Oh My! Speed Turf AKA Dan Marino's Coming Summer 2012!!

I went up .5 on them I didn't wanna take a chance of them being small..

can anyone else chime in on sizing? how do these compare to the diamond turf ii's (deion sanders) in sizing? are the marino's tts? or do they run .5 size small (my local shoe palace rep said they run small over the phone).

thanks in advance!

well like i said went out last night and got lit up so i didn't wake up till 11 first thing i did was hop online to find these and just like i figured sold out everywhere so just came to the mall and lucked out champs had 1 size 10 left but i'm a 9.5 but like everybody was saying to go up half a size so it worked out happy was able to get em

Copped mine Tuesday thru an email order from Bodega....No stores out in the Worcester area have these....Champs Natick and Champs Braintree got them tho...

Got my pair at PG Plaza a little after noon. These were relatively easy, I went to Foot Action and they didn't have my size. Dude working there told me they had them at another location like 30 minutes away. I said bump all that and walked a few stores down to the DTLR and grabbed the last 13. I didn't see them at any other store in the mall.

I'm VERY happy with these, now I'm chilling until the Black/Cement IV's.

If you're in SoCal (562/714 area), you might want to try the Footaction in the Cerritos mall.

I was able to pick-up a size 9.5 around 1:30pm today.

Another pic for those on the fence...

I went .5 up and they feel great. I can see how going true to size could work too though (at least for my feet).

No luck with any nearby stores. Hopefully NTNYC still has these when i go in on monday.

Couldn't get my 12.5 from NDC this morning, but got a 13 from Champs at 4pm with no problem (good lookin out w the bday coupon). Dude said I was only the 2nd person to buy them. I definitely don't see these moving that fast down here.

I just canceled a size 10 on ndc cuz I found them instore and for 135 straight.....so be on the look out for that 10

I feel like this is how Nike wanted the 49ers DT2 release to be. Sell out in most spots on the first day. Instead, they over produced them (in terms of reaching that goal) and they sorta sat most places (with restocks for the spots that did sell out). I predict restocks in the future though. These must be more limited than the blacks, because I have seen quite a few dudes with em, but theyre still on shelves.. Hype does kill though. So its only champs and fta that got these? No ftl or fnl?

Last edited:
can anyone else chime in on sizing? how do these compare to the diamond turf ii's (deion sanders) in sizing? are the marino's tts? or do they run .5 size small (my local shoe palace rep said they run small over the phone).
thanks in advance!

in regards to sizing...

alright, since my local shoe palace didn't have any of my tts 8.5 left (sounded like they only had 1 pair of each size), i tried on the size 9 display model. and while it was ever-so-slightly big/loose, i was wearing really thin running socks on, so i figure since i'm just rockin' these casually, and with thicker socks, they'd fit okay (maybe still slightly big/loose). so ended up makin' the purchase for the size 9 anyways.

if i were to hazard a guess, i'd say these ultimately run more like a .25/quarter size small relative to most people's tts.

so my guidance to those still lookin' would be...

1) if you're goin' to wear these just casually and w/ thicker/normal socks, go .5 size up from your tts
2) if you're goin' to wear these and be active in them and need them to fit perfectly, as long as you're rockin' thinner socks, stick with your tts

oh, and to answer my own question...relative to diamond turf ii's...when i tried on size 9 diamond turf ii's...they were way too huge/long for me, where they felt like i was wearin' a boat on my feet. so my 8.5 tts was perfect in those (albeit narrow/tight on the sides). i don't have a direct comparison w/ size 8.5 speed turfs, but the size 9 speed turfs that i got definitely run ever-so-slightly big (but they didn't feel narrow/tight on the sides like diamond turf ii's do).

now you know...and knowing is...

coped the last size 11 here in Dallas

its tax free weekend so the mall is a zoo
mean.gif

got them for $129 after $15 off coupon at footaction

straight off work

TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY - ICE CUBE 

Pairs from Oneness and rockcitykicks arrived earlier in the week. My 3rd pair from rockcitykicks should be here monday. Overall I was happy to get these well in advance of todays release and not have to deal with the madness I've been reading. From the sounds of it, they seem that they ended up being limited and mostly all the release info I gathered from all the reps and posted ended up being pretty accurate (for once). I am glad to see a lot of you all are being able to get yours though and hope those who havent found theirs yet are able to.

Last edited:
Went back to the mall to exchange my elite socks that I bought from FNL this morning (grabbed an XL by mistake).

Stopped by champs as I was leaving and copped my 2nd pair with the bday coupon. I rarely double up, but I had to with these.

Got my pair from champs after striking out online. champs was the only store to get them at the mall closest to my house. total came out to 144 and change with tax here in north carolina.

Still on the fence, pretty sure theyre still in my area somewhere. Was so looking forward to paying under retail like the black and whites.

Back
Top Bottom