Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Not that I needed another reason to dislike Blake Lively... but that movie clinched it. "Wargasms" :lol: Sloot.

Caught Flight last night.

Denzel got me to buy into him as an alcoholic... something I never considered likely when I saw the trailer. The entire crash scene was tantalizing and really had you on the edge of your seat. :wow: the plane flipping in mid-air and people falling/sliding onto the ceiling. :smh: :wow: John Goodman stole every scene he was in "C-Lo :lol: :lol: :lol: " Could've used WAYYYYY more Goodman. Cheadle played a strategic and plan-for-every-scenario lawyer, even though Denzel threw a curveball at the end. The red-headed girl... could take her or leave her. Didn't find her attractive in the slightest, nor her character interesting. The ending was interesting, but at the same time I hated it if that makes sense?

I thought the movie was slow but the acting performances by Denzel and Goodman and the crash scene made the movie for me. I don't think that it's a must-see in theaters at all though.

It will pay off. Think of it as a solid reason to get to this year. You'll see.
I'm not 100 on that CP :lol: I mean I get what you saying but I think you can skip to the last ep of that season and catch up with this season :lol:

I'm trying to think and right now they're not following up on anything from last season except the foreshadowing and reveal in the finale as if they're distancing themselves from it. They may pick up on the Dex and Deb thing next season but nothing else really. They've done more focus on past seasons than the previous one (Trinity, Ice truck killer, Chase, Doakes, etc.)

Last edited:
As is commonly the case with Dexter, I feel like they are piquing far too soon. I feel like almost every season of Dexter starts out simply amazing, but then flutters for the rest of the season. Some seasons it doesn't (Trinity), most seasons it does just drag along.

Like Season Five, when we're about to see Dexter and Deb meet, but then it doesn't happen? Only to do it the very next season and not have as good of a payoff? Weak.

As for The Walking Dead, heavy spoilers for early season if anyone hasn't caught up..

Wow. That episode worked so well for me man. It wasn't even about the scene with Carl and Lori (although I thought it worked very well), but for me it was Andrew Lincoln seeing Maggie and Carl coming out into the prison-yard, and just melted down. I bought it. I love Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes, because when he shows emotion, he reacts as I feel like I would. The scenes that have struck me the most emotionally have always been Rick's reaction. It looks like the black prisoner will be replacing T-Dogg, which is whatever. IronE being on The Talking Dead made me like him more than I ever did in the show.

I'm not sure I like Andrea. She's up-and-down. When she was suicidal, I could care less. When she was kicking ***, I enjoyed her. Now she's dragging Michonne around like she's a 12-year old. I see there is some building tension between Merle and The Governor, which could be interesting down the line. I would really like to see Merle join Rick's group eventually, as I love, LOVE Michael Rooker. I feel like he won't be around past this season though, unfortunately. He's just too big of a name to stay on the show for too long. Maybe I'm wrong, I hope I am.

I also saw Wreck It Ralph last weekend. Man, if you like video games, go watch this. It's much more subtle in it's tribute to video games, unlike Scott Pilgrim that knocks you ever the head with all the comparisons. There are lots of obvious cameos of video games, but my God they work so much better than Scott Pilgrim did. For a children's movie, it really works. Seeing stuff like Ryu and Ken go grab a drink after the arcades closing was awesome. :lol: . But with the movie making fun of the Call of Duty/Halo/Gears of War era of video games, I really enjoyed it all. Not to mention the really cutesy short before the film, which I thought was also very good.

Wreck It Ralph was probably my most enjoyable children's film since Up.

The Man With the Iron Fists needed more fight scenes. At least with RZA. He was only in one, that I can remember :smh: Overall, it was ridiculous. Just, it's what you'd expect from RZA :lol: Action was pretty good, had a lot of throw backs to the old martial arts movies. Story was put on the backburner pretty quickly. But, it was a fun movie with some ridiculous action, in a good way. Dont expect anything spectacular.
I'd recommend it for a Wednesday night movie if you've got nothing else going on.

A less over-the-top Sucker Punch?

Iron fists soundtrack is straight ILL though.

Skyfall :smokin anybody going to the midnight viewing?

The Man With the Iron Fists needed more fight scenes. At least with RZA. He was only in one, that I can remember :smh: Overall, it was ridiculous. Just, it's what you'd expect from RZA :lol: Action was pretty good, had a lot of throw backs to the old martial arts movies. Story was put on the backburner pretty quickly. But, it was a fun movie with some ridiculous action, in a good way. Dont expect anything spectacular.
I'd recommend it for a Wednesday night movie if you've got nothing else going on.

Um, more bloody, but yeah overall Iron Fits was more constrained. Lots of Shogun Assassin homage though. I wish we didnt choose such an odd time to go to the movies, Id have rather seen Wreck it Ralph, honestly. Oh well, one for the future.

Skyfall :smokin anybody going to the midnight viewing?

I won't go to the midnight, but I'm gonna try and make it to the theatre at least for this one. I have never seen a Bond film in theatre. I don't know why, I just always wait til they come out on disk. But I think for this one, I'm going to make it out, least I hope so.

If anyone in here does, be cool with spoilers if there's any type hidden stuff in the film. Usually it's pretty straight forward, I don't think Bond is gonna die or some ****, but just in case. :lol:

Um, more bloody, but yeah overall Iron Fits was more constrained. Lots of Shogun Assassin homage though. I wish we didnt choose such an odd time to go to the movies, Id have rather seen Wreck it Ralph, honestly. Oh well, one for the future.

Be sure to catch it sometime. Not necessarily in theaters, but it's a good-time, especially if you have nieces/nephews.

I heard Universal didn't get it, hated it and basically just dumped it out without hyping it up at Comic-Con or Fantastic Fest or anything, even though it was completed. :smh:

So I watched Looper...my brain melted and I loved it. It felt like a new movie started every 20 minutes, but it worked and there are images and moments I don't think I'll ever forget. Just...wow. Oh and I love Emily Blunt now, I guess.

Thank you for the WWZ trailer, Venom.

I havent read the book yet, but is the trailer accurate at all? I see sprinting zombies, and I thought those dont exist in Max Brooks' books. Or at least they didnt in Zombie Survival Guide.

I know I'm late, but finally saw Argo yesterday...I can't write reviews for my life so I will just say that I really enjoyed it. :pimp:

Thank you for the WWZ trailer, Venom.
I havent read the book yet, but is the trailer accurate at all? I see sprinting zombies, and I thought those dont exist in Max Brooks' books. Or at least they didnt in Zombie Survival Guide.

Not sure how I feel about it. The scenes of zombies crawling and running on top of each looks so damn artificial.

It seems like 28 Days Later on crack, which I don't necessarily think is a good thing. It seems like a mix of The Crazies/28 Weeks Later.

It will be a great popcorn movie, but don't know if it will stand up to some of the modern day zombie films.

That mass of zombies piling up on each other just bothers me for some reason, looking like an ant colony.

That WWZ reminded me of The Happening and I Am Legend. Ew.
No, and yes, for me. The CGI looks toooo much like Legend's vampire things. Especially the movement and running. Just waiting to see a zombie do a war cry :smh: Might not end up watching WWZ in theaters, the trailer really turned me off.

CP thanks again for inviting me to this thread.

It's so funny when I see ppl list some sports books/films and then never post in here again :lol:
Seeking a Friend for the End of the World is pretty worthless.
Thanks for saving me some time.

I don't think Carrell has a good approach or picks good movies when they're not full on comedies (except for Crazy Stupid Love). Just watching the trailer for this reminded me of Dan in Real Life.

No, and yes, for me. The CGI looks toooo much like Legend's vampire things. Especially the movement and running. Just waiting to see a zombie do a war cry :smh: Might not end up watching WWZ in theaters, the trailer really turned me off.

Yeah man, they seem more like creatures than they do zombies.

The Walking Dead proves that slow zombies can still be effective. CP might still love his Dawn of the Dead remake zombies that are faster and jump higher than his blood sugar after watching the Lakers play, but still, these ravenous looking zombies seem like too much.

Noskey, do you buy many videos for your home video collection?

Heard of Scream Factory? It's an off-shoot off of Shout Factory, and they're going to be releasing a ton of 70's/80's horror stuff, a lot of stuff I've never seen. So far they have Halloween 2, Halloween 3, Terror Train, The Funhouse, and They Live on Blu-ray/DVD. :pimp:

I like the DotD remake, and even I think these WWZ zombs are too much.

I havent bought any movies in quite a while, been paying bills and school wiped out a collective 2 months of paychecks this term :smh: But I do buy movies. No idea what Shout Factory is, but I'll check out Scream Factory and see what movies they put out. Good horror movies are always welcome in my home :smokin

I like the DotD remake, and even I think these WWZ zombs are too much.
I havent bought any movies in quite a while, been paying bills and school wiped out a collective 2 months of paychecks this term :smh: But I do buy movies. No idea what Shout Factory is, but I'll check out Scream Factory and see what movies they put out. Good horror movies are always welcome in my home :smokin

Oh I'm not saying I don't like the remake. I don't like it as much as the original, but that's not the point. There's an obvious difference between the two, and yeah, it's too much.

The fast zombies that come to mind all are reasonable. Return of the Living Dead, Dead Alive, 28 Days/Weeks Later, Dawn Remake, they all work to an extent.

I Am Legend pretty much hits the nail on the head.

Gonna watch Ted this weekend.

Hopefully it's as funny as it was hyped to be.

Don't know what to think of that WWZ trailers.

Those zombies look like they're on PEDs.

And seeing that broad from The Killing in it brought up some bad memories.
mean.gif

Here is what I can tell you guys about WWZ and the trailer: It shows nothing of major important - meaning the third act...BECAUSE THEY ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF WRITING IT!

The film has been under massive reshoots and rewrites for seemingly two years. They shot in Israel over the spring and summer and I don't expect this to be a finished product anytime soon, things have been really rough with production.

Back
Top Bottom