Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I feel like Taraji should be starring in much better movies at this point in her career

Agreed. I'm far from a Taraji fan, but given her Oscar nomination and status as a lead on "Empire", she should be doing better stuff than Tyler Perry movies or this one.

Adding on this, Taraji's selection of projects becomes more interesting when you compare her to Viola Davis, who stays getting solid roles. Even Regina King is killing it more than Taraji.

MV5BOGY0NTY4MjItZGMwYi00YThhLTgwNWItMzZkMWY0MjIyYWQ1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQzOTUyMg@@._V1_UY268_CR12,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

A group of scientists discover a soul guide and perform an experiment on her even though such ungodly act could cause space and time to bend and alter the very fabric of the universe.

anyone see a movie called "the capture"?

weird lil low budget scifi but thought provoking

Just finished s1 of Yellowstone. Real good.

Did not r= it to end once it started getting even better the last 4 eps or so.

Kimchi Papi Kimchi Papi
One thing I may have missed somehow in 2eps is what led Kaycee's wife to leave him like that. To me it appears she woke up in the hospital screen that serious blow to the head and was like nah I'm goint to stay with my grandfather.

I was lost on that.

The rest of the family interactions.were great.
It was a combination of a couple of things like one, I mean he killed her brother & didn’t explain anything about it to her until waaaaay after the fact. :lol: Second, he was so quick to re-enlist & leave her & their son after they waited for him to get back the first time. She felt like with everythjng going on he was just ready to abandon them to go off & try to be killed in another war. As much as he loved the both of them, Kayce internalized everything & kept them kinda emotionally out.

I’m a big Taraji & you guys are right. She does some terrible movies & I think it’s down to whoever is her dumb*** agent(s). If she had good representation, they’d be getting & helping her pick the type of projects like Hidden Figures.

Btw, Baby Boy is not a movie about Tyrese’s character, it’s rwally about Taraji‘s...

I feel like Taraji should be starring in much better movies at this point in her career
Definitely.

It gets pretty disappointing especially when you know she has the talent and has showed it on tv.

Gave her a chance with Proud Mary but I will not support Tyler Perry.

So I'm seeing the buzz about Crazy Rich Asians, from here as well. Psk got me interested in it to be honest but anywayz.......

I'll go for the classic HS coming of age movie. i see a trailer for one on netflix, starring an asian girl, as im watching it recently tell me why they had to play into the "Asians are terrible at driving" meme and made it so her white boyfriend drove for her and her little sister every day to and from school as part of the deal?:smh:

watched oceans 8 last night. so it’s a heist movie with no complications?!!!! plans a heist and it goes off perfectly and everyone lives happily ever after?
947A2678-8705-4D87-A709-C06A411ADD93.gif

It was a combination of a couple of things like one, I mean he killed her brother & didn’t explain anything about it to her until waaaaay after the fact. :lol: Second, he was so quick to re-enlist & leave her & their son after they waited for him to get back the first time. She felt like with everythjng going on he was just ready to abandon them to go off & try to be killed in another war. As much as he loved the both of them, Kayce internalized everything & kept them kinda emotionally out.
Man it seemed to me she was over/moved past half of that.

Like ok going on another tour and leaving the fam is an underlying issue but he's been so present and attentive with her and his son the whole time.

She gets knocked the **** out by some kid for a fight she should've stayed out of and woke up buggin. I really didnt get it :lol: I dont think the writing was clear enough to set that up.

watched oceans 8 last night. so it’s a heist movie with no complications?!!!! plans a heist and it goes off perfectly and everyone lives happily ever after?
947A2678-8705-4D87-A709-C06A411ADD93.gif
Basically.

It's like the last version but with zero obstacles and no real main villain. I didnt get that or like it either.

Last edited:
Searching 6.5/8

Real good missing persons/possible murder/whodunit mystery in the format of viewing everything through social media and modern technology like they've done with a few other movies.

For a while there it was looking like the final twist was ****ing unforgivable. It was getting dark and to be a real sad ending.

Movie managed to get you to connect to it due to the mother's story in relation to the father and daughter. The brother red herring was good.

Debra Messing was good. Crazy to see Cho playing a dad now but he's in his wheelhouse with the range of emotions he has to go through.

Man it seemed to she was pay/moved past half of that.

Like ok going on another tour and leaving the fam is an underlying issue but he's been so present and attentive with her and his son the whole time.

She gets knocked the **** out by some kid for a fight she should've stayed out of and woke up buggin. I really didnt get it :lol: I dont think the writing was clear enough to set that up.
Yeah, he was somewhat attentive with the physical tasks of parenting & what not but he was very emotionally distant & he really didn’t explain all the things that were going on or the things in his head. He kept her at bay emotionally. Dude can’t seem to escape trouble. S#%t seems to liberally drop in his lap constantly.

I liked this show a lot. Although creator/writer Taylor Sheridan does a great job sketching out the broad stroke of the show, he needs help fleshing out the characters a bit & the finer details of the story lines. Some of the characters come off as one note sometimes & the storie lines need to be fleshed out too.

Overall I’d give the show like a 6.3 or 6.4/8. Interested enough in catching season 2 when it drops.

Btw, If a teacher sees a fight, they’re supposed to break that ish up. Her technique was all wrong though. She came from behind. She should’ve approached from the middle where both of the kids could see her.

Edit - Stalled on Deep State. In part bcs it hasn’t grabbed me yet. I’ll finish though.

I think when the season finale for Shooter drops, I’m going to stop watching. Show has become really boring to me. It’s like watching a guitar player play the same solo over & over again note for note.

Last edited:
I'm watching this TV show called erased on netflix

Looks like a Japanese show. Looks like it takes place in Japan.

But everyone's speaking English. And it's not dubbed.

Kinda blew my mind

*edit

It is dubbed. Can't believe I was fooled for two episodes

Last edited:
Did anyone finish season 2 of Westworld? I started the season but 2 episodes in, I have up. It was not for me.....

Wanted to know if it gets better?

So I'm seeing the buzz about Crazy Rich Asians, from here as well. Psk got me interested in it to be honest but anywayz.......

I'll go for the classic HS coming of age movie. i see a trailer for one on netflix, starring an asian girl, as im watching it recently tell me why they had to play into the "Asians are terrible at driving" meme and made it so her white boyfriend drove for her and her little sister every day to and from school as part of the deal?:smh:

:rofl: I love that movie. Didn't even think of this while watching but I feel your pain.

Erased was dope. If it wasn't for my Netflix and/or my internet acting up I'd have finished it already.

I liked the deliberate pacing, the camera work and the acting.

I think in the hands of American screenwriters and directors the adaptation of the manga would've turned out much differently

Crazy Rich Asians was cool. Coldplay cover at the end of the movie was really cool.

Lol I wouldn't get too upset by the fact that Lana couldn't drive. I couldn't care less about how other people think of our driving

I was NEVER going to watch TAG unless I got cornered into it on a SUnday lazy day or something.
I put it on the streamer the other night as I was getting in bed.
Man, I would have paid theatre money for this.
Surprisingly impressed.

Happy Time Murders 5.3/8

It was okay.

Crass comedy schlock. Had a few good laughs in it but its no over the top Sausage Party or This Is The End. Matter of fact, it's a Melissa McCarthy movie but rated R so thosw familiar can take that as a positive or negative.

Alpha 6/8

Pretty good. So ***** boy son of the chief of the tribe gets wounded and left for dead on a hunt before winter. He survives and alone has to make it back home while teaming up with a wolf he wounded and then nursed back to help. He's real ***** made most of the movie even after manning up at key moments. Some real good intense moments and action.

Not believing a mountain lion or panther gets taken down that easily though.

It was a good story for the most part.

Watching Papillon now.

^ Yo Master Zik Master Zik , you should’ve just watched the Steve McQueen-Dustin Hoffman classic. There was no need to redo that movie. No one was crying for it. Hunnam picks the worst projects. He might as well do a Cool Hand Luke remake while he’s at it.

If you want to see a great Steve McQueen remake watch The Thomas Crown Affair with a uber hot Renee Russo (foxy *** cougar in this flick) & Pierce Brosnan whose better in this flick than any of this Bond flicks.

Caught the tail end of this on BET the other day. Bassett obviously did a phenomenal job playing Turner but Fishburne’s Ike was masterful. Take this scene & the bits of language Fishburne chooses to use like, “... Our thing was like this here...” & “Anna Mae, I done quit that narcotic...”

Last edited:
:lol: Whose man's? Not mine

^ Yo Master Zik Master Zik , you should’ve just watched the Steve McQueen-Dustin Hoffman classic. There was no need to redo that movie. No one was crying for it. Hunnam picks the worst projects. He might as well do a Cool Hand Luke remake while he’s at it.
Oh I've seen the original a bunch of times. I love it. Defiite classic.

I still figured I'd see this remake. At the very least I expect a great performance from Rami.

So far it's the exact same just not as good. Way more bleek :lol:

Spoken on Hunnam before. Dont know what he's doing career wise.

Oh and I've definitely seen the Thomas Crown Affair remake. Saw that before the original.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom