Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Seinfeld = Mad corny with a racist *** actor.

Wow, great show. 
indifferent.gif

So Nick Cage has become C. Thomas Howell. Probably has taken longer than it should have.

Quick, without GOOGLING or looking up the answer anywhere else online.....

Can you name ONE of Nicolas Cage's movies he's been the lead actor in, out of his last 20 leading roles?

NO CHEATING!
Dying of the Light
Joe
The Frozen Ground

That was fairly recent. Don't sleep on CageGOD.

Going back to 96 is reaching in to prime CageGOD territory.

The last 2 movies I named were really good. I even posted about them in here. Came out a few years ago though.

Bringing him up reminds me I need my Cage fix. Let me go look at what he's been flourishing in lately.

So Nick Cage has become C. Thomas Howell. Probably has taken longer than it should have.
Bruh when has Howell ever been that guy? Soul Man?

The majority of the movies he's been in don't even have embeded links :lol:

Cage gave us Con Air, Gone in 60 Seconds, Leaving Las Vegas, ******* Face/Off, Snake Eyes, Matchstick Men, and other great flicks.

Last edited:
Don't Breathe is getting years best horror honors. I thought The Witch was amazing and Lights Out was pretty good. Post those reviews when you see it.

He plays the male heart-throb in Valley Girl. In one of the opening scenes he's chilling on the beach shirtless and a group a bikini-clad teen gals are oggling him from afar in a very serious way.

Dude is the poster child of Hollywood nepotism. Bad physical genetics, no vocal range and zero acting chops. In any other life he'd be working at Staples, and even there he'd make you feel uncomfortable.

Damn cage prob has the worst A-list drop off in the history of actors. Didn't he win an Oscar? Should have gone to television like Christian slater.

I wonder if the Coppola ties just dried up for him or what :lol:

Last edited:
He got in money trouble a few years back and basically took any and as many roles as he could. Dunno if his finances are still hurt but he's still grinding. One of the hardest working or just working people in show business.

When Cage enters that promintent old man actor stage of his career I want yall to remember what you said and stay off the band wagon.

Last edited:
When Cage enters that promintent old man actor stage of his career I want yall to remember what you said and stay off the band wagon.

But why isn't he already doing that? Those are the kind of roles he should be getting/taking now. Something definitely has gone sideways with him. May take a prominent part in a QT film to really bring him back. Travolta style.

Cuz he's only 52 and arguably doesn't look it after makeup and w/e costume design does.

Dude just trying to get out of debt now while still enjoying a somewhat rich lifestyle.

He got another 10 years in him easy.

Wouldn't mind him trying some tv though. Put him in the 3rd season of True Detective with Viola Davis and a new/better writer. Then the 4th season of Fargo as the protagonist and villain.

Last edited:
Cuz he's only 52 and arguably doesn't look it after makeup and w/e costume design does.

Dude just trying to get out of debt now while still enjoying a somewhat rich lifestyle.

He got another 10 years in him easy.

Wouldn't mind him trying some tv though. Put him in the 3rd season of True Detective with Viola Davis and a new/better writer. Then the 4th season of Fargo as the protagonist and villain.

He can make straight to DVD movies until he dies but he should be putting out much better. Denzel, Crowe, Neeson, hell even Keeanu are all similarly skilled actors with KINDA the same amount of acting succes and all those mentioned dudes are putting out much more respectable work. Not sure how it all went so sideways on Cage. I need to see that E true Hollywood story like ASAP

Does anyone here think that Keanu fell off then had an uprising? John Wick playing a huge part in that. CAge just needs something like that. Maybe not an action movie but something else

Does anyone here think that Keanu fell off then had an uprising? John Wick playing a huge part in that. CAge just needs something like that. Maybe not an action movie but something else

All it takes is one great role in one great movie man.
Look at Micheal Keaton, dude was going to be straight to dvd for the rest of his life until Birdman.
Then bam... Spotlight.
Now bam, "The Founder" (story of McDonalds being found) is coming out with him in the lead.
Then Bam, another prominent role in the new Spiderman reboot.

Just really takes that one hit for your career to be resurrected, ala Keanu and Keaton.

Back
Top Bottom