Okay, can we FINALLY admit.....

"For the stars, the set of rules are different."

No they're not.

Unless you would like Phil to sit down the rest of the Lakers lineup tonight and trot Kobe by himself out there to play Boston one on five.

"For the stars, the set of rules are different."

No they're not.

Unless you would like Phil to sit down the rest of the Lakers lineup tonight and trot Kobe by himself out there to play Boston one on five.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

A long %#% post (with some pathetic strawmen as well) that doesn't even answer the question as I asked them.
laugh.gif

Typical Kobe stan logic. When you're asked questions that expose your flawed arguments, either don't answer them or shift the goalposts.
Oh sorry, forgot to answer your questions.....Uh, I would take Kobe to play with the 4 "old schools" and pick the 5 NBA players to win the game.  

And yes, the rules are different.  Don't be stupid.  The NBA isn't marketing Adam Morrison and Mark Madsen for their rings.  Are they? 

It occurs to me, the only people thinking that rings don't matter are Lebron fans.  Rings matter to Laker fans.  Celtic fans.  Spurs fans.  Durant fans want a ring.  Dallas fans DESPERATE for a ring.  ORLD tryna get there.  Bulls fans are hungry for another ring.  People want Steve Nash to get traded.....just so he can get a ring.  But for some reason, Bron fans are like "naw, they're no big deal, rings ain't nothin,......." 

You all expect me to believe that if Bron had 5, and Kobe was at zero, Bron fans would be downplaying the 5 rings?  
laugh.gif
  I seem to remember a few years ago the 3 that Kobe won didn't matter simply because they were Shaq's.  Now that that's gone, rings just flat out don't matter at all now? 
roll.gif
    Crazy. 

Let Bron win some, and watch me come back with "rings don't matter right?"  Watch the fury fly. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

A long %#% post (with some pathetic strawmen as well) that doesn't even answer the question as I asked them.
laugh.gif

Typical Kobe stan logic. When you're asked questions that expose your flawed arguments, either don't answer them or shift the goalposts.
Oh sorry, forgot to answer your questions.....Uh, I would take Kobe to play with the 4 "old schools" and pick the 5 NBA players to win the game.  

And yes, the rules are different.  Don't be stupid.  The NBA isn't marketing Adam Morrison and Mark Madsen for their rings.  Are they? 

It occurs to me, the only people thinking that rings don't matter are Lebron fans.  Rings matter to Laker fans.  Celtic fans.  Spurs fans.  Durant fans want a ring.  Dallas fans DESPERATE for a ring.  ORLD tryna get there.  Bulls fans are hungry for another ring.  People want Steve Nash to get traded.....just so he can get a ring.  But for some reason, Bron fans are like "naw, they're no big deal, rings ain't nothin,......." 

You all expect me to believe that if Bron had 5, and Kobe was at zero, Bron fans would be downplaying the 5 rings?  
laugh.gif
  I seem to remember a few years ago the 3 that Kobe won didn't matter simply because they were Shaq's.  Now that that's gone, rings just flat out don't matter at all now? 
roll.gif
    Crazy. 

Let Bron win some, and watch me come back with "rings don't matter right?"  Watch the fury fly. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

"Oh sorry, forgot to answer your questions.....Uh, I would take Kobe to play with the 4 "old schools" and pick the 5 NBA players to win the game."

You're still dancing around with your answer. WHICH ONE SINGLE PLAYER WOULD YOU TAKE? You're not taking a player with other players.

"And yes, the rules are different.  Don't be stupid.  The NBA isn't marketing Adam Morrison and Mark Madsen for their rings.  Are they?"

What does marketing has to do with this? I provided a point (using tonight's Lakers game as an example) that you also failed to address.

The point is that only teams can win games and titles. NOT one player, whether it's Morrsion or Kobe. When you realize that, it's become pretty dumb to talk about player W-L records and "ring count" IN ORGANIZED TEAM SPORTS. There's also no contradiction present for recognizing this and also saying that a player contributes more to a TEAM WIN than another player. Once again, the goal is total contribution.

"You all expect me to believe that if Bron had 5, and Kobe was at zero, Bron fans would be downplaying the 5 rings?"

1) I'm not a "Bron fan". Just using sound logic to answer your ridiculous generalizatims and strawmen.
2) I already told you I'm not looking at "rings" for ANY player. So why argue as if that's what I'm doing?

"Oh sorry, forgot to answer your questions.....Uh, I would take Kobe to play with the 4 "old schools" and pick the 5 NBA players to win the game."

You're still dancing around with your answer. WHICH ONE SINGLE PLAYER WOULD YOU TAKE? You're not taking a player with other players.

"And yes, the rules are different.  Don't be stupid.  The NBA isn't marketing Adam Morrison and Mark Madsen for their rings.  Are they?"

What does marketing has to do with this? I provided a point (using tonight's Lakers game as an example) that you also failed to address.

The point is that only teams can win games and titles. NOT one player, whether it's Morrsion or Kobe. When you realize that, it's become pretty dumb to talk about player W-L records and "ring count" IN ORGANIZED TEAM SPORTS. There's also no contradiction present for recognizing this and also saying that a player contributes more to a TEAM WIN than another player. Once again, the goal is total contribution.

"You all expect me to believe that if Bron had 5, and Kobe was at zero, Bron fans would be downplaying the 5 rings?"

1) I'm not a "Bron fan". Just using sound logic to answer your ridiculous generalizatims and strawmen.
2) I already told you I'm not looking at "rings" for ANY player. So why argue as if that's what I'm doing?

Bron goes real big for the next 10 years.  No injuries, 75+ games a year for 10 more seasons.  HUGE numbers.  Goes, 35,000 points, 10,000 assists, 10,000 rebounds.  7 MVP's.  Highest PER in the history of the game.  Breaks all the playoff records as well.  7,500 points.  3,500 assists and rebounds.  30, 8 and 8 a game for his career.  200 triple doubles, the works.  HUGE numbers.  Regular season, playoffs, everything. 

But never wins a ring.  0. 

You going to try and tell me and the rest of the world that he is better then MJ, Kareem, Russell, Magic, Bird, Duncan, Shaq, Kobe, ALL OF THEM? 

Cuz I don't see anyone spoutin off about Karl Malone is a top 5-10 all time NBA player.  And he has crazy numbers across the board.  He's not even the best PF anymore, why? 
i will try my best to answer you.

if bron holds records in damn near every statistical category and doesnt get a ring, he will still be harolded as greater than all of them. if he finishes his career with more triple doubles than anybody, averages a triple double during a regular season, he is clearly showing that his talent is unmatched, even historically.

i just dont put rings in the equation of grading a player individually....

never have, never will....

adam morrison and brian scalabrine arent in the same stratosphere? yeah, you right, by YOUR logic, ADAM AND BRIAN ARE BETTER, BECAUSE THEY WON RINGS. THEY ARE REAL WINNERS, WITH HEART AND DETERMINATION, BECAUSE THEYRE JUST AS RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR RINGS AS KOBE AND GARNETT

this is YOUR logic.....or do you just form your arguments as the inverse to whatever i say?

Nobody gives a crap about the Offensive guard that just won a super bowl in GB.  They care that as a QB, Aaron Rodgers has one.  It matters
YOU dont give a crap, 99.9 percent of people that matter, in the NFL, care...

football is much less individual than the NBA...

if you have an amazing center, your guards can be lackluster....

if you have an amazing d line, your linebackers can be lackluster

and you can still have a good o line or good defense...its about how each peice works as one unit...

in the NFL, UNITS are ranked, not INDIVIDUALS...

you dont say "oh, green bay got that real good offensive guard" you say "they have a good offensive line"

tom brady played with cavs-level bums at recievers in every super bowl he won...

but they had a GOOD passing game, right?

now, on the flip side...

if you have a garbage backcourt, an AMAZING forward CAN make them look better...

but when it comes down to the ball getting kicked to you, and you airball or turn the ball over immediately.......

there is no "making up for" that...

when you have two of the slowest, unathletic centers in the leauge, no amount of backcourt support can help you..

when you dont have length at the 2, and you have two 6'10" guard-%#% players tossing threes over the heads of your 6'2" guards....there is very little you can do to address that....

basketball is different from football...so stop reaching for football to prove your point about basketball...

there are literally more than 4 times the amount of starters in football, therefore, individual dominance isnt much of an issue...

especially at UNSKILLED positions....

whereas, in basketball, yes, its a team effort, but individual mismatches are exploited much more often and completely....

example.

lebron dominates his postion every time he steps out on the floor

mo dominates his position about 3/10 nights

shaq would dominate his position like...1/10 nights

no other player on the entire roster ever donimated their position....EVER....

they STAYED getting outplayed.....

so if you have 1/5 starters dominating every night

and 4/5 players getting dominated every night

how do you point your finger at the ONE consistantly dominant player?

now, on the heat.....they have 2 positions that consistantly dominate their positions...

bosh, at forward, sporatically dominates his position...

but that still leaves 2/5 starters that WILL get dominated in their position EVERY NIGHT....

"theres absolutely no way they should lose now, they have lebron and wade"

yeah, the celtics have 4 position-dominating players.......who have played with each other for YEARS

all im saying is stop comparing apples to oranges like its proving your point...

no, not EVERYONE cares about rings, obvious by all the people that are disagreeing with you in here...

Karl Malone has numbers and no ring. However, he had the game depth of Tim Duncan. Lebron has guard-like handles, quickness, speed,body control, agility and passing vision, center/forward- strength, rebounding, length, jumping ability, blocking ability and size.....

he's guard-like, and DOMINANT in a guard-like skillset...

and he's forward-like, and DOMINANT in a forward-like skillset...

he's the most complete player in the game.

yall cant even admit that...yall dislike him so much, youll argue that kobe is more complete than a player who can LITERALLY start for all 30 teams at 4 different positions.....

roll.gif

you argue that the "greatest" players are all the "greatest" because they have rings, whereas, i argue, they were already individually great players....Karl Malone, ringless, is an all-time great....Reggie Miller, ringless, is an all-time great....these are legendary players, dispite not winning a ring....so i really don't get your point, at all....

Kobe is better than Karl Malone not because he has rings....but because he shoots better, dribbles better, scores better, defends better, dunks ON people better, hits last second shots better, and is just overall BETTER

Magic is better than reggie miller, not because he has a ring and reggie doesnt....its because he passes better, scores better, runs an offense better, creates shots for teammates better, makes those around him better-better, and is just OVERALL BETTER

i dont even think YOU believe the stuff you're saying....again, you're just taking the inverse argument just to argue with me because i think lebron is the best and you dont...

dudes were in here e-high fiving and running "mission complete" banners on their warships when they named carlos boozer, like he's some amazing player. Before his injury, he got benched, THIS YEAR, because......flat out, hes just not that good. and he was even worse in cleveland. and this is the BEST guy you can come up with?

its proving MY point, but you dont see it like that, you see it as "see, you were wrong i DID find a starter!"

dudes in here talking about "wally sczerbiak....."

roll.gif

complete joke dudes in here.

But when you talk Lebron James and Magic Johnson, then you have something to talk about and when you split hairs, one has something, the other doesn't.  That's it.  Period. 

and when we compare adam morrison to reggie miller, when you split hairs, one has something the other doesnt. that's it. period. YOU think adam morrison is better than reggie miller.....

Bron goes real big for the next 10 years.  No injuries, 75+ games a year for 10 more seasons.  HUGE numbers.  Goes, 35,000 points, 10,000 assists, 10,000 rebounds.  7 MVP's.  Highest PER in the history of the game.  Breaks all the playoff records as well.  7,500 points.  3,500 assists and rebounds.  30, 8 and 8 a game for his career.  200 triple doubles, the works.  HUGE numbers.  Regular season, playoffs, everything. 

But never wins a ring.  0. 

You going to try and tell me and the rest of the world that he is better then MJ, Kareem, Russell, Magic, Bird, Duncan, Shaq, Kobe, ALL OF THEM? 

Cuz I don't see anyone spoutin off about Karl Malone is a top 5-10 all time NBA player.  And he has crazy numbers across the board.  He's not even the best PF anymore, why? 
i will try my best to answer you.

if bron holds records in damn near every statistical category and doesnt get a ring, he will still be harolded as greater than all of them. if he finishes his career with more triple doubles than anybody, averages a triple double during a regular season, he is clearly showing that his talent is unmatched, even historically.

i just dont put rings in the equation of grading a player individually....

never have, never will....

adam morrison and brian scalabrine arent in the same stratosphere? yeah, you right, by YOUR logic, ADAM AND BRIAN ARE BETTER, BECAUSE THEY WON RINGS. THEY ARE REAL WINNERS, WITH HEART AND DETERMINATION, BECAUSE THEYRE JUST AS RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR RINGS AS KOBE AND GARNETT

this is YOUR logic.....or do you just form your arguments as the inverse to whatever i say?

Nobody gives a crap about the Offensive guard that just won a super bowl in GB.  They care that as a QB, Aaron Rodgers has one.  It matters

if you have an amazing center, your guards can be lackluster....

if you have an amazing d line, your linebackers can be lackluster

and you can still have a good o line or good defense...its about how each peice works as one unit...

in the NFL, UNITS are ranked, not INDIVIDUALS...

you dont say "oh, green bay got that real good offensive guard" you say "they have a good offensive line"

tom brady played with cavs-level bums at recievers in every super bowl he won...

but they had a GOOD passing game, right?

now, on the flip side...

if you have a garbage backcourt, an AMAZING forward CAN make them look better...

but when it comes down to the ball getting kicked to you, and you airball or turn the ball over immediately.......

there is no "making up for" that...

when you have two of the slowest, unathletic centers in the leauge, no amount of backcourt support can help you..

when you dont have length at the 2, and you have two 6'10" guard-%#% players tossing threes over the heads of your 6'2" guards....there is very little you can do to address that....

basketball is different from football...so stop reaching for football to prove your point about basketball...

there are literally more than 4 times the amount of starters in football, therefore, individual dominance isnt much of an issue...

especially at UNSKILLED positions....

whereas, in basketball, yes, its a team effort, but individual mismatches are exploited much more often and completely....

example.

lebron dominates his postion every time he steps out on the floor

mo dominates his position about 3/10 nights

shaq would dominate his position like...1/10 nights

no other player on the entire roster ever donimated their position....EVER....

they STAYED getting outplayed.....

so if you have 1/5 starters dominating every night

and 4/5 players getting dominated every night

how do you point your finger at the ONE consistantly dominant player?

now, on the heat.....they have 2 positions that consistantly dominate their positions...

bosh, at forward, sporatically dominates his position...

but that still leaves 2/5 starters that WILL get dominated in their position EVERY NIGHT....

"theres absolutely no way they should lose now, they have lebron and wade"

yeah, the celtics have 4 position-dominating players.......who have played with each other for YEARS

all im saying is stop comparing apples to oranges like its proving your point...

no, not EVERYONE cares about rings, obvious by all the people that are disagreeing with you in here...

Karl Malone has numbers and no ring. However, he had the game depth of Tim Duncan. Lebron has guard-like handles, quickness, speed,body control, agility and passing vision, center/forward- strength, rebounding, length, jumping ability, blocking ability and size.....

he's guard-like, and DOMINANT in a guard-like skillset...

and he's forward-like, and DOMINANT in a forward-like skillset...

he's the most complete player in the game.

yall cant even admit that...yall dislike him so much, youll argue that kobe is more complete than a player who can LITERALLY start for all 30 teams at 4 different positions.....

roll.gif

you argue that the "greatest" players are all the "greatest" because they have rings, whereas, i argue, they were already individually great players....Karl Malone, ringless, is an all-time great....Reggie Miller, ringless, is an all-time great....these are legendary players, dispite not winning a ring....so i really don't get your point, at all....

Kobe is better than Karl Malone not because he has rings....but because he shoots better, dribbles better, scores better, defends better, dunks ON people better, hits last second shots better, and is just overall BETTER

Magic is better than reggie miller, not because he has a ring and reggie doesnt....its because he passes better, scores better, runs an offense better, creates shots for teammates better, makes those around him better-better, and is just OVERALL BETTER

i dont even think YOU believe the stuff you're saying....again, you're just taking the inverse argument just to argue with me because i think lebron is the best and you dont...

dudes were in here e-high fiving and running "mission complete" banners on their warships when they named carlos boozer, like he's some amazing player. Before his injury, he got benched, THIS YEAR, because......flat out, hes just not that good. and he was even worse in cleveland. and this is the BEST guy you can come up with?

its proving MY point, but you dont see it like that, you see it as "see, you were wrong i DID find a starter!"

dudes in here talking about "wally sczerbiak....."

roll.gif

complete joke dudes in here.

But when you talk Lebron James and Magic Johnson, then you have something to talk about and when you split hairs, one has something, the other doesn't.  That's it.  Period. 

and when we compare adam morrison to reggie miller, when you split hairs, one has something the other doesnt. that's it. period. YOU think adam morrison is better than reggie miller.....

Durant fans want a ring.  Dallas fans DESPERATE for a ring.  ORLD tryna get there.  Bulls fans are hungry for another ring.  People want Steve Nash to get traded.....just so he can get a ring.  But for some reason, Bron fans are like "naw, they're no big deal, rings ain't nothin,......."
and nobody is calling durant a fraud for not having any, i mean, hes 0-2, right?
eyes.gif

are dallas fans calling dirk a pretender coward with no heart or ability to lead?

are people calling dwight howard a loser? he's 0-5, right? didn't they get swept up like a rug, too?
why no nickname like dwight coward?

are bulls fans calling rose a fake? a phony? isnt he 0-4?

Steve Nash, is he a loser? he doesnt have what it takes to win? hes not good enough to get a ring? he certainly doesnt belong at the table with people who won rings (although hes got two MVPS) he's definitely not ring-holder quality, right?

Bron fans?

roll.gif

Homie, not everyone that disagrees with you is a bron fan....also, just because you prefer kobe over bron doesnt mean that bron is any less talented or important to the success of whatever team he's on....nor does it mean a post highlighting the fact that the cavs won the most games in a two year period in the history of the NBA WITH lebron, then, months later, set the all-time professional SPORTS losing record ...not NBA losing record...IN ALL OF PROFESSIONAL SPORTS....is an outlet for you to disagree because you like kobe better...

you have an OPINION that rings are the end-all-be-all

people share your OPINION

but the FACT remains, winning an NBA championship is a TEAM EFFORT and ACCOMPLISHMENT

this post is specifically highlighting a single FACT about an INDIVIDUAL, being graded INDIVIDUALLY...

so, when discussing an INDIVIDUAL, bringing up a ring count IS a statistic that can be used in an argument, but i, personally, don't attribute much INDIVIDUAL worth to a ringcount, because, the ring is shared with every player who played even 1 second on the floor....

likewise, being bounced from the playoffs is a TEAM EFFORT...because, the ending of your season is shared with every player who played even 1 second on the floor...

when assigning BLAME for a loss or giving PRAISE for a win, you are going to look at the contributions each player made in that game.

if the team wins, and the "star" meets or exceeds his expected NIGHTLY contribution, he will recieve PRAISE, because, his contributions far outweigh any other individual's contributions....however, the WIN is the TEAMS shared PRIZE.....example. cavs win a game. bron scores 48 pts with 12 assists and 13 rebounds....who else desvers praise? the 7th man who scored 4 points (off lebron assists) and got 5 rebounds? On the other hand, when a star doesnt meet or exceed his expected NIGHTLY contribution, and the team loses the game. THE LOSS IS A SHARED CONSEQUENCE OF THE TEAM'S INFERIOR EFFORT, the star gets criticized for  having a bad game...or choking....(example? Dirk when the warriors swept them...HE underperformed as an INDIVIDUAL)

Now, when the team loses, BUT the star meets or exceeds his nightly contribution, while the LOSS is still a SHARED TEAM CONSEQUENCE OF INFERIOR PLAY, the INDIVIDUAL star did what was expected of him. Why in the world should the "star" be highlighted as the problem when he did what a star does...he performed in a manner that was expected of him.....OBVIOUSLY more blame MUST go on the OTHER players for a loss in which the star performs.....i mean, how much more does lebron have to do to be the best? does he have to literally DOUBLE his already amazing production? that was the only way cleveland was ever going to win $%!%....bron would have to average 50 pts a game, 20 assists a game and 15 rebounds per game....noone will ever do that...ever...hence UNFAIR CRITICISM...

only a !%*!#%% ******, or someone with hate in their heart can watch ANY lebron james game with the cavs and say "Lebron is the loser on the court"

ESPECIALLY if you're a Kobe fan, and didn't put him under the same scrutiny from 2003-2008....

Durant fans want a ring.  Dallas fans DESPERATE for a ring.  ORLD tryna get there.  Bulls fans are hungry for another ring.  People want Steve Nash to get traded.....just so he can get a ring.  But for some reason, Bron fans are like "naw, they're no big deal, rings ain't nothin,......."
and nobody is calling durant a fraud for not having any, i mean, hes 0-2, right?
eyes.gif

are dallas fans calling dirk a pretender coward with no heart or ability to lead?

are people calling dwight howard a loser? he's 0-5, right? didn't they get swept up like a rug, too?

Steve Nash, is he a loser? he doesnt have what it takes to win? hes not good enough to get a ring? he certainly doesnt belong at the table with people who won rings (although hes got two MVPS) he's definitely not ring-holder quality, right?

Bron fans?

roll.gif

Homie, not everyone that disagrees with you is a bron fan....also, just because you prefer kobe over bron doesnt mean that bron is any less talented or important to the success of whatever team he's on....nor does it mean a post highlighting the fact that the cavs won the most games in a two year period in the history of the NBA WITH lebron, then, months later, set the all-time professional SPORTS losing record ...not NBA losing record...IN ALL OF PROFESSIONAL SPORTS....is an outlet for you to disagree because you like kobe better...

but the FACT remains, winning an NBA championship is a TEAM EFFORT and ACCOMPLISHMENT

this post is specifically highlighting a single FACT about an INDIVIDUAL, being graded INDIVIDUALLY...

so, when discussing an INDIVIDUAL, bringing up a ring count IS a statistic that can be used in an argument, but i, personally, don't attribute much INDIVIDUAL worth to a ringcount, because, the ring is shared with every player who played even 1 second on the floor....

likewise, being bounced from the playoffs is a TEAM EFFORT...because, the ending of your season is shared with every player who played even 1 second on the floor...

when assigning BLAME for a loss or giving PRAISE for a win, you are going to look at the contributions each player made in that game.

if the team wins, and the "star" meets or exceeds his expected NIGHTLY contribution, he will recieve PRAISE, because, his contributions far outweigh any other individual's contributions....however, the WIN is the TEAMS shared PRIZE.....example. cavs win a game. bron scores 48 pts with 12 assists and 13 rebounds....who else desvers praise? the 7th man who scored 4 points (off lebron assists) and got 5 rebounds? On the other hand, when a star doesnt meet or exceed his expected NIGHTLY contribution, and the team loses the game. THE LOSS IS A SHARED CONSEQUENCE OF THE TEAM'S INFERIOR EFFORT, the star gets criticized for  having a bad game...or choking....(example? Dirk when the warriors swept them...HE underperformed as an INDIVIDUAL)

Now, when the team loses, BUT the star meets or exceeds his nightly contribution, while the LOSS is still a SHARED TEAM CONSEQUENCE OF INFERIOR PLAY, the INDIVIDUAL star did what was expected of him. Why in the world should the "star" be highlighted as the problem when he did what a star does...he performed in a manner that was expected of him.....OBVIOUSLY more blame MUST go on the OTHER players for a loss in which the star performs.....i mean, how much more does lebron have to do to be the best? does he have to literally DOUBLE his already amazing production? that was the only way cleveland was ever going to win $%!%....bron would have to average 50 pts a game, 20 assists a game and 15 rebounds per game....noone will ever do that...ever...hence UNFAIR CRITICISM...

only a !%*!#%% ******, or someone with hate in their heart can watch ANY lebron james game with the cavs and say "Lebron is the loser on the court"

ESPECIALLY if you're a Kobe fan, and didn't put him under the same scrutiny from 2003-2008....

Man, you said pick a player, and 4 Philip Seymour Hoffman type teammates.  I picked Kobe plus the 4, and said the NBA average guys would win.  That was exactly your question, and my answer.  The heck are you talkin about danced around? 
laugh.gif

adam morrison and brian scalabrine arent in the same stratosphere
Pretty clear no?  I said this, pretty damn clear.......I thought. 

by YOUR logic, ADAM AND BRIAN ARE BETTER, BECAUSE THEY WON RINGS. THEY ARE REAL WINNERS, WITH HEART AND DETERMINATION, BECAUSE THEYRE JUST AS RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR RINGS AS KOBE AND GARNETT
And then you put this. 
laugh.gif

What the blue @#$% are you talking about?  I said point blank, those other 2 dudes are BUMS.  They don't belong in any discussion, about anything.  What are you talking about, by MY logic.  I'm comparing elites, to elites.  Not scrubs to elites.  Be real at least. 

That's fair enough.  I disagree, I would think there are others that would also disagree, just as there will be others that will co-sign you.  I for one, don't put all my hope into regular season stats with no titles.  Maybe I'm way off base, but juding by the amount of attention that winning a ring gets, i don't think so. 

Listen to yourself.  99.9 percent of the people that matter care.  Why I didn't see the Offensive guards for the Packers being interviewed by all the radio and tv stations?  Why are there no threads talkin about them?  I didn't see any tweets on those guys.  99.9 though huh? 
laugh.gif
  Aaron was in every picture, every article, every story, every interview, he was everywhere.  I never seen an offensive guard say "I'm goin to Disneyland" either.  Why is that?  (OBVIOUSLY, the players are all important, all the way down to the kicker, but the masses don't give a damn about punters, linemen, fullbacks, etc, they want the STARS to show out.  If you can't grasp that, I can't help you)

Agreed.  I was using QB because it's a lonely position, they take the heat, and get the love for their teams, generally speaking they are the stars of their teams.  So I used them in comparison with a Lebron or Kobe being the main focal point of their NBA team.  If it's a bad analogy, my bad then. 

You keep on going, anyways, you mention positions dominating others.  Does LA not have Fish and Artest getting abused on a nightly basis?  3/5, and that's if you give Bynum the benefit of the doubt.  Is this, not the same as what you are saying about the Cavs, now Heat? 
nerd.gif

Again with that.  James, Magic.  What do they have in common?  Stars of their team.  Reggie, Adam.  What do they have in common?  Nothing.  Could you at least use 2 guys in similar stature? 
laugh.gif

YOU think adam morrison is better than reggie miller.....
False

Why did you do Kobe over Karl Malone?  Why is Tim Duncan a better PF then Karl Malone? 
Same with Reggie and Magic.  They don't have similar games, Bron and Magic are much closer, and even that is a stretch as one is a SF, and one a PG, but in terms of style or play, it's closer then Magic and Reggie. 
laugh.gif

Man, you said pick a player, and 4 Philip Seymour Hoffman type teammates.  I picked Kobe plus the 4, and said the NBA average guys would win.  That was exactly your question, and my answer.  The heck are you talkin about danced around? 
laugh.gif

by YOUR logic, ADAM AND BRIAN ARE BETTER, BECAUSE THEY WON RINGS. THEY ARE REAL WINNERS, WITH HEART AND DETERMINATION, BECAUSE THEYRE JUST AS RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR RINGS AS KOBE AND GARNETT
And then you put this. 
laugh.gif

What the blue @#$% are you talking about?  I said point blank, those other 2 dudes are BUMS.  They don't belong in any discussion, about anything.  What are you talking about, by MY logic.  I'm comparing elites, to elites.  Not scrubs to elites.  Be real at least. 

That's fair enough.  I disagree, I would think there are others that would also disagree, just as there will be others that will co-sign you.  I for one, don't put all my hope into regular season stats with no titles.  Maybe I'm way off base, but juding by the amount of attention that winning a ring gets, i don't think so. 

Listen to yourself.  99.9 percent of the people that matter care.  Why I didn't see the Offensive guards for the Packers being interviewed by all the radio and tv stations?  Why are there no threads talkin about them?  I didn't see any tweets on those guys.  99.9 though huh? 
laugh.gif
  Aaron was in every picture, every article, every story, every interview, he was everywhere.  I never seen an offensive guard say "I'm goin to Disneyland" either.  Why is that?  (OBVIOUSLY, the players are all important, all the way down to the kicker, but the masses don't give a damn about punters, linemen, fullbacks, etc, they want the STARS to show out.  If you can't grasp that, I can't help you)

Agreed.  I was using QB because it's a lonely position, they take the heat, and get the love for their teams, generally speaking they are the stars of their teams.  So I used them in comparison with a Lebron or Kobe being the main focal point of their NBA team.  If it's a bad analogy, my bad then. 

You keep on going, anyways, you mention positions dominating others.  Does LA not have Fish and Artest getting abused on a nightly basis?  3/5, and that's if you give Bynum the benefit of the doubt.  Is this, not the same as what you are saying about the Cavs, now Heat? 
nerd.gif

Again with that.  James, Magic.  What do they have in common?  Stars of their team.  Reggie, Adam.  What do they have in common?  Nothing.  Could you at least use 2 guys in similar stature? 
laugh.gif

False

Why did you do Kobe over Karl Malone?  Why is Tim Duncan a better PF then Karl Malone? 
Same with Reggie and Magic.  They don't have similar games, Bron and Magic are much closer, and even that is a stretch as one is a SF, and one a PG, but in terms of style or play, it's closer then Magic and Reggie. 
laugh.gif

eNPHAN is the guy at the comedy club who screams really loud into the mic, making a lot of crazy noises and sounds, and then doubles over in laughter at his own jokes. Meanwhile, the crowd is utterly confused at what's happening.

eNPHAN is the guy at the comedy club who screams really loud into the mic, making a lot of crazy noises and sounds, and then doubles over in laughter at his own jokes. Meanwhile, the crowd is utterly confused at what's happening.

eNPHAN wrote:
eyes.gif

Bron fans?

roll.gif

I agree with a lot of this post.  Easily the best one you have had. 

I do call Nash a loser.......
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

D12, Durant and Rose are kids still. 

Bron in his 8th year, I'm sort of tired of waiting, ya know?  And I have said, maybe he gets there, maybe he doesn't, we'll see. 

And Dirk gets a lot of heat, but not as much as Bron, possibly because we don't have Dirk in our face all the time. 

The credit and the blame will always be on the star, always has been that way, always will be that way. 

TMac went thru all this same stuff, ol boy couldn't get out the first round.  It still hangs over his head, always will. 

VC, career loser. 

I get what you sayin about team and all that, but when it comes down to it, people will look at career achievements, and without wins, they will give hate.  Tell me you've never clowned on TMac or Vince.  For as much as someone may get mad at me for saying something about Bron, I say the same things about Nash.  (trust me) 

If you don't value rings, that's fine, agree to disagree, but to me, rings matter more then anything.  Always will. @#$% Kobe haters go nuts about 6-24 like they holdin on for dear life, bottom line is the ring.  No matter how he got it.  If he was saved in game 7, that's fine, those teammates that saved him wouldn't be in a game 7 to begin with, if not for Kobe.  It works both ways in a TEAM sport.  Right? 

eNPHAN wrote:
eyes.gif

Bron fans?

roll.gif

I agree with a lot of this post.  Easily the best one you have had. 

I do call Nash a loser.......
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

D12, Durant and Rose are kids still. 

Bron in his 8th year, I'm sort of tired of waiting, ya know?  And I have said, maybe he gets there, maybe he doesn't, we'll see. 

And Dirk gets a lot of heat, but not as much as Bron, possibly because we don't have Dirk in our face all the time. 

The credit and the blame will always be on the star, always has been that way, always will be that way. 

TMac went thru all this same stuff, ol boy couldn't get out the first round.  It still hangs over his head, always will. 

VC, career loser. 

I get what you sayin about team and all that, but when it comes down to it, people will look at career achievements, and without wins, they will give hate.  Tell me you've never clowned on TMac or Vince.  For as much as someone may get mad at me for saying something about Bron, I say the same things about Nash.  (trust me) 

If you don't value rings, that's fine, agree to disagree, but to me, rings matter more then anything.  Always will. @#$% Kobe haters go nuts about 6-24 like they holdin on for dear life, bottom line is the ring.  No matter how he got it.  If he was saved in game 7, that's fine, those teammates that saved him wouldn't be in a game 7 to begin with, if not for Kobe.  It works both ways in a TEAM sport.  Right? 

The point of the post was to have two teams: one with Kobe and four players who suck at basketball, and the other with NBA players. Then you pick TEAM you want. Then pick ONE player from either team. You misunderstood the post.

But it seems you would pick Kobe as your player, and pick the NBA team to win. See what you did there though? Clearly, you were able to make the distinction between picking the best player and the best team. Now, say Kobe goes bananas and scores all of his team's points (the other guys were busy hitting shots off the backboard) and ALSO doesn't let his man score on him - and his team loses by one. That's definitely Kobe's fault, and his team not winning the game is indicative of how HE played in the game. Right?

This is an exaggeration of course, but the basic idea is the same in the pros. Whether you're talking about a scrub player or a great player, they aren't on EQUAL TEAMS. It makes comparing them by the team accomplishment of a win meaningless."The credit and the blame will always be on the star, always has been that way, always will be that way."And it's flawed thinking to begin with. A smart person looks to correct flaws, not continue to adopt them.

The point of the post was to have two teams: one with Kobe and four players who suck at basketball, and the other with NBA players. Then you pick TEAM you want. Then pick ONE player from either team. You misunderstood the post.

But it seems you would pick Kobe as your player, and pick the NBA team to win. See what you did there though? Clearly, you were able to make the distinction between picking the best player and the best team. Now, say Kobe goes bananas and scores all of his team's points (the other guys were busy hitting shots off the backboard) and ALSO doesn't let his man score on him - and his team loses by one. That's definitely Kobe's fault, and his team not winning the game is indicative of how HE played in the game. Right?

This is an exaggeration of course, but the basic idea is the same in the pros. Whether you're talking about a scrub player or a great player, they aren't on EQUAL TEAMS. It makes comparing them by the team accomplishment of a win meaningless."The credit and the blame will always be on the star, always has been that way, always will be that way."And it's flawed thinking to begin with. A smart person looks to correct flaws, not continue to adopt them.

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif

And then you put this. 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

False

laugh.gif

sigh. you're slow.

And then you put this. 
laugh.gif

you're so geeked to quote me and argue, you're not even reading english sentences as complete thoughts.

following your logic, that a ring is the end-all-be-all to professional athletic careers...

ADAM MORRISON IS BETTER THAN LEBRON JAMES, BECAUSE HE HAS A RING AND LEBRON DOES NOT..

that's YOUR logic...

dude, i rank players by their ability to play basketball.

pick up game, one-on-one, international, high school, college, NBA....

a hooper is a hooper, a bum is a bum, a role player is a role player, a legend is a legend...

that has nothing to do with how many games you win or lose, how many rings you do or dont have, how many MVPs you win, all star games, dunk contests, none of that...

it has to do with how well you play the game of basketball.

the amount of attention winning a ring gets? look at the amount of attention brittany spears and lindsey lohan get? since when does something being "attention-grabbing" mean it has importance?

laugh.gif

again, so eager to quote me and argue, you didnt even read the complete sentence.... "99.9 percent of people that matter, IN THE NFL, care"

owners, coaches, training staffs, GMs, personel, player developers and scouts....ALL care about the offensive guard....THOSE PEOPLE MATTER, YOUR OPINION DOES NOT MATTER ON THE SUBJECT, THE MEDIA'S OPINION DOESNT MATTER ON THE SUBJECT, WHO MAKES THE COVER OF SPORTS ILLUSTRATED DOESNT MATTER ON THE SUBJECT

read the whole sentence, guy....

you more eager to throw shots than kobe.....

and even following that logic, Dan Marino has never been called a loser by ANYBODY in the NFL....he never won a ring. He will go into the hall-of-fame and will forever be regarded as one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time....

you're looking at Dan Marino, as a nobody, and saying he's an inferior quarterback....he somehow wasnt good enough to win a ring, so he's not great...

nerd.gif

again, every argument isn't a chance for you to say something about the lakers. you're a laker's fan, i get it. great.

Pau dominates his position 9/10 times, kobe dominates his position 10/10 times, fisher, while bummy, is a solid point guard who consistantly does his best to LIMIT being dominated...(let me explain, mo williams went 2-18 against "fisher" (his position).....) Bynum wins his matchup more times than not....the combo of barnes, artest and odom win their matchup consistantly enough for the lakers to enjoy alot of wins, no?

the lakers CLEARLY have the best roster in the NBA.....
laugh.gif
, you're trying to compare them to the worst professional sports team in the HISTORY of professional sports.....like i said, arguing the inverse just to "get me"

there is absolutely NO WAY you believe the lakers are in the same shape as the Cavs....there is absolutely NO WAY you think the Lakers have a weaker COMPLETE ROSTER than the heat.....there is absolutely NO WAY someone of sound mind and body can make that statement...stop it 5

URL]

False

URL]

you're right, adam and reggie have NOTHING in common, because adam has that RING, boy....and reggie, does not.

ADAM MORRISON > REGGIE MILLER

Kobe over malone? Kobe maybe the best pure scorer in the history of the NBA......he's more exciting? he's a more dynamic player than Karl Malone?

you know, Karl Malone cant even dribble, right? most turnovers of all time......and youre asking me WHY i picked Kobe over Karl?

URL]
, just arguing with me because you dont like Lebron!

Why is Tim Duncan better than Malone? Size......Intelligence....i mean, they're both boring as +$$* to watch.....while Timmy DID have robinson and alot of other great teammates, he never had stockton practically handing him the ball for a layup or open jumper 98 percent of the time, either...oh, and tim duncan doesnt turn the ball over 5 times a game, as well....

Bron and Magic are much closer, and even that is a stretch as one is a SF, and one a PG,
and with this gem, i quit. You won, bro. Its a strech to compare lebron to magic cause magic was a pg and lebron is a sf....

nevermind that they're BOTH 6'8", BOTH extremely strong and large, BOTH handle the ball a majority of the time, BOTH run the offense, BOTH set up players for shots, BOTH make their teammates expoentially better, BOTH quite unstopable scoring machines, BOTH very intelligent players, BOTH basically playing out of position....bruh, magic was the precursor to lebron...they're LITERALLY mirror images of each other....except bron is stronger, faster, can jump higher -can shoot better and plays MUCH BETTER TALENT IN A MUCH STRONGER LEAUGE....yeah, i said it, he can shoot better.

i really couldnt imagine bron actually running point guard...his numbers would probably be crazier than they are now....teams wouldnt even be able to PLAY their point guards....

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif

And then you put this. 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

False

laugh.gif

sigh. you're slow.

And then you put this. 
laugh.gif

you're so geeked to quote me and argue, you're not even reading english sentences as complete thoughts.

following your logic, that a ring is the end-all-be-all to professional athletic careers...

ADAM MORRISON IS BETTER THAN LEBRON JAMES, BECAUSE HE HAS A RING AND LEBRON DOES NOT..

that's YOUR logic...

dude, i rank players by their ability to play basketball.

pick up game, one-on-one, international, high school, college, NBA....

a hooper is a hooper, a bum is a bum, a role player is a role player, a legend is a legend...

that has nothing to do with how many games you win or lose, how many rings you do or dont have, how many MVPs you win, all star games, dunk contests, none of that...

it has to do with how well you play the game of basketball.

the amount of attention winning a ring gets? look at the amount of attention brittany spears and lindsey lohan get? since when does something being "attention-grabbing" mean it has importance?

laugh.gif

again, so eager to quote me and argue, you didnt even read the complete sentence.... "99.9 percent of people that matter, IN THE NFL, care"

owners, coaches, training staffs, GMs, personel, player developers and scouts....ALL care about the offensive guard....THOSE PEOPLE MATTER, YOUR OPINION DOES NOT MATTER ON THE SUBJECT, THE MEDIA'S OPINION DOESNT MATTER ON THE SUBJECT, WHO MAKES THE COVER OF SPORTS ILLUSTRATED DOESNT MATTER ON THE SUBJECT

read the whole sentence, guy....

you more eager to throw shots than kobe.....

and even following that logic, Dan Marino has never been called a loser by ANYBODY in the NFL....he never won a ring. He will go into the hall-of-fame and will forever be regarded as one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time....

you're looking at Dan Marino, as a nobody, and saying he's an inferior quarterback....he somehow wasnt good enough to win a ring, so he's not great...

nerd.gif

again, every argument isn't a chance for you to say something about the lakers. you're a laker's fan, i get it. great.

Pau dominates his position 9/10 times, kobe dominates his position 10/10 times, fisher, while bummy, is a solid point guard who consistantly does his best to LIMIT being dominated...(let me explain, mo williams went 2-18 against "fisher" (his position).....) Bynum wins his matchup more times than not....the combo of barnes, artest and odom win their matchup consistantly enough for the lakers to enjoy alot of wins, no?

the lakers CLEARLY have the best roster in the NBA.....
laugh.gif
, you're trying to compare them to the worst professional sports team in the HISTORY of professional sports.....like i said, arguing the inverse just to "get me"

there is absolutely NO WAY you believe the lakers are in the same shape as the Cavs....there is absolutely NO WAY you think the Lakers have a weaker COMPLETE ROSTER than the heat.....there is absolutely NO WAY someone of sound mind and body can make that statement...stop it 5

URL]

False

URL]

you're right, adam and reggie have NOTHING in common, because adam has that RING, boy....and reggie, does not.

ADAM MORRISON > REGGIE MILLER

Kobe over malone? Kobe maybe the best pure scorer in the history of the NBA......he's more exciting? he's a more dynamic player than Karl Malone?

you know, Karl Malone cant even dribble, right? most turnovers of all time......and youre asking me WHY i picked Kobe over Karl?

URL]
, just arguing with me because you dont like Lebron!

Why is Tim Duncan better than Malone? Size......Intelligence....i mean, they're both boring as +$$* to watch.....while Timmy DID have robinson and alot of other great teammates, he never had stockton practically handing him the ball for a layup or open jumper 98 percent of the time, either...oh, and tim duncan doesnt turn the ball over 5 times a game, as well....

Bron and Magic are much closer, and even that is a stretch as one is a SF, and one a PG,
and with this gem, i quit. You won, bro. Its a strech to compare lebron to magic cause magic was a pg and lebron is a sf....

nevermind that they're BOTH 6'8", BOTH extremely strong and large, BOTH handle the ball a majority of the time, BOTH run the offense, BOTH set up players for shots, BOTH make their teammates expoentially better, BOTH quite unstopable scoring machines, BOTH very intelligent players, BOTH basically playing out of position....bruh, magic was the precursor to lebron...they're LITERALLY mirror images of each other....except bron is stronger, faster, can jump higher -can shoot better and plays MUCH BETTER TALENT IN A MUCH STRONGER LEAUGE....yeah, i said it, he can shoot better.

i really couldnt imagine bron actually running point guard...his numbers would probably be crazier than they are now....teams wouldnt even be able to PLAY their point guards....

Originally Posted by fearthenut

no, i'm the guy getting
pimp.gif
 and "best post of the year!" and cool .gifs posted

YOURE the guy upset, pouting because another man you'll never meet rejected you and your city...

Bron in his 8th year, I'm sort of tired of waiting, ya know? 
bruh, if ANYBODY feels you, EYE feel you.....i literally only want to see bron win a ring so his CRITICS CAN SHUT THE %%+# UP....

which is why i didnt feel anyway about the miami thing.....he wants to shut them up, too....

if he had a ring, not ONE person talking %!%% in this thread would be in it talking %!%% because EVERY argument hinges on the fact that he hasnt won a ring...

VC, career loser. 
tmac had 20000000 times the talent lebron had....dirk too.....Vince and Tmac shoulda stayed together, anyway. They werent "stars" but were brought in and expected to be those stars....i think it was unfair to the both of them, but EH, who cares?

but to me, rings matter more then anything.
yet, you wont admit that you think adam morrison is better than reggie miller?

eyes.gif

That's definitely Kobe's fault, and his team not winning the game is indicative of how HE played in the game. Right?
using his logic, he HAS to agree with you, OR, like ive BEEN saying, dude is just arguing the inverse to oppose lebron support....he doesnt even believe the stuff he's saying in here....it's one or the other...

Back
Top Bottom