Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

HBO series?

- The Sopranos
- Game of Thrones
- Righteous Gemstones
- Big Little Lies
- Euphoria
- The Outsider (wait, was that HBO?)
- This Much I Know Is True
- Succession
- Watchmen

Those are HBO series that I have THOROUGHLY enjoyed.

Sooooo... The Leftovers fits in that group?

The Wire and True Detective season 1 are GOAT territory TV.
Eastbound and Down is ****ing hilarious if you like that type of humor.

Never heard of Silicon Valley, but Seinfeld? I hated it when it was out. I legit didn't understand how it was so popular when it was actually out, that and FRIENDS.

Makes sense that you wouldn't like Curb then since it's just a roided up Seinfeld.

Silicon Valley is hilarious.

The Wire and True Detective season 1 are GOAT territory TV.
Eastbound and Down is ****ing hilarious if you like that type of humor.
The Wire is my #2 drama of all time. Just forgot to mention it. Also forgot to add Westworld.

Never gave Eastbound a shot, because honestly, I never used to eff w/ comedies like that. Comedies were more like, if I catch the next episode, cool, if not, no worries. Righteous Gemstones really changed that for me, and it's really more because of the content and less because of anything else. The topic of Righteous Gemstones is Right. Up. My. ALLEY.

Didn't know True Detective had it like THAT. I'll get on it.

Makes sense that you wouldn't like Curb then since it's just a roided up Seinfeld.
And that's gotta be the tamest response I've ever gotten regarding Larry David. :lol:

Related, people usually add Veep in the discussion, because of Julia LD, obviously, but I didn't like that, either.

Starting The Leftovers right now. Gotta say, STRONG opening.

20200806_225606.jpg

😥😥😥

HBO series?

- The Sopranos
- Game of Thrones
- Righteous Gemstones
- Big Little Lies
- Euphoria
- The Outsider (wait, was that HBO?)
- This Much I Know Is True
- Succession
- Watchmen

Those are HBO series that I have THOROUGHLY enjoyed.

Sooooo... The Leftovers fits in that group?
I'd suggest you add:

Oz
The Wire
The Leftovers
Deadwood
Boardwalk Empire
True Detective s1
The Young Pope
Chernobyl
Veep
Curb Your Enthusiasm
The Pacific
Band of Brothers

One of the first things I did when I got HBO was scour the tv series library.

I saw Bryan Cranston then shut it off. I'm in :lol:
Basically :lol:
Dude, do you all just watch... EVERYTHING?! Like, what's your denial process? Some of you, do you even have a denial process on watching something? Or is it just 'I'm watching it. Period. It's just a matter of whether I liked it or didn't like it once it's over'?

TV show. Movie. Docu-series. Doesn't matter, it seems like someone could list ANYTHING, and it's a few of you that have seen it and can speak on it.

- anyone: "So I was watching this movie Quentin made with his own phone back when iPhones first came out..."
- NT Movie thread: "Seen it. Decent. Typical QT staples throughout the whole movie. I've said for years he should go ahead and make an actual movie out of that. He actually didn't write a script for that. Little Blair Witch-y, but it's nice. 6.5/8"
- me: "WHAT?! HOW?!"
- also me: "There's no way I'd waste my time watching that. He made it with his PHONE?! Yeah, that doesn't sound remotely enjoyable."

Like, what are some of your standards for saying 'Nah, I'm good on that one'? Because I definitely think my standards are too high sometimes, maybe. I pass on... A LOTTTTTTTTT.
I usually go by favorite genres, directors and favorite actors first.

We just had the actors we don't care for talk so pretty much if I don't like the actor in not watching ya movies. They'd have to pack the cast with my favorites to get over that.

I can at times go by all time movie/tv lists. RT is a good source to get a list of new most likely really good movies going by the RT score.

Then there's the low quality stuff that's obvious I won't watch.

The other way I cant explain. I've just watched so much tv and movies at this point more times than not I can tell if something isn't good or my cup of tea. Then there's that wriggle room where I give something a chance and sometimes it works it and sometimes it doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom