thor for $10, Citizen Kane for $10... Lots of deals this weekend.

And CP, good looks on the invite but I'm gonna have to sit this draft out.. Not sure I have enough time to keep up as I'll really never be able to check in during the day.

Finally gonna dig into Mad Men... Bought all the seasons on BD in Amazon's Gold Box for like 30 bucks.. Bought Shawshank for $5, Thor for $10, Citizen Kane for $10... Lots of deals this weekend.

And CP, good looks on the invite but I'm gonna have to sit this draft out.. Not sure I have enough time to keep up as I'll really never be able to check in during the day.

my brain = your words.

laugh.gif

And I missed that. I caught up on Children's Hospital before the start of the season, but ended up not watching any of the new episodes
laugh.gif
I need to get on that.

CP, change me to a maybe for the draft, I want to but I'm swamped this week so I don't know how much time I'll have.

my brain = your words.

laugh.gif

And I missed that. I caught up on Children's Hospital before the start of the season, but ended up not watching any of the new episodes
laugh.gif
I need to get on that.

CP, change me to a maybe for the draft, I want to but I'm swamped this week so I don't know how much time I'll have.

Back
Top Bottom