Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Neither or those movies sounds good. But I would watch a haunted house over a Streisand and Seth Rohan movie

Anyone ever seen stalker? By Tarkovskiy

Supposed to be a really good strange sci fi movie. Heard about it for a while. Hard to find with subtitles hardcoded. I need to start watching more foreign movies in general.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R... honestly one of the best games I've ever played. a masterpiece of an RPG FPS. I played and loved the game so when I heard that it was based off a movie Stalker (1979) and that was based of the book Roadside Picnic I obviously went to get it. man the movie not only was difficult to find and get subtitles, it was difficult to watch, I don't know how else to explain it. three hours of mostly quietness. honestly if i didn't know the backstory or played the game (where apparently all the action was) I would've never bothered with it.

its good, just patience is needed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.T.A.L.K.E.R.:_Shadow_of_Chernobyl <--- the game (there were sequels, all of them golden)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roadside_Picnic <--- the book

and I just noticed me and TXZ are in the same boat, I was writing my response while he finished his
laugh.gif

I've been meaning to watch New Girl but with how bad the first few eps were.. I don't want to watch the series from the start again. At what point can I start it back up or does it have storylines that stem from the first few episodes to now?
It's a 20 min show, just watch the first 6 eps in a row and you should be hooked given it gets better each ep. If not the show aint for you.

I've been meaning to watch New Girl but with how bad the first few eps were.. I don't want to watch the series from the start again. At what point can I start it back up or does it have storylines that stem from the first few episodes to now?

I never thought it was that bad in the beginning... just a new sitcom finding it's voice. If you didn't like the first few episodes. Then just pick back up where you left off and power through it at once like Buddha Bless said... if not just start at episode 10 of season 1

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks man. It wasn't that bad I guess... but it just didn't catch me as a show I had to keep watching... if you get what I mean, guess I shouldn't of crapped on it like that :lol

I know for sure it's gotten better though, because I randomly caught an episode a month or two ago and I was dying.

So i finally got all the hype behind silver linings playbook

movie was great
smokin.gif

cooper killed it, dude had no filter and had you
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Miss Lawrence, i must say
devil.gif
i also love crazy chicks so that helped
devil.gif
smokin.gif

I cheered when they won the dance comp
laugh.gif

Chris Tucker and Robert
laugh.gif

This movie had you go from so many emotions though, it was great, gonna watch it again tomm before i take it back
smokin.gif

Rewatched Silver Linings...bruh I love that film. Masterpiece. ******g masterpiece.

Gonna be that film that I can watch over an over again and never get bored. The dance scene at the hotel is such a huge moment. Makes the film :hat

Jennifer Law, sure shes not drop dead gorgeous, but thats what makes her great. Her characters, you fall inlove with them.

I'll try to see silver linings this weekend.
Maybe I'll become a jennifer stan like you guys.

Watched Let the Right One In tonight, those 2 kid actors were fantastic. Probably the best vampire film I've seen in a long time. Interested in watching the American version now

SLP better be good seeing as how this thread has turned into a circle jerk about it and the ultimate AWG Jennifer Lawrence

^excelsior, son.

Finally watched the deluxe LL Davis trailer.
John Goodman's hair :lol ...and the sneaky Drive reunion. :smokin

kinda related...watch Searching for Sugar Man. It's a nice documentary from last year. Won the Oscar and all that.

Oh, and The World's End trailer wasn't what I expected, in a good way too.

It's kinda interesting how Frost and Pegg swapped roles.

Last edited:
Live action Simpson's movie:

By the guy who did Y: The Last Man and Saga, so I'd give it a shot.

Last edited:
It moves really slow (probably slower than 2001: A Space Odyssey), there's not much music, is loaded to the gills with philosophical musings in voiceover, and most of the sci-fi strangeness derives from the location shooting rather than any special effects. I myself love the hell out of this movie, but I would have a very hard time recommending it to most people.
I would recommend Billy Wilder's The Apartment, which is right at 1960, for a good romantic dramedy.

2001 is prob my favorite movie so I shouldn't have a problem. However watching on a laptop would probably kill it. So iand don't ffind a version with English hardcoded ill just buy it. Not worth 3 hours on a tiny screen.

See the problem was I kept finding romantic comedies. When Harry met sally, a room without a view, and the apartment, Alfie.... But that's not really what I wanna see. Then again Arthur was basically a dramedy and I LOVED that movie. I'll give the apartment a chance

I haven't seen silver streak since I was really young I'm gonna watch that again.

Anyone ever seen it's a mad, mad, mad, mad world? That looks good. I think it's like the original version of rat race but better made.

Last edited:
and I just noticed me and TXZ are in the same boat, I was writing my response while he finished his:lol

I'll read up on it after I watch it

Primer was much better because I had some information on it before watching. But that's the only one I can think of. I watched triangle and cabin in the woods blind and they were much better that way.

I saw Valhalla rising without knowing what it's about and I still don't know. Wish I read about that one. But I liked what I was watching.

Stalker and schnecdode, NY are the next "intense" movies I need to see but I gotta be in the right mood for that kind of film

Other then myself, I know ONeg has mentioned loving Children of Men. Anyone else excited about Alfonso Cuaron's Gravity starring George Clooney & Sandra Bullock? A poster was just released & Entertainment Tonight had some teaser footage. Sucks it's not coming out until October 4th.

^I've been quietly waiting for it. That poster has me thinking it's Solaris 2, though. :lol

And a trailer for a trailer.... :| :lol

Live action Simpson's movie:

By the guy who did Y: The Last Man and Saga, so I'd give it a shot.

Is Y: The last man movie still happening?

Yup. Remember how there was that youtube live action fan video of Portal a while ago.

That guy's gonna direct Y.

Last edited:
Halfway through stalker. I'm intrigued. Dont find it too boring. Much, much more dialogue than 2001 so it's not ultra slow. Seems just as subjective so far

I'm having a little trouble deciphering the characters however. Subtitles don't distinguish which character is speaking and since they are so close to each other it's hard to tell at times if you can't figure out the context.

Back
Top Bottom