"Make all the excuses you want. 

By THEMSELVES, right?

No one is telling you to choose reason over idiocy. I'm simply stating an important point - one that you refuse to address.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

By THEMSELVES, right?

No one is telling you to choose reason over idiocy. I'm simply stating an important point - one that you refuse to address.

Originally Posted by luxurious24

the heat has the third best record in the league, lebrons numbers overall are the best (26, 7, 7), so why shouldnt he be the leadin mvp candidate again?

But the thing is, the Heat are STILL not the favorite to win it all. The Lakers and Celtics are. The Heat are prime contenders, but they aren' thte favorite. So if they don't win it all. why should LeBronze be blamed and held responsible?

You people forget that these teams have to play other teams. So if those teams just have more better nights (series) why should the losing team's best player be blamed?

the heat has the third best record in the league, lebrons numbers overall are the best (26, 7, 7), so why shouldnt he be the leadin mvp candidate again?

But the thing is, the Heat are STILL not the favorite to win it all. The Lakers and Celtics are. The Heat are prime contenders, but they aren' thte favorite. So if they don't win it all. why should LeBronze be blamed and held responsible?

You people forget that these teams have to play other teams. So if those teams just have more better nights (series) why should the losing team's best player be blamed?

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

how is that even a comparison???

pau is an all star , dwyane wade is a finals mvp

bosh is an all star, lamar odom comes off the bench for his team..

an still you think it wont be enough? teams that won in the past have done it with less than an 2 time MVP, finals MVP and perennial allstar and chris bosh, also a perennial allstar
Yes, LeBron has that NOW. This Heat era has just started. If he doesn't get one NOW, but he is still playing out of this world (like he is doing), why are we questioning HIM?

We have to wait and see what this Heat TEAM does with their pieces. But I don't think they are a better TEAM than LA or Boston. So if they don't win it all this year, I won't be shocked. Nor will I be quick to judge Bronze, Wade, or Bosh on it. Just because a team beats you doesn't mean it is YOUR fault. The other team just might be better. As long as they gave it their all is all you can question.

how is that even a comparison???

pau is an all star , dwyane wade is a finals mvp

bosh is an all star, lamar odom comes off the bench for his team..

an still you think it wont be enough? teams that won in the past have done it with less than an 2 time MVP, finals MVP and perennial allstar and chris bosh, also a perennial allstar
Yes, LeBron has that NOW. This Heat era has just started. If he doesn't get one NOW, but he is still playing out of this world (like he is doing), why are we questioning HIM?

We have to wait and see what this Heat TEAM does with their pieces. But I don't think they are a better TEAM than LA or Boston. So if they don't win it all this year, I won't be shocked. Nor will I be quick to judge Bronze, Wade, or Bosh on it. Just because a team beats you doesn't mean it is YOUR fault. The other team just might be better. As long as they gave it their all is all you can question.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

maybe cause he is the reigning MVP who jumped ship, wanting to be in miami with another great player... i mean "he took his talents to south beach.."

maybe cause he is the reigning MVP who jumped ship, wanting to be in miami with another great player... i mean "he took his talents to south beach.."

sorry brah... dont agree with you.. you win as a team, you lose as team... so putting lebron up there cause of his influence? please... win or lose he's just as much to blame as the #12 on the bench.. cause it's a team, not team lebron.. yeah more depends on him, but if he takes credit for winning, he should also step up when they lose.. you can have it just one way
Yea you win as a team and lose as a team but certain players play a bigger role in those loses than other players. I don't think that is really up for argument. LeBron comes to play every night. It depends on how his teammates played in Cleveland whether or not they succeeded.

You can not put the same blame on the #12 guy (who doesn't get in the game during the playoffs) to Mo Williams who virtually disappeared during most of the Cavs loses in the playoffs.

Philosophically, "everyone plays the same role" sounds good when building team chemistry, but no coach believes that deep down in their heart. It is just a sounds good phrase that makes the 12 man want to come to practice and play hard everyday. It shouldn't be taken literally.

There is an important distinction between saying a player is the most important part of his team and simply attributing a team's win-loss record or championships to ONE player as the ignorant fan does. The first statement still recoginizes that the player, while a great one, is still playing within the greater whole of the team entity that he needs to win.The second statement doesn't.

sorry brah... dont agree with you.. you win as a team, you lose as team... so putting lebron up there cause of his influence? please... win or lose he's just as much to blame as the #12 on the bench.. cause it's a team, not team lebron.. yeah more depends on him, but if he takes credit for winning, he should also step up when they lose.. you can have it just one way
Yea you win as a team and lose as a team but certain players play a bigger role in those loses than other players. I don't think that is really up for argument. LeBron comes to play every night. It depends on how his teammates played in Cleveland whether or not they succeeded.

You can not put the same blame on the #12 guy (who doesn't get in the game during the playoffs) to Mo Williams who virtually disappeared during most of the Cavs loses in the playoffs.

Philosophically, "everyone plays the same role" sounds good when building team chemistry, but no coach believes that deep down in their heart. It is just a sounds good phrase that makes the 12 man want to come to practice and play hard everyday. It shouldn't be taken literally.

There is an important distinction between saying a player is the most important part of his team and simply attributing a team's win-loss record or championships to ONE player as the ignorant fan does. The first statement still recoginizes that the player, while a great one, is still playing within the greater whole of the team entity that he needs to win.The second statement doesn't.

Man LeBron's influence on the court is the MAIN reason why the Cavs miss him. Creating for others, giving other players open shots. His work on the defensive end. Him being there means his team KNOWS that they had a CHANCE of winning it all. Not playing with LeBron changes that ALL. Don't ignore the mental approach to all of this. If I play with the best player, my confidence level will naturally be higher than if I played with Emmanuel Harris and Maurice Williams.

LeBron not being there is FATAL to that squad. Yes, one man alone has that much power in relation to his team.

Man LeBron's influence on the court is the MAIN reason why the Cavs miss him. Creating for others, giving other players open shots. His work on the defensive end. Him being there means his team KNOWS that they had a CHANCE of winning it all. Not playing with LeBron changes that ALL. Don't ignore the mental approach to all of this. If I play with the best player, my confidence level will naturally be higher than if I played with Emmanuel Harris and Maurice Williams.

LeBron not being there is FATAL to that squad. Yes, one man alone has that much power in relation to his team.

wait, wat? yea he went to another team, but he is still dominating the league. I'm a lebron fan yea. but i'm not being bias, if there was someone more deserving i'd more that back them, i feel as the year goes on lebrons numbers will drop and durant or drose will win it, but as it stands Lebron for MVP  

wait, wat? yea he went to another team, but he is still dominating the league. I'm a lebron fan yea. but i'm not being bias, if there was someone more deserving i'd more that back them, i feel as the year goes on lebrons numbers will drop and durant or drose will win it, but as it stands Lebron for MVP  

"Yes, one man alone has that much power in relation to his team."

Doesn't replace the team though. LBJ wasn't winning those games with everyone else in the bench playing one on five.

What does the first sentence in your sig say?

Doesn't replace the team though. LBJ wasn't winning those games with everyone else in the bench playing one on five.

I never implied that though. Every player has a different role on the court based on what he has shown he can handle; via practice, via other games, via personality, via attitude. LeBron was the focus of the team. Him playing well was a given. His teammates had smaller roles individually, but collectively, they had a big role. Them coming to play during the playoffs was not a given. It was not as sure fire as LeBron holding up his end of the "agreement."

So I ask, why is LeBron being blamed when he usually held up his end of the stick and his teammates generally didn't come playoff time. It wasn't LeBron that was the one choking during those meaningful moments. It was his teammates. So again I ask, why is LeBron being asked to somehow infuse those teammates with this super human ability at all times. He might have done it during the regular season, but there are many other factors that players face come playoff time. Why is LeBron being held responsible for those guys not bringing it on a consistent basis during the playoffs? He shouldn't be held responsible.

I never implied that though. Every player has a different role on the court based on what he has shown he can handle; via practice, via other games, via personality, via attitude. LeBron was the focus of the team. Him playing well was a given. His teammates had smaller roles individually, but collectively, they had a big role. Them coming to play during the playoffs was not a given. It was not as sure fire as LeBron holding up his end of the "agreement."

So I ask, why is LeBron being blamed when he usually held up his end of the stick and his teammates generally didn't come playoff time. It wasn't LeBron that was the one choking during those meaningful moments. It was his teammates. So again I ask, why is LeBron being asked to somehow infuse those teammates with this super human ability at all times. He might have done it during the regular season, but there are many other factors that players face come playoff time. Why is LeBron being held responsible for those guys not bringing it on a consistent basis during the playoffs? He shouldn't be held responsible.

carlos boozer is a ROLE PLAYER for chicago....he was a ROLE PLAYER in utah, they just had such a lack of talent, he was a "STAR" out there...

Sounding like an idiot again.

We know he's the best player in the league. Now he has a championship squad around him he just has to deliver with a title. Yes, he's taken bum @## teams to the Finals, ECF, and best record in the league but no one cares about runner ups and !$*$. He needs to win a title. He's going to go down as an all-time great regardless of having a title or not barring injury though.

carlos boozer is a ROLE PLAYER for chicago....he was a ROLE PLAYER in utah, they just had such a lack of talent, he was a "STAR" out there...

Sounding like an idiot again.

We know he's the best player in the league. Now he has a championship squad around him he just has to deliver with a title. Yes, he's taken bum @## teams to the Finals, ECF, and best record in the league but no one cares about runner ups and !$*$. He needs to win a title. He's going to go down as an all-time great regardless of having a title or not barring injury though.

Originally Posted by fearthenut

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

I give up.

This isn't just Maverick Carter, this is his whole damn crew on here. 

(and im a tOSU alum, boy)
This would make you above the age of 15, which is highly unexpected. I was expecting 17 tops. Nonetheless, your alumni affiliation is now the worst thing to come out of Columbus since Kosta Koufos.

I'm embarrassed.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

I give up.

This isn't just Maverick Carter, this is his whole damn crew on here. 

(and im a tOSU alum, boy)
This would make you above the age of 15, which is highly unexpected. I was expecting 17 tops. Nonetheless, your alumni affiliation is now the worst thing to come out of Columbus since Kosta Koufos.

I'm embarrassed.

laugh.gif

roll.gif
DC, this is a joke right?  You aren't serious are you.

Please tell me you aren't serious.  So Wade and Bosh aren't enough?  What, they need Dwight Howard and Derrick Rose too?

roll.gif
DC, this is a joke right?  You aren't serious are you.

Please tell me you aren't serious.  So Wade and Bosh aren't enough?  What, they need Dwight Howard and Derrick Rose too?

We're in agreement here. Just wanted to see where you wet coming from. You're right though, it's pretty silly how people blame another player when someone ELSE doesn't do his job. If LeBron has a bad game, I put it on LeBron, not Wade or Bosh. Same goes for them and every other player.

Back
Top Bottom