Oklahoma City Thunder vs San Antonio Spurs - OKC WINS in 6, Congrats!

sick.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by CP1708

You guys aren't getting it, Perk and Ibaka will NOT need to double ANYBODY on the Spurs down low.  Especially and including Duncan. 

In fact, I bet they WANT Duncan to go hard at them for 40 minutes, cuz he'll die. 

So they stay home on those shooters, every one of them.  Switch on the pick and rolls, don't switch, whatever, but Perk and Ibaka don't have to sweat anybody whatsoever.  And Collison and Nazr will serve just fine as backups as well.  Again, playing against Drew and Pau is perfect for preparing to face whatever bigs come at them next.  Perk is going to beat the tar out of Duncan, and Ibaka can always recover and catch somebody backside. 

That let's Durant, Harde, and Russ to stay outside on the shooters. 

Why the hell I mention big on big matchups and JA responds with Manu and captain Jack, Neal and Greg Popovich, I have no @*$+@%* idea, but whatever. 
laugh.gif

You may think that everything I say revolves around your opinion, but it doesn't. Sorry for stating something about the Spurs not involving what you were mentioning.

laugh.gif
  You quoted me dude......? 
laugh.gif

Personally, I wouldn't assume that just because Ibaka and Perkins were very effective on the Lakers' bigs they can shut down Duncan with no help. Duncan has the whole arsenal working right now. The face up 17 foot bank shot, running hooks, free throw line jumper. Those are tools that neither Bynum or Gasol have. Plus, the Spurs are better at creating space for their guys to work than the Lakers are. And lastly, Duncan is a lot mentally tougher than either Gasol or Bynum. If they play him straight up the whole time, Duncan will get his.

Regardless of winner I want that team to take the championship. Either one more for one of my all time favorites (TD) or changing of the guard with KD (who I like)

That Manu vs James comparison video was great. And OP, I know it's always a race to get the "first" or "official" post for whatever reason, but you should at least add some pertinent information like the schedule and not just "Yes! I got the first post!" and then masturbate to the amount of replies a thread you started gets.

Schedule:

Game 1 Sunday May 27 Spurs vs. Thunder 7:30 p.m. TNT

Game 2 Tuesday May 29 Spurs vs. Thunder 8:00 p.m. TNT

Game 3 Thursday May 31 Spurs @ Thunder 8:00 p.m. TNT

Game 4 Saturday June 2 Spurs @ Thunder 7:30 p.m. TNT

Game 5 Monday June 4 Spurs vs. Thunder* 8:00 p.m. TNT

Game 6 Wednesday June 6 Spurs @ Thunder* 8:00 p.m. TNT

Game 7 Friday June 8 Spurs vs. Thunder* 8:00 p.m. TNT

Regular Season results

1-08-12: San Antonio 96 | Oklahoma City 108

2-04-12: San Antonio 107 | Oklahoma City 96

3-16-12: San Antonio 114 | Oklahoma City 105

There's this too, just for conversation's sake

screenshot69un.jpg

SAS did an excellent job defending Durant during the reg season & took 2 of 3 from OKC all without Ginobili.

I'm leaning towards them. Should be a long, entertaining matchup.

I would like to see kd git a ring, but I got Spurs, they're just playing too nice right now, no idea in how many games, but I feel as if they'll get it done

Thunder will wrap this up in 6. They'll catch em slippin one time in SA then close out @ hm in that rowdy *!! arena for game 6.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

You guys aren't getting it, Perk and Ibaka will NOT need to double ANYBODY on the Spurs down low.  Especially and including Duncan. 

In fact, I bet they WANT Duncan to go hard at them for 40 minutes, cuz he'll die. 

So they stay home on those shooters, every one of them.  Switch on the pick and rolls, don't switch, whatever, but Perk and Ibaka don't have to sweat anybody whatsoever.  And Collison and Nazr will serve just fine as backups as well.  Again, playing against Drew and Pau is perfect for preparing to face whatever bigs come at them next.  Perk is going to beat the tar out of Duncan, and Ibaka can always recover and catch somebody backside. 

That let's Durant, Harde, and Russ to stay outside on the shooters. 

Why the hell I mention big on big matchups and JA responds with Manu and captain Jack, Neal and Greg Popovich, I have no @*$+@%* idea, but whatever. 
laugh.gif
I never understand people that talk about bigs like they're straight up going head to head.

Ibaka and Perk won't have to sweat anybody? Let's pretend Duncan/Diaw can't score in the post. (realistically, they could struggle, although I imagine TD'll still get his off jumpers and cuts)

Who's going to have to rotate when Parker is driving the lane? What's Perk going to do when Parker/TD run their pick and roll? When Manu slashes? When Bonner/Diaw are spotted up for three and Ibaka has to decide between helping on a drive or leaving a shooter open?

The Spurs are primarily a pick and roll team. They throw it into Duncan sometimes but besides that, it's Parker creating on the pick and roll or Manu attacking. Ibaka/Perkins are absolutely going to have their hands full this series. Facing the Lakers bigs (bad long range shooters, post players, not mobile) and Sessions barely running pick and rolls did NOT prepare them for the Spurs offense at all.

What OKC does have going for them is Westbrook never gets tired and could bother Parker, who is really important for the Spur offense.

Looks like the NBA Finals will probably start around the time when I start my Finals.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Oh well, at least I'll be all done by the time the real huge games come up.

Spurs will frustrate Westbrook, I like OKC but not quite "there" yet, especially with this Spurs team on a mission.

Nobody moves the ball better than the Spurs and they will just pick apart OKC, and they will shut down either Westbrook OR Durant.

If Westbrook is frustrated this series then they have zero chance. Harden will have to play his !+% off.

Still say Spurs in 6, they have been my pick to win it all.

Back
Top Bottom