Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Up on hanger was good. The suspense and lead up to the first test run was intense. Was able to stay awake through the whole movie. The dialogue was fast paced which helped and pretty much all the actors murdered their roles. Honestly didn't even notice dude was Robert Downey Jr until like the last hour. Just played the character so good all I saw was the character. Great movie. Met the hype for sure.

I am in Silicon Valley, but I’m a public servant now. I work for the County of Santa Clara - main office in San Jose. I’m advising the 3 hospitals that the County operates on legal issues.

Current have an apartment in Santa Clara right near the University. My family and I are exploring the area before we sell our place in LA and settle in NorCal.
I'm in the East Bay. But I got friends in SJ. smooth spot Santa Clara. You have 49ers and Great America but more importantly World Cup gonna be at Levi's in 2026.

But since this is the movie thread you have great small theaters that have some rare film showings around there. And for actual proper 70mm film at 1.43:1 Aspect ratio the only two around us is at Regal in Dublin and the Meteron in SF

I'm sure you knew that, I lurk this thread and just so happened to see your post :lol:.

I'm gonna view it twice just to compare

Air is awesome. Wish I saw it in theaters. When Damon came up with the idea to sign Mike , gave me goosebumps.

The world wasn’t ready for Mike to be that TOUGH and in the Chi :pimp:

i enjoyed it a lot until my friend hit me with the "AKCHUWALLY..." and told me just how much creative liberties they took with the story :lol:

still was a fun watch

Yea I bet.
What were some of those?

iirc it was things around nike's true spending cap on getting jordan, his mom's role or the extent of it, who came up with the name Air Jordan, and how sonny put his job on the line and did the negotiating behind the back of jordan's agent. basically they're exaggerated facts to make it more dramatic

iirc it was things around nike's true spending cap on getting jordan, his mom's role or the extent of it, who came up with the name Air Jordan, and how sonny put his job on the line and did the negotiating behind the back of jordan's agent. basically they're exaggerated facts to make it more dramatic

The real world of it probably a lot more dramatic though. Like imagine the million tiny things it took for that occur - the day to day nuances - that’s something a movie can never capture. The make or break of a business is sometimes truly a game of inches. We can look back on the end result now but that could of gone sideways any thousand number of ways

The real world of it probably a lot more dramatic though. Like imagine the million tiny things it took for that occur - the day to day nuances - that’s something a movie can never capture. The make or break of a business is sometimes truly a game of inches. We can look back on the end result now but that could of gone sideways any thousand number of ways

thats true...never thought of it that way

I mean, it was a movie, not a documentary. Like I don't watch Titanic and think "Oh, there was a band playing as the ship went down? I never knew that. What an interesting fact that this movie has educated me on."

St. Vinnies had some heat
IMG_1961.jpeg

IMG_1962.jpeg

IMG_1958.jpeg

IMG_1957.jpeg

They also had The Abyss special edition right next to another VERY popular James Cameron film involving boats and water. It looked pristine.

Attachments

• IMG_1959.jpeg
    IMG_1959.jpeg
    338.1 KB · Views: 3
I mean, it was a movie, not a documentary. Like I don't watch Titanic and think "Oh, there was a band playing as the ship went down? I never knew that. What an interesting fact that this movie has educated me on."

fair

EDIT: nevermind everything after "fair" :lol:

i misread your post. sunday beers

Last edited:
Lisbeth Salender
A role I have yet to see miscast.
Naomi Rapache
Rooney Mara
Claire Foy

As much as I loved the other two, I think Claire is my favorite casting.
They took 3 women that are all cute as a button and made them all BA batches.
Edge of tomorrow did the same with Emily Blunt. I rewatched EDGE OF TOMORROW last week and it has sent me down a rabbit hole of cute as a button Women(in my opinion) that they turned into BA’es.
Jennifer Lawrence in Red Sparrow, (also watched her in MOTHER recently), Charlize Theron in Atomic Blonde and Mad Max, Sasha Luss as Anna, Jessica Chastain as Ava(loved her in that role), watched the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo( damn Rooney Mara was a sexy ugly *** hacker) and finally I’m on a rewatch of what might be my favorite and that’s The Girl in the Spiders Web. Claire Foy is one of the few id say yes to.
IMG_4806.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom