Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I don't know about trying to shun him, but I've never thought it was THAT egregious Leo hasn't won an Oscar yet.

He lost Best Actor for The Aviator to Jamie Fox in Ray... hard to argue against Jamie that year and that performance.

Next he lost to Forest Whitaker for The Last King of Scotland... again, hard to argue against that because Whitaker was outstanding. That same year he was in The Departed and he wasn't getting nominated for both.

I saw a lot of people saying he should have been nominated for Inception but that was people mistaking a great, enjoyable movie for an Oscar worthy performance. That was Leo being Leo in a very good movie... but nothing exceptional.

He still should have been nominated for Django, but I'll blame voters not wanting to put two actors from the same movie. Some would argue he was a better supporting character and Waltz wasn't a supporting actor at all.

He was also nominated for Gilbert Grape and lost to Tommy Lee jones in The Fugitive. Worthy in that performance, sure, but too young to beat out Jones.

Should I lose two hours of my sleep to watch kill bill 1 or get 7-8 hours of sleep?

I don't know about trying to shun him, but I've never thought it was THAT egregious Leo hasn't won an Oscar yet.

He lost Best Actor for The Aviator to Jamie Fox in Ray... hard to argue against Jamie that year and that performance.

Next he lost to Forest Whitaker for The Last King of Scotland... again, hard to argue against that because Whitaker was outstanding. That same year he was in The Departed and he wasn't getting nominated for both.

I saw a lot of people saying he should have been nominated for Inception but that was people mistaking a great, enjoyable movie for an Oscar worthy performance. That was Leo being Leo in a very good movie... but nothing exceptional.

He still should have been nominated for Django, but I'll blame voters not wanting to put two actors from the same movie. Some would argue he was a better supporting character and Waltz wasn't a supporting actor at all.

He was also nominated for Gilbert Grape and lost to Tommy Lee jones in The Fugitive. Worthy in that performance, sure, but too young to beat out Jones.
i agree sir.

Inception was a great movie, but it wasnt some award winning one
laugh.gif

and granted i feel like in Django in terms of importance / acting.

It was Waltz, Leo then Jamie.

Granted all 3 did well but Waltz and Leo were
smokin.gif

Funny thing is too people were saying before the film hit that Leo should been the Dr and Waltz the plantation owner.

Leo is THAT dude.. he deserves an Oscar by now.. I can't say the people who have beaten him haven't deserved it but come on, dude puts in work in every movie. Definitely my favorite actor next to DDL.

Dude is talented enough to be an Oscar winner but what movie would you give it to him for? Maybe Blood Diamond, idk, he really hasn't had that iconic role that he truly killed. He's like the Gary Payton of acting, phenomenal but there's always been someone more deserving. He'll get his in due time, just like the Glove.

Welp, just got done with Kill Bill 1.

4/5 

What a cliff hanger.

brb visiting the cousin of death

Iron Man 3... saw it tonight in IMAX 3D.

Awful.

Disappointing to say the least! The fact that they made Kingsley's character a joke, when he had actual potential to be a terrifying villain, UGH. That first speech by him to the president.

I highly enjoyed Tony's speech to "the Mandarin", but besides that this movie was trash. Felt like I was watching X-Men and the villains weren't people like Iron Man but mutants. :{

Surprised it has a 78% on Rotten Tomatoes. Enjoyed the second one more, and at the time of seeing that I thought I didn't like it.

One of my friends likened it to the newest Indiana Jones. Was it that bad?

i dunno i seen it once and liked it but then again i guess most of that was in part to just feening for a new indiana jones movie for so long.

but south park ripped it a ne butt hole in one of their episodes. i can never look at indiana jones the same again :x lol

Better late than never, saw Rain Man for the first time last night. No wonder it got such praise/award recognition. Dustin Hoffman has to be one of, if not the, most underrated actors IMO. What a performance. Cruise too, but any Hoffman film I've seen lately and he's putting on a clinic.

Question for those who have seen it already.

When he loses the 3K by betting '20' and it lands on '10', why did he lose there? Was there anything significant to that scene that I missed, or am I looking too into it?

Oh, and a heads up for anyone interested:
Place Beyond the Pines is out there 8o .

Last edited:
[quote name="iYen"]Welp, just got done with Kill Bill 1.
4/5 
What a cliff hanger.[/quote]Man, that was my lasting impression from Kill Bill. Great movie, but... WHAT... a CLIFFHANGER!! :smokin

Silver Linings Playbook

Just got to JLaw's entrance.

THIS... is a great movie.

I don't like where I think this movie is going, though, how I think it's going to end. :\

^Let it finish. :lol
Oh, and a heads up for anyone interested:
Place Beyond the Pines is out there 8o .

Good ****. Really wanted to watch it again. That's a tough movie to resolve how you feel about it.

Last edited:
Dude is talented enough to be an Oscar winner but what movie would you give it to him for? Maybe Blood Diamond, idk, he really hasn't had that iconic role that he truly killed. He's like the Gary Payton of acting, phenomenal but there's always been someone more deserving. He'll get his in due time, just like the Glove.

Personally, I think he killed it in the Aviator.

Will we ever get a Kill Bill 3? 8o

And I went to rent Silver linings Playbook from red box and it was damaged :| :{

Straight savages :{ :lol

And I went to rent Silver linings Playbook from red box and it was damaged :| :{

I think Django should've been Leo's, but the Academy voters weren't about it.

And Kill Bill 3 is never happening. QT just likes to talk.

Back
Top Bottom