Okay, can we FINALLY admit.....

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

"Simple.  All those passes Bron makes to 4 bums wouldn't do any good vs 5 decent NBA'ers."

Damn. Like, I didn't even mention LeBron's name at ALL in that post
roll.gif
What the hell are you talking about?

Your reading comprehension is atrocious. You can't keep up with an argument much less ARGUE one.
laugh.gif
 God damn.  We're in a Lebron thread, and you asked which player I would choose, I gave you my answer, then mentioned why I would take him over Bron. 

Sorry for mentioning Bron's name in a Bron thread.  My bad.  
laugh.gif

why still argue?

lebron > kobe since 2006-7

gap is not there. dont waste your time...lol

more interesting thread would be wade vs kobe vs durant

why still argue?

lebron > kobe since 2006-7

gap is not there. dont waste your time...lol

more interesting thread would be wade vs kobe vs durant

"Simple.  All those passes Bron makes to 4 bums wouldn't do any good vs 5 decent NBA'ers."

roll.gif

Your reading comprehension is atrocious. You can't keep up with an argument much less ARGUE one.
laugh.gif
 God damn.  We're in a Lebron thread, and you asked which player I would choose, I gave you my answer, then mentioned why I would take him over Bron. 

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

but, they have rings, and rings mean everything.

these are direct quotes.

it may not have been you, but SOMEBODY made a reference to the importance of the 12th man who played zero minutes....

i argue that a RING is a RING.....Kobe has the same ring Adam does....same exact ring....Kobe's ring doesnt say "validity for the elite" while adam's says "he was the 12th man and didnt play"

they were both NBA champions TOGETHER....

which IS THE WHOLE POINT OF ME NOT AGREEING WITH YOUR "RINGS MEAN EVERYTHING" MINDSET

not because i happen to like Lebron James and he doesn't have a ring, NOR because im not a big fan of Kobe Bryant and he has 5 rings, get it?

its a team reward for team effort....

which is why we have INDIVIDUAL AWARDS FOR INDIVIDUAL MERIT

like i said, tho, once he wins the first ring, THEN what argument yall gonna have?

you said "hes 0-7" Jordan was 0-6...were people calling Jordan witty nicknames that play off his name? NO.

like i said, bron comes under more scrunity and critcism than any player before him...

most of it is completely unwarranted...dude in here said he doesnt appreciate his talent because he doesnt like him as a person....ROFL

that alone gives validity to my claims as him being the best...

dude could get a quadruple double and somebody would say "he coulda shot more 3s" or "He shoulda got 10 blocks, too, then he woulda had a 5-double...." i dont even know the word for that...
People called out Jordan FOR YEARS until he won a ring.  FOR YEARS.  Maybe you should look that up. 
wink.gif

And if you think Kobe and Adam have the "same" ring. I don't know what to tell you.  I disagree.  But if you think it's the same, fine.  Adam played not one second.  If that's the same as Kobe, or Pau, or Derek Fisher, or even Jordan Farmar, then I dunno.........

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

but, they have rings, and rings mean everything.

these are direct quotes.

it may not have been you, but SOMEBODY made a reference to the importance of the 12th man who played zero minutes....

i argue that a RING is a RING.....Kobe has the same ring Adam does....same exact ring....Kobe's ring doesnt say "validity for the elite" while adam's says "he was the 12th man and didnt play"

they were both NBA champions TOGETHER....

which IS THE WHOLE POINT OF ME NOT AGREEING WITH YOUR "RINGS MEAN EVERYTHING" MINDSET

not because i happen to like Lebron James and he doesn't have a ring, NOR because im not a big fan of Kobe Bryant and he has 5 rings, get it?

its a team reward for team effort....

which is why we have INDIVIDUAL AWARDS FOR INDIVIDUAL MERIT

like i said, tho, once he wins the first ring, THEN what argument yall gonna have?

you said "hes 0-7" Jordan was 0-6...were people calling Jordan witty nicknames that play off his name? NO.

like i said, bron comes under more scrunity and critcism than any player before him...

most of it is completely unwarranted...dude in here said he doesnt appreciate his talent because he doesnt like him as a person....ROFL

that alone gives validity to my claims as him being the best...

dude could get a quadruple double and somebody would say "he coulda shot more 3s" or "He shoulda got 10 blocks, too, then he woulda had a 5-double...." i dont even know the word for that...
People called out Jordan FOR YEARS until he won a ring.  FOR YEARS.  Maybe you should look that up. 
wink.gif

And if you think Kobe and Adam have the "same" ring. I don't know what to tell you.  I disagree.  But if you think it's the same, fine.  Adam played not one second.  If that's the same as Kobe, or Pau, or Derek Fisher, or even Jordan Farmar, then I dunno.........

Originally Posted by CP1708

roll.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I never asked you about Bron in that post though. At all.As to what you said earlier, you said you would pick Kobe over those players I referred to in my question about NBA players and "Polly" players, because he would give you the best chance to win. And guess what? You'd be right to do that...the only problem is that also contradicts everything to were taking about in this thread.If Kobe and his YMCA scrubs played for the city championship against those NBA players, and the NBA team wins, would you still pick Kobe among everyone who plays if you wanted an individual player for a team? Why? He would be on the LOSING TEAM right? It would make more sense to pick one of the average NBA players on the winning team over Kobe...

roll.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I never asked you about Bron in that post though. At all.As to what you said earlier, you said you would pick Kobe over those players I referred to in my question about NBA players and "Polly" players, because he would give you the best chance to win. And guess what? You'd be right to do that...the only problem is that also contradicts everything to were taking about in this thread.If Kobe and his YMCA scrubs played for the city championship against those NBA players, and the NBA team wins, would you still pick Kobe among everyone who plays if you wanted an individual player for a team? Why? He would be on the LOSING TEAM right? It would make more sense to pick one of the average NBA players on the winning team over Kobe...

these arguments are redundant.

ill put it like this, you can make legit arguments and valid cases for both lebron and kobe being better then eachother and both sides will use some sort of faulty logic to dismiss the other sides legit opinion and facts that they stated. the point is neither kobe or lebron is hands down way better then the other one so it's going to be debated over and over again.

at the end of the day if lebron ends up being better then kobe so be it, i could care less as long as the Los Angeles Lakers keep winning more titles.

these arguments are redundant.

ill put it like this, you can make legit arguments and valid cases for both lebron and kobe being better then eachother and both sides will use some sort of faulty logic to dismiss the other sides legit opinion and facts that they stated. the point is neither kobe or lebron is hands down way better then the other one so it's going to be debated over and over again.

at the end of the day if lebron ends up being better then kobe so be it, i could care less as long as the Los Angeles Lakers keep winning more titles.

roll.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I never asked you about Bron in that post though. At all. As to what you said earlier, you said you would pick Kobe over those players I referred to in my question about NBA players and "Polly" players, because he would give you the best chance to win. And guess what? You'd be right to do that...the only problem is that also contradicts everything to were taking about in this thread. If Kobe and his YMCA scrubs played for the city championship against those NBA players, and the NBA team wins, would you still pick Kobe among everyone who plays if you wanted an individual player for a team? Why? He would be on the LOSING TEAM right? It would make more sense to pick one of the average NBA players on the winning team over Kobe...

Ok, now I think I see what you're saying.  You said "average" NBA players though.  5 average NBA players, vs Kobe and 4 Pollys.  So the 5 NBA guys would win the game, but Kobe would be the player to choose because he is not "average".  

I love Robert Horry to death, he's not in the same ballpark as a player that Kobe or Lebron are.  Rings matter more then anything, as I have stated 15 times, elite v elite.  Despite what is being said FOR me in this thread, nobody is drafting Robert Horry before Lebron James. 
laugh.gif
  I've never in my life said Robert Horry was better then MJ.  But if you have two elite players and are trying to decide between the two, taking the proven winner is not as foolhardy as being made to believe.  I assumed everyone understood we're talking legends in here, MJ, Magic, Kobe, Bron, etc etc, never did I think I would see Adam Morrison, and Brian Scalabrine come up so much. 
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

I hope that answers your question.  God I hope so. 
laugh.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I never asked you about Bron in that post though. At all. As to what you said earlier, you said you would pick Kobe over those players I referred to in my question about NBA players and "Polly" players, because he would give you the best chance to win. And guess what? You'd be right to do that...the only problem is that also contradicts everything to were taking about in this thread. If Kobe and his YMCA scrubs played for the city championship against those NBA players, and the NBA team wins, would you still pick Kobe among everyone who plays if you wanted an individual player for a team? Why? He would be on the LOSING TEAM right? It would make more sense to pick one of the average NBA players on the winning team over Kobe...

Ok, now I think I see what you're saying.  You said "average" NBA players though.  5 average NBA players, vs Kobe and 4 Pollys.  So the 5 NBA guys would win the game, but Kobe would be the player to choose because he is not "average".  

I love Robert Horry to death, he's not in the same ballpark as a player that Kobe or Lebron are.  Rings matter more then anything, as I have stated 15 times, elite v elite.  Despite what is being said FOR me in this thread, nobody is drafting Robert Horry before Lebron James. 
laugh.gif
  I've never in my life said Robert Horry was better then MJ.  But if you have two elite players and are trying to decide between the two, taking the proven winner is not as foolhardy as being made to believe.  I assumed everyone understood we're talking legends in here, MJ, Magic, Kobe, Bron, etc etc, never did I think I would see Adam Morrison, and Brian Scalabrine come up so much. 
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

I hope that answers your question.  God I hope so. 
laugh.gif

And the point continues to fly over ya damn head.

You have a great player, and two teams with overall UNEQUAL talent and production. The average NBA players winning that game does NOT tell you how how any individual in that game played. The fact that I used average NBA players as an example is actually irrelevant - it was simply used to help clarify this important fact for your ignorant mind to understand.

THIS IS NO DIFFERENT FOR ELITE PLAYERS, BECAUSE THEY STILL HAVE TO PLAY ON A TEAM. By comparing rings as you've doing all along, you're implicity assuming that elites play with the same supporting casts around them, which is obviously false. They're not trotting the same teams out there. Just as you can't talk about Morrsion's rings without looking at who he played with, it's no different with Kobe or anyone else when comparing him with LBJ or anyone else. It fails to account for other players who also made a significant contribution (or lack thereof) to their team.

But once again, you bring up "ring count" as if Kobe and Bron and whomever else you want to name play with the same players. If that's the case, you wouldn't have a problem if Jerry West called up Dan Gilbert and swapped Kobe's teammates for the Cavs right now, would you? And you also wouldn't complain if that squad got whipped by the Celtics in a seven-game series, and then blame Kobe for not, as you would say, "getting it done" with a squad that has lost 20-something games in a row.
laugh.gif

TOTAL TEAM PRODUCTION = RINGS.

You have a great player, and two teams with overall UNEQUAL talent and production. The average NBA players winning that game does NOT tell you how how any individual in that game played. The fact that I used average NBA players as an example is actually irrelevant - it was simply used to help clarify this important fact for your ignorant mind to understand.

THIS IS NO DIFFERENT FOR ELITE PLAYERS, BECAUSE THEY STILL HAVE TO PLAY ON A TEAM. By comparing rings as you've doing all along, you're implicity assuming that elites play with the same supporting casts around them, which is obviously false. They're not trotting the same teams out there. Just as you can't talk about Morrsion's rings without looking at who he played with, it's no different with Kobe or anyone else when comparing him with LBJ or anyone else. It fails to account for other players who also made a significant contribution (or lack thereof) to their team.

But once again, you bring up "ring count" as if Kobe and Bron and whomever else you want to name play with the same players. If that's the case, you wouldn't have a problem if Jerry West called up Dan Gilbert and swapped Kobe's teammates for the Cavs right now, would you? And you also wouldn't complain if that squad got whipped by the Celtics in a seven-game series, and then blame Kobe for not, as you would say, "getting it done" with a squad that has lost 20-something games in a row.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

imma let my yung bol handle my light work
roll.gif

laugh.gif

imma let my yung bol handle my light work
roll.gif

last question, sans the Pistons, can we name one team in the last decade that DIDNT have AT LEAST two hall of famers?

honest question, i can't think of any...

(and the pistons have some bubble HOF dudes;they were the most "complete" team)

actually, imma post em for you, im not sure which of these teams didn't have AT LEAST two HOFers

2009-10
Los Angeles Lakers
Boston Celtics
4-3
Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles

2008-09
Los Angeles Lakers
Orlando Magic
4-1
Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles

2007-08
Boston Celtics
Los Angeles Lakers
4-2
Paul Pierce, Boston

2006-07
San Antonio Spurs
Cleveland Cavaliers
4-0
Tony Parker, San Antonio

2005-06
Miami Heat
Dallas Mavericks
4-2
Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat

2004-05
San Antonio Spurs
Detroit Pistons
4-3
Tim Duncan, San Antonio

2003-04
Detroit Pistons
Los Angeles Lakers
4-1
Chauncey Billups, Detroit Pistons

2002-03
San Antonio Spurs
New Jersey Nets
4-2
Tim Duncan, San Antonio

2001-02
Los Angeles Lakers
New Jersey Nets
4-0
Shaquille O'Neal, Los Angeles

2000-01
Los Angeles Lakers
Philadelphia 76ers
4-1

1999-00
Los Angeles Lakers
Indiana Pacers
4-2

1998-99
San Antonio Spurs
New York Knicks
4-1
Tim Duncan, San Antonio

1997-98
Chicago Bulls
Utah Jazz
4-2
Michael Jordan, Chicago

1996-97
Chicago Bulls
Utah Jazz
4-2
Michael Jordan, Chicago

1995-96
Chicago Bulls
Seattle SuperSonics
4-2
Michael Jordan, Chicago

1994-95
Houston Rockets
Orlando Magic
4-0
Hakeem Olajuwon, Houston

1993-94
Houston Rockets
New York Knicks
4-3
Hakeem Olajuwon, Houston

1992-93
Chicago Bulls
Phoenix Suns
4-2
Michael Jordan, Chicago

1991-92
Chicago Bulls
Portland Trail Blazers
4-2
Michael Jordan, Chicago

1990-91
Chicago Bulls
Los Angeles Lakers
4-1
Michael Jordan, Chicago

1989-90
Detroit Pistons
Portland Trail Blazers
4-1
Isiah Thomas, Detroit

1988-89
Detroit Pistons
Los Angeles Lakers
4-0
Joe Dumars, Detroit

1987-88
Los Angeles Lakers
Detroit Pistons
4-3
James Worthy, Los Angeles

1986-87
Los Angeles Lakers
Boston Celtics
4-2
Magic Johnson, Los Angeles

1985-86
Boston Celtics
Houston Rockets
4-2
Larry Bird, Boston

1984-85
Los Angeles Lakers
Boston Celtics
4-2
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Los Angeles

1983-84
Boston Celtics
Los Angeles Lakers
4-3
Larry Bird, Boston

1982-83
Philadelphia 76ers
Los Angeles Lakers
4-0
Moses Malone, Philadelphia

1981-82
Los Angeles Lakers
Philadelphia 76ers
4-2

1980-81
Boston Celtics
Houston Rockets
4-2
Cedric Maxwell, Boston

1979-80
Los Angeles Lakers
Philadelphia 76ers
4-2

1978-79
Seattle SuperSonics
Washington Bullets
4-1
Dennis Johnson, Seattle

1977-78
Washington Bullets
Seattle SuperSonics
4-3
Wes Unseld, Washington

1976-77
Portland Trail Blazers
Philadelphia 76ers
4-2
Bill Walton, Portland

1975-76
Boston Celtics
Phoenix Suns
4-2
Jo Jo White, Boston

1974-75
Golden State Warriors
Washington Bullets
4-0
Rick Barry, Golden State

1973-74
Boston Celtics
Milwaukee Bucks
4-3
John Havlicek, Boston

1972-73
New York Knicks
Los Angeles Lakers
4-1
Willis Reed, New York

1971-72
Los Angeles Lakers
New York Knicks
4-1
Wilt Chamberlain, Los Angeles

1970-71
Milwaukee Bucks
Baltimore Bullets
4-0
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Milwaukee

1969-70
New York Knicks
Los Angeles Lakers
4-3
Willis Reed, New York

1968-69
Boston Celtics
Los Angeles Lakers
4-3
Jerry West, Los Angeles

1967-68
Boston Celtics
Los Angeles Lakers
4-2

1966-67
Philadelphia 76ers
San Francisco Warriors
4-2

1965-66
Boston Celtics
Los Angeles Lakers
4-3

1964-65
Boston Celtics
Los Angeles Lakers
4-1

1963-64
Boston Celtics
San Francisco Warriors
4-1

1962-63
Boston Celtics
Los Angeles Lakers
4-2

1961-62
Boston Celtics
Los Angeles Lakers
4-3

1960-61
Boston Celtics
St. Louis Hawks
4-1

1959-60
Boston Celtics
St. Louis Hawks
4-3

1958-59
Boston Celtics
Minneapolis Lakers
4-0

1957-58
St. Louis Hawks
Boston Celtics
4-2

1956-57
Boston Celtics
St. Louis Hawks
4-3

1955-56
Philadelphia Warriors
Fort Wayne Pistons
4-1

1954-55
Syracuse Nationals
Fort Wayne Pistons
4-3

1953-54
Minneapolis Lakers
Syracuse Nationals
4-3

1952-53
Minneapolis Lakers
New York Knicks
4-1

1951-52
Minneapolis Lakers
New York Knicks
4-3

1950-51
Rochester Royals
New York Knicks
4-3

1949-50
Minneapolis Lakers
Syracuse Nationals
4-2

1948-49
Minneapolis Lakers
Washington Capitols
4-2

1947-48
Baltimore Bullets
Philadelphia Warriors
4-2

1946-47
Philadelphia Warriors
Chicago Stags
4-1

but, i suppose the inverse argument you're going to respond with is going to be "because they won rings," right?
also, 
roll.gif
@2003-2004

"they didnt get swept, tho"

laugh.gif

last question, sans the Pistons, can we name one team in the last decade that DIDNT have AT LEAST two hall of famers?

honest question, i can't think of any...

(and the pistons have some bubble HOF dudes;they were the most "complete" team)

actually, imma post em for you, im not sure which of these teams didn't have AT LEAST two HOFers

2009-10
Los Angeles Lakers
Boston Celtics
4-3
Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles

2008-09
Los Angeles Lakers
Orlando Magic
4-1
Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles

2007-08
Boston Celtics
Los Angeles Lakers
4-2
Paul Pierce, Boston

2006-07
San Antonio Spurs
Cleveland Cavaliers
4-0
Tony Parker, San Antonio

2005-06
Miami Heat
Dallas Mavericks
4-2
Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat

2004-05
San Antonio Spurs
Detroit Pistons
4-3
Tim Duncan, San Antonio

2003-04
Detroit Pistons
Los Angeles Lakers
4-1
Chauncey Billups, Detroit Pistons

2002-03
San Antonio Spurs
New Jersey Nets
4-2
Tim Duncan, San Antonio

2001-02
Los Angeles Lakers
New Jersey Nets
4-0

2000-01
Los Angeles Lakers
Philadelphia 76ers
4-1

1999-00
Los Angeles Lakers
Indiana Pacers
4-2

1998-99
San Antonio Spurs
New York Knicks
4-1
Tim Duncan, San Antonio

1997-98
Chicago Bulls
Utah Jazz
4-2
Michael Jordan, Chicago

1996-97
Chicago Bulls
Utah Jazz
4-2
Michael Jordan, Chicago

1995-96
Chicago Bulls
Seattle SuperSonics
4-2
Michael Jordan, Chicago

1994-95
Houston Rockets
Orlando Magic
4-0
Hakeem Olajuwon, Houston

1993-94
Houston Rockets
New York Knicks
4-3
Hakeem Olajuwon, Houston

1992-93
Chicago Bulls
Phoenix Suns
4-2
Michael Jordan, Chicago

1991-92
Chicago Bulls
Portland Trail Blazers
4-2
Michael Jordan, Chicago

1990-91
Chicago Bulls
Los Angeles Lakers
4-1
Michael Jordan, Chicago

1989-90
Detroit Pistons
Portland Trail Blazers
4-1
Isiah Thomas, Detroit

1988-89
Detroit Pistons
Los Angeles Lakers
4-0
Joe Dumars, Detroit

1987-88
Los Angeles Lakers
Detroit Pistons
4-3
James Worthy, Los Angeles

1986-87
Los Angeles Lakers
Boston Celtics
4-2

1985-86
Boston Celtics
Houston Rockets
4-2
Larry Bird, Boston

1984-85
Los Angeles Lakers
Boston Celtics
4-2
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Los Angeles

1983-84
Boston Celtics
Los Angeles Lakers
4-3
Larry Bird, Boston

1982-83
Philadelphia 76ers
Los Angeles Lakers
4-0
Moses Malone, Philadelphia

1981-82
Los Angeles Lakers
Philadelphia 76ers
4-2

1980-81
Boston Celtics
Houston Rockets
4-2
Cedric Maxwell, Boston

1979-80
Los Angeles Lakers
Philadelphia 76ers
4-2

1978-79
Seattle SuperSonics
Washington Bullets
4-1
Dennis Johnson, Seattle

1977-78
Washington Bullets
Seattle SuperSonics
4-3
Wes Unseld, Washington

1976-77
Portland Trail Blazers
Philadelphia 76ers
4-2
Bill Walton, Portland

1975-76
Boston Celtics
Phoenix Suns
4-2
Jo Jo White, Boston

1974-75
Golden State Warriors
Washington Bullets
4-0
Rick Barry, Golden State

1973-74
Boston Celtics
Milwaukee Bucks
4-3
John Havlicek, Boston

1972-73
New York Knicks
Los Angeles Lakers
4-1
Willis Reed, New York

1971-72
Los Angeles Lakers
New York Knicks
4-1
Wilt Chamberlain, Los Angeles

1970-71
Milwaukee Bucks
Baltimore Bullets
4-0
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Milwaukee

1969-70
New York Knicks
Los Angeles Lakers
4-3
Willis Reed, New York

1968-69
Boston Celtics
Los Angeles Lakers
4-3
Jerry West, Los Angeles

1967-68
Boston Celtics
Los Angeles Lakers
4-2

1966-67
Philadelphia 76ers
San Francisco Warriors
4-2

1965-66
Boston Celtics
Los Angeles Lakers
4-3

1964-65
Boston Celtics
Los Angeles Lakers
4-1

1963-64
Boston Celtics
San Francisco Warriors
4-1

1962-63
Boston Celtics
Los Angeles Lakers
4-2

1961-62
Boston Celtics
Los Angeles Lakers
4-3

1960-61
Boston Celtics
St. Louis Hawks
4-1

1959-60
Boston Celtics
St. Louis Hawks
4-3

1958-59
Boston Celtics
Minneapolis Lakers
4-0

1957-58
St. Louis Hawks
Boston Celtics
4-2

1956-57
Boston Celtics
St. Louis Hawks
4-3

1955-56
Philadelphia Warriors
Fort Wayne Pistons
4-1

1954-55
Syracuse Nationals
Fort Wayne Pistons
4-3

1953-54
Minneapolis Lakers
Syracuse Nationals
4-3

1952-53
Minneapolis Lakers
New York Knicks
4-1

1951-52
Minneapolis Lakers
New York Knicks
4-3

1950-51
Rochester Royals
New York Knicks
4-3

1949-50
Minneapolis Lakers
Syracuse Nationals
4-2

1948-49
Minneapolis Lakers
Washington Capitols
4-2

1947-48
Baltimore Bullets
Philadelphia Warriors
4-2

1946-47
Philadelphia Warriors
Chicago Stags
4-1

but, i suppose the inverse argument you're going to respond with is going to be "because they won rings," right?
also, 
roll.gif
@2003-2004

"they didnt get swept, tho"

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AG 47

Derrick Rose is definitely NOT a MVP candidate though right?
To me, it's Rose's award to win. But I feel like Bron's still gonna get it in the end, and then everyone complaining about Pooh getting snubbed like so many before him

Originally Posted by AG 47

Derrick Rose is definitely NOT a MVP candidate though right?
To me, it's Rose's award to win. But I feel like Bron's still gonna get it in the end, and then everyone complaining about Pooh getting snubbed like so many before him

Back
Top Bottom