Oklahoma City Thunder vs San Antonio Spurs - OKC WINS in 6, Congrats!

roll.gif
roll.gif
 @ that cake. Wow 
laugh.gif

Spurs are too fundamentally sound and well coached for OKC IMO.. + They are gonna annoy the hell out of Westbrook

Spurs will win, IDK how many games.. Will def. be impressed with OKC if they pull this off

Now is when Durant and Westbrook need to come together and play the most intense defense they ever have. If Russy loses his man on box outs or back cuts like he did a lot against LA it'll be a long series.

CP said it, Ibaka and Perk really couldn't be better prepared to play against SA big men after facing Pau and Bynum.

Thunder in 7

Thunder in 6. Everyone talked about perkins with the illegal screens TD is just as bad plus throwing the knee out. Tony's go to move is a carry. I respect ginobili but the flop must stop.

SAN ANTONIO (AP) Tony Parker says Russell Westbrook hasn't faced another point guard in these playoffs quite like him.

The marquee matchup of the Western Conference finals will be the dueling All-Stars. Parker said Wednesday that his Oklahoma City counterpart is in for something different than what the Thunder saw the first two rounds.

Parker said ''it's not going to be like Dallas or the Lakers'' for Westbrook, adding that their point guards are ''not as aggressive'' as the Spurs' leading scorer. Parker is averaging 19.1 points and a career-best 7.1 assists through eight consecutive playoff wins.

Westbrook is 23, an age when Parker had already won two NBA titles. The 30-year-old Parker is in position to make the up-and-coming Thunder go through him to get a shot at a championship.

lol i know vets like to say stuff to show dominance...but t.p. doesnt stand a chance against russy lmao. youngin is incredibly strong and fast. and is learning to be pretty solid at drawing fouls. not saying he'll be able to stop t.p. either, but i think the odds are in russ' favor.

it's pretty well known durant CANNOT be locked down, not anymore. the spurs would literally have to play complete team defense (which they do) which in turn would leave a scoring westbrook open and a harden when they run the 3rd lineup.

cant wait to see harden/manu battle.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

What'd TP say?
SAN ANTONIO (AP) Tony Parker says Russell Westbrook hasn't faced another point guard in these playoffs quite like him.

The marquee matchup of the Western Conference finals will be the dueling All-Stars. Parker said Wednesday that his Oklahoma City counterpart is in for something different than what the Thunder saw the first two rounds.

Parker said ''it's not going to be like Dallas or the Lakers'' for Westbrook, adding that their point guards are ''not as aggressive'' as the Spurs' leading scorer. Parker is averaging 19.1 points and a career-best 7.1 assists through eight consecutive playoff wins.

Westbrook is 23, an age when Parker had already won two NBA titles. The 30-year-old Parker is in position to make the up-and-coming Thunder go through him to get a shot at a championship.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

I hope Russ averages 40 after Tony Parker's comment.

He can avg 40 and still lose the series like amare did against us. Pop will have to pick his poison and I think he will focus a lot of on harden

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

If the shots ain't fallin', then OKC is in trouble
As is the case with any team, in any basketball game ever played, ever.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

If the shots ain't fallin', then OKC is in trouble
As is the case with any team, in any basketball game ever played, ever.
laugh.gif
I get what that kind of statement intends to say.. for a team like OKC who doesn't have a reliable go-to post scorer, if their jump shots aren't falling, they could be in trouble. But even if Duncan drops 50 a game, if no one else for SA is hitting their jumpers, they might lose. If OKC's shots aren't hitting then they have Russ and Harden who drive and get to the hoop.. and along with KD, all three of them are in the top 8 in FTs made for the season.

Originally Posted by Freeze

What'd TP say?

Seems that TP's playin' mind games with Westbrook. I'm assuming he's trying to make Russ more aggressive to the point that he puts on the horse blinders and look off KD.

Originally Posted by Freeze

What'd TP say?

He didn't say anything that's not true. The PGs on the Mavs and Lakers are just role players, but Parker is the guy that makes the Spurs go. He's always looking to push the ball and attack the basket when he can. Westbrook hasn't faced a player like that yet in the playoffs. At this point in his career, J Kidd is pretty much just a spot up shooter on offense and Sessions, while agressive at times, is no Tony Parker. Seem to me that all Parker is saying is that Westbrook is going to have to work harder on defense this series. Nothing wrong with that, IMO. Its not like he said, "Westbrook can't guard me." 

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Personally, I wouldn't assume that just because Ibaka and Perkins were very effective on the Lakers' bigs they can shut down Duncan with no help. Duncan has the whole arsenal working right now. The face up 17 foot bank shot, running hooks, free throw line jumper. Those are tools that neither Bynum or Gasol have. Plus, the Spurs are better at creating space for their guys to work than the Lakers are. And lastly, Duncan is a lot mentally tougher than either Gasol or Bynum. If they play him straight up the whole time, Duncan will get his.

they didnt double dirk and they didnt double the laker bigs why would they double duncan. put perkins on TD and call it a day. fine let TD get his, TD at this stage of his career is not going to beat OKC.

the spurs didnt have the season they had because of TD and running the offense through TD and pop wont start now.

OKC in 6

Back
Top Bottom