Okay, can we FINALLY admit.....

Originally Posted by S4L3

but I'd probably have him as runner up to Chris Paul at this point in the season.
Only on NT do you find such gems like this...

Hate to go off topic, but Paul is first in win shares, second in PER, first in assist to turnover ratio, and shooting 49%/45%/90%. Also is playing with the worst starting wings in the league, and still has his team on pace for 50 wins. Oh, and in their last game the third best starter was Aaron Gray. 
But then again you have Derrick Rose as your avy so nvm....

Originally Posted by S4L3

but I'd probably have him as runner up to Chris Paul at this point in the season.
Only on NT do you find such gems like this...

Hate to go off topic, but Paul is first in win shares, second in PER, first in assist to turnover ratio, and shooting 49%/45%/90%. Also is playing with the worst starting wings in the league, and still has his team on pace for 50 wins. Oh, and in their last game the third best starter was Aaron Gray. 
But then again you have Derrick Rose as your avy so nvm....

Don't you guys know that you can't develop chemistry in one season and put it all together to win it all? (Oh that's right Boston did it in 2008)

"Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7"

The %*+* out of here with all the banter, them not winning it all after all the hoopla and !#$+ they talked over the summer will be a colossal failure. No ifs ands or buts.

With all the bonafide scrubs he's played with since he came into the league. Another top 3 player by his side and another All-Star should be more than enough.

Don't you guys know that you can't develop chemistry in one season and put it all together to win it all? (Oh that's right Boston did it in 2008)

The %*+* out of here with all the banter, them not winning it all after all the hoopla and !#$+ they talked over the summer will be a colossal failure. No ifs ands or buts.

With all the bonafide scrubs he's played with since he came into the league. Another top 3 player by his side and another All-Star should be more than enough.

Goddamn the hate in here is absurd,you guys are acting like they took turns banging your sisters and mothers 
30t6p3b.gif

Goddamn the hate in here is absurd,you guys are acting like they took turns banging your sisters and mothers 
30t6p3b.gif

I'm surprised this thread has this many pages. #6 has tremendous talent and basketball skill. But I'll tell you this, he has no heart, no courage, no poise, he's not a leader, he's a coward, and he folds under pressure when things start going astray. I can't stand that man, and I can't appreciate his talent as much because I absolutely loathe him as a human being. Plus I know things about how he used to treat the people who work at the Q, and how he used to let his family disrespect the people that work there also. Makes me dislike him even more

And everybody keeps talking about how he had no supporting cast in Cleveland, and how the Cavs failed in trying to get good players around him. I think it's silly and complete BS. You don't win 60+ games two years in a row if you have a team full bums, it would be impossible, and those teams had injuries throughout the year. Because by that logic, the Heat should be on their way to 70+ wins EASY. So that argument is tired and dumb and makes me
30t6p3b.gif
every time I hear it.

The Cavaliers would go to #6 and ask for suggestions on what players to try and get and would ask him to help recruit free agents and he always told them NO! So what did the Cavs have to do, give away draft picks to make trades and get players in Cleveland. And what did that do? Made us not be able to draft young players to keep restocking the team, and that made the team old. He handcuffed them by not committing to Cleveland and not even really giving a hint to other players that he might stay in Cleveland. He never promoted playing in Cleveland to other players in the league. I remember we could've gotten Michael Redd or Ray Allen, and #6 wouldn't even reach out to them. Ray Allen even said that's one of the reasons he didn't end up in Cleveland. Who would wanna come play in Cleveland if #6 wasn't here when you could go play in N.Y., L.A., Miami, Boston, or some other big market or nice weather place? Who would wanna go play for ANY team, when the star player on that team won't even talk to you, let alone promote the team and city to you?

This dude himself said one of the reasons he had to get out of Cleveland was because he felt he had to do to much for the Cavs to be successful, but if you look at these past 5-6 games for the Heat, if he wasn't out there playing out of his mind, most of those games are loses, so it looks like he's going thru the same thing in Miami that he claimed was the reason he needed out of Cleveland.

And as far as the Cavs being bums. Yeah they are, but any team would terrible if 4 of your players that get significant minutes should be playing in the D-league, your starting point guard and center been out for extended periods, your back up point guard has been out, your starting power forward catches passes with his face, and your back up center is sooo much of a bum that he loses jump balls to somebody he is damn near a foot taller than.

I'll take Durant or Kobe instead of that sucka.

Go Cleveland and go Cavs

I'm surprised this thread has this many pages. #6 has tremendous talent and basketball skill. But I'll tell you this, he has no heart, no courage, no poise, he's not a leader, he's a coward, and he folds under pressure when things start going astray. I can't stand that man, and I can't appreciate his talent as much because I absolutely loathe him as a human being. Plus I know things about how he used to treat the people who work at the Q, and how he used to let his family disrespect the people that work there also. Makes me dislike him even more

And everybody keeps talking about how he had no supporting cast in Cleveland, and how the Cavs failed in trying to get good players around him. I think it's silly and complete BS. You don't win 60+ games two years in a row if you have a team full bums, it would be impossible, and those teams had injuries throughout the year. Because by that logic, the Heat should be on their way to 70+ wins EASY. So that argument is tired and dumb and makes me
30t6p3b.gif
every time I hear it.

The Cavaliers would go to #6 and ask for suggestions on what players to try and get and would ask him to help recruit free agents and he always told them NO! So what did the Cavs have to do, give away draft picks to make trades and get players in Cleveland. And what did that do? Made us not be able to draft young players to keep restocking the team, and that made the team old. He handcuffed them by not committing to Cleveland and not even really giving a hint to other players that he might stay in Cleveland. He never promoted playing in Cleveland to other players in the league. I remember we could've gotten Michael Redd or Ray Allen, and #6 wouldn't even reach out to them. Ray Allen even said that's one of the reasons he didn't end up in Cleveland. Who would wanna come play in Cleveland if #6 wasn't here when you could go play in N.Y., L.A., Miami, Boston, or some other big market or nice weather place? Who would wanna go play for ANY team, when the star player on that team won't even talk to you, let alone promote the team and city to you?

This dude himself said one of the reasons he had to get out of Cleveland was because he felt he had to do to much for the Cavs to be successful, but if you look at these past 5-6 games for the Heat, if he wasn't out there playing out of his mind, most of those games are loses, so it looks like he's going thru the same thing in Miami that he claimed was the reason he needed out of Cleveland.

And as far as the Cavs being bums. Yeah they are, but any team would terrible if 4 of your players that get significant minutes should be playing in the D-league, your starting point guard and center been out for extended periods, your back up point guard has been out, your starting power forward catches passes with his face, and your back up center is sooo much of a bum that he loses jump balls to somebody he is damn near a foot taller than.

I'll take Durant or Kobe instead of that sucka.

Go Cleveland and go Cavs

^ Doesn't Triz or heat have you quoted as their sig saying " $**@ it, I'm rooting for the Heat" or some nonsense like that.

^ Doesn't Triz or heat have you quoted as their sig saying " $**@ it, I'm rooting for the Heat" or some nonsense like that.

"Don't you guys know that you can't develop chemistry in one season and put it all together to win it all? (Oh that's right Boston did it in 2008)"

An anomaly in the game.

People are still stupid though. Whether or not LeBron wins a title speaks nothing about LBJ THE INDIVIDUAL BASKETBALL PLAYER. Only the Miami Heat as a collective group and organization.

Really, it isn't hard to make the distinction Lakers fans. You WERE doing this after all when you complained about Kobe being surrounded by bum or underpefroming talent from 03-08.

"Don't you guys know that you can't develop chemistry in one season and put it all together to win it all? (Oh that's right Boston did it in 2008)"

An anomaly in the game.

People are still stupid though. Whether or not LeBron wins a title speaks nothing about LBJ THE INDIVIDUAL BASKETBALL PLAYER. Only the Miami Heat as a collective group and organization.

Really, it isn't hard to make the distinction Lakers fans. You WERE doing this after all when you complained about Kobe being surrounded by bum or underpefroming talent from 03-08.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

It might be a failure in the mainstream media, but I'll take this team over 18-64 any day of the week. All the Tim Leglers and Mike Wilbons of the world could eat a fat one if they start dissing us if we don't win the chip this year. It's like getting a Harvard Law degree and only making 200K, haters might hate, but you're still balling regardless.

And as far as the trash talk, I expect every player and team to talk trash. What are you supposed to say? "Yeah, we're not that good. We're going to have a tough time beating Boston and LA?" I wouldn't want to root for a team that had low self esteem (i.e. 2010-2011 Cavs). Every player should expect to win every game. If you don't expect to win, then don't even show up to the arena.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

An anomaly in the game.

Some were but not all, but as soon as he got the help he wanted and fans were calling for they were back to the Finals and have won it in back to back seasons. And that's with only having Pau for half a season. So titles speak nothing about MJ, Larry, Bill, Magic, etc. Well why in the hell are these considered the best and greatest off all time. You can say it all you want but it does matter when looking at transcendent talents across any sport but especially in basketball where one player can have a greater impact that any other sport.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

It might be a failure in the mainstream media, but I'll take this team over 18-64 any day of the week. All the Tim Leglers and Mike Wilbons of the world could eat a fat one if they start dissing us if we don't win the chip this year. It's like getting a Harvard Law degree and only making 200K, haters might hate, but you're still balling regardless.

And as far as the trash talk, I expect every player and team to talk trash. What are you supposed to say? "Yeah, we're not that good. We're going to have a tough time beating Boston and LA?" I wouldn't want to root for a team that had low self esteem (i.e. 2010-2011 Cavs). Every player should expect to win every game. If you don't expect to win, then don't even show up to the arena.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

An anomaly in the game.

Some were but not all, but as soon as he got the help he wanted and fans were calling for they were back to the Finals and have won it in back to back seasons. And that's with only having Pau for half a season. So titles speak nothing about MJ, Larry, Bill, Magic, etc. Well why in the hell are these considered the best and greatest off all time. You can say it all you want but it does matter when looking at transcendent talents across any sport but especially in basketball where one player can have a greater impact that any other sport.

I think Miami has the pieces to win a ring this year, but I wouldn't bet on them this year. Their experience together needs to reach a higher level. Yes Boston did it in year one but it still wasn't probable that they accomplished that feat in year 1. So Miami will be fine. I think they will win it eventually. But I wouldn't bet on them right now.

I think Miami has the pieces to win a ring this year, but I wouldn't bet on them this year. Their experience together needs to reach a higher level. Yes Boston did it in year one but it still wasn't probable that they accomplished that feat in year 1. So Miami will be fine. I think they will win it eventually. But I wouldn't bet on them right now.

It's just funny that LeFrontrunner talked so much !@$# in the summer and then not two weeks ago was saying some 'ol "we don't have as much chemistry as the Celtics so blah blah blah. we aren't as good as them" Can't have it both ways.

That shouldn't matter when you running your mouth about winning 7 titles in a row yet yo *%@ doesn't have a single ring on your finger. If Wade said it, ok he's been there done that, but the Chosen One just came off as a clown and has been since his decision. There's no denying his talent, hell no argument for him being the best player in the league, but all the accolades and talk ain't gonna mean nothing when he's bounced again from the playoffs.

Look at it this way name another team in the league who has 3 of the top 20 players in the league. I'll wait...

There are ZERO excuses for them not to put it together this season.

It's just funny that LeFrontrunner talked so much !@$# in the summer and then not two weeks ago was saying some 'ol "we don't have as much chemistry as the Celtics so blah blah blah. we aren't as good as them" Can't have it both ways.

That shouldn't matter when you running your mouth about winning 7 titles in a row yet yo *%@ doesn't have a single ring on your finger. If Wade said it, ok he's been there done that, but the Chosen One just came off as a clown and has been since his decision. There's no denying his talent, hell no argument for him being the best player in the league, but all the accolades and talk ain't gonna mean nothing when he's bounced again from the playoffs.

Look at it this way name another team in the league who has 3 of the top 20 players in the league. I'll wait...

There are ZERO excuses for them not to put it together this season.

So Mamba MVP, since one player can help his team more by himself in basketball than any other team sport, it NECESSARILY means that said player doesn't need a team, and it is also logical to attribute team win-loss records and team titles to that player correct?Thanks for the non-sequitur.

So Mamba MVP, since one player can help his team more by himself in basketball than any other team sport, it NECESSARILY means that said player doesn't need a team, and it is also logical to attribute team win-loss records and team titles to that player correct?Thanks for the non-sequitur.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

0c82557e4c6c4d134b26c42abddaad80947cbef.jpg

- pieces?? THEY HAVE NO CENTER? the game is played from the inside out. thats not opinion, its how the game was designed. without a semi-strong front line a team can only hope to win a ship regardless of their backcourt.......

- cats on here really do think you can shoot your way to a championship
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

0c82557e4c6c4d134b26c42abddaad80947cbef.jpg

- pieces?? THEY HAVE NO CENTER? the game is played from the inside out. thats not opinion, its how the game was designed. without a semi-strong front line a team can only hope to win a ship regardless of their backcourt.......

- cats on here really do think you can shoot your way to a championship
30t6p3b.gif

I'm tired of all these %%%@!$ Hollinger and Steins Pers, win shares, etc.

Back
Top Bottom