Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Steven Sodenbergh wa nominated twice that year for best director for Traffic and Erin Brokovich.

There was no way he was not leaving with the Oscar for best director that year.

Traffic was a great movie to me. So was Gladiator but this not best film we're talking about but best director. Scott or Sodenbergh. In a year he's nominated for 2 different really good movies.

Of course this can lead in to the argument over best film and best director (what's the difference). In this case though it was not an upset.

Scott should have his oscar taken away for Exodus being made.

The Cabin in the Woods is a great movie. Its one of those movies that i wish had a sequel/prequel, but i know it wouldn't capture the magic of the first so its best to leave it alone. When the virgin chick hit that purge button >>>

Last edited:
Damn. I've had bad luck going to the theaters lately.

Bought tickets to suicide squad. Ended up having family drama and not seeing it.

Bought tickets to see pete's dragon tonight. Got into a car accident on the way there.

I just want to enjoy a movie damn it. Lol

i just started Stranger Things. meh...i'll watch a 2nd episode but i found myself checking twitter/NT every few minutes while watching the 1st episode :lol:

Hell or High Water 5/8 - Very watchable. Well acted. Nothing I haven't seen before and very predictable. I didn't hate Chris Pine (for once). So there's that.

Tinker Hatfield

Unless Tinker has had some crazy stuff happen in his life that I don't know about, there's probably enough general interest in a sneaker designer to make a feature film about him. Seems more like a subject for a short documentary.

Phil Knight could maybe get a movie though. He's got a biography out right now that's been on the bestseller list. I'd watch that movie.

I'd also like to see a John Wooden movie.

bio pics id like to see (done right of course)

einstein
tesla
both mjs
led zeppelin

Last edited:
amel movie curse [emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji]

Ice Cube's son just announced that he's doing "Last Friday"... which seems like a reboot of the OG Friday. He'll be playing his dad again :lol:

I thought they were going to make a sequel, not reboot it.
Seems unnecessary to remake the OG Friday but *shrug* :rolleyes

Last edited:
^^^ I thought it was going to be a sequel and that Smokey was coming back. Not really interested in a re-make at all.

Tinker Hatfield

Unless Tinker has had some crazy stuff happen in his life that I don't know about, there's probably enough general interest in a sneaker designer to make a feature film about him. Seems more like a subject for a short documentary.

Phil Knight could maybe get a movie though. He's got a biography out right now that's been on the bestseller list. I'd watch that movie.

I'd also like to see a John Wooden movie.

I would def watch a tinker biopic. He's a SUPER interesting guy. Met him a couple of times, his life is pretty insane, from small town track star, to shoe designing icon, a genius at building architecture. His stories about hanging with Jay-z and tiger woods are :wow:

If his real life is that insane, imagine once Hollywood adds some of that magic to his story :pimp:

Ice Cube's son just announced that he's doing "Last Friday"... which seems like a reboot of the OG Friday. He'll be playing his dad again
laugh.gif

I thought they were going to make a sequel, not reboot it.
Seems unnecessary to remake the OG Friday but *shrug*
eyes.gif
Wow, that's cheesy 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Wow, that's cheesy :smh:  

What I read today is that Little Cube is going to play Craig's son and some other dude is going to play Smokey's son. Basically, it was described as "Friday - Next Generation." Not as lame as a straight remake, but still kind of lame.

Back
Top Bottom