Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Currently, first time:

IMG_2086.jpeg

Good for the O’Doyles.

• The Whale: SUPERB
  • Uncut Gems: so bad
  • The Lighthouse: SO GOOD
  • Midsommar: concerns
  • Hereditary: I... just no
  • Lady Bird: loved this! Didn't realize it was A24!
  • The Florida Project: same with this.
  • Moonlight: EXCELLENT.
  • The VVitch: love Anya Taylor Joy. Hate the movie.
  • Room: my all time top 2.
Queued:
  • EEAAO
  • X
  • Lobster

• The Whale: SUPERB
  • Uncut Gems: so bad
  • The Lighthouse: SO GOOD
  • Midsommar: concerns
  • Hereditary: I... just no
  • Lady Bird: loved this! Didn't realize it was A24!
  • The Florida Project: same with this.
  • Moonlight: EXCELLENT.
  • The VVitch: love Anya Taylor Joy. Hate the movie.
  • Room: my all time top 2.

Queued:
  • EEAAO
  • X
  • Lobster

discussion of A24 movies came up at the dogpark the other day...only reason i was able to see this list and immediately make the connection :lol:

why didn’t you like ‘the witch’ it’s a great movie or is just that type of film? I just rewatched it tonight since it came out.

I was thinking about all the great horror thriller films that were coming out during that time. 15 and up
Get out
Us
Hereditary
The witch
Midsommar
The lighthouse
Etc…

Checked out director Ari Aster of hereditary and his other works. Was astonished that he directed and WROTE NTs classic ‘The Strange thing about the Johnson’s’ :wow: eek :rofl:

why didn’t you like ‘the witch’ it’s a great movie or is just that type of film? I just rewatched it tonight since it came out.
I was a step ahead of every step. I hate that. There was no suspense for me at all. And then the extremely predictable ending... I mean it's called The VVitch so of course that's how it was always going to end, but, going back to my first point, there was no suspense in that.

Idk man the baby scene and when the kids were getting locked up was pretty scary to me :rofl: twins were giving me the hee bie jeebies :lol: I figured the end tho.

Not sure if true, but I read that christian bale's performance in american psycho was inspired by tom cruise's interview with david letterman. "Very intense friendliness with nothing behind the eyes."

The Homicide cast was pretty loaded in terms of acting talent (for a regular network show) and Braugher was the brightest star among them. His work in that show was amazing; my whole family used to watch it together.

RIP.

RIP Braugher, never saw Brooklyn 99 other than a few episodes but he was a good/straight man head of that unit off of Samberg and the others.

Not sure if true, but I read that christian bale's performance in american psycho was inspired by tom cruise's interview with david letterman. "Very intense friendliness with nothing behind the eyes."

It is true in terms of it being told to an interviewer by the director of American Psycho, Mary Herron. She says Bale said this to her over a phone call.

IMG_2099.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom