Oklahoma City Thunder vs San Antonio Spurs - OKC WINS in 6, Congrats!

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

If you think that was the deciding factor on the team, Then that's on you for being misinformed

Riiiight, that was the last straw...attendance.
It's not the deciding factor but it was one of the main reason why they end up selling the team. PROFIT wasn't there.  It wasn't profitable enough to stay in Seattle.  If the fans really care about the team . They would have sold out every single games.
If the team got a new arena deal...our attendance could have been still been #++* and everything would have been gravy.

You know how many teams have %@%+** attendance...how often does #++* like this happen?
What ? If they sold out every game and if fan continue to support (by paying $ to go to watch the game)  then they wouldnt be in a financial deficit.  Cheap fans=empty seats. Owner see no financial benefit. Force to sell.  Pretty self explanatory

Absolutely wrong.

Seattle's city government backed down in a game of chicken they were going to win.
The Sonics contract clearly stated they couldn't leave until the lease was up, which wasn't for another year. The US economy collapsed a few months after the move was official. Had Seattle's government stood firm Clay Bennett and Aubrey McClendon would've had to stay that extra year. Except McClendon is the big money guy between the two and he lost most of his money in the collapse. The writing would've been on the wall: Bennett would've had to sell, and the Supersonics would be playing in the NBA Finals not the Thunder.

Fan Attendance doesn't bring nearly as much dollars as TV Contracts. I'll give you this much, though...Fan attendance is due to bad product, but that's not the fault of Clay Bennett. He inherited a mediocre team whose previous owner made the fans sour against him by running out the most popular Supersonic of all time.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Chris316

I wish Fisher could get his 6th ring before he retire.

Hall of Fame?

jk
Could be. But for now,i think he prefers at least one more ring. While others still looking for his first one.

Don't get why people keep saying dynasty...what if they lose in the Finals?

They have to win more than one to be considered a dynasty, let them handle their business first before labels are being thrown around.

I wish Fisher could get his 6th ring before he retire.

Hall of Fame?

jk
Could be. But for now,i think he prefers at least one more ring. While others still looking for his first one.

Bro, I was kidding. 

Only way Derek Fisher belongs at the HOF, is if he's visiting. 

Hall of Fame?

jk

Bro, I was kidding. 

laugh.gif

Hall of Fame?

jk

Bro, I was kidding. 

or if he gets a ticket right?
laugh.gif

I guess the guy deserves even a little credit with his contribution during the lockout and after getting traded by the Lakers.Now he's laughing.
pimp.gif

Grats refs ..great fix..we getting whacked in our heads and no fouls being called, ruined what was a great game

laugh.gif
at the salty spurs fans saying its the refs fault, when TP and Ginobili flop their *@@*! off.

Every1 thought it was going to game 7 after one half of basketball, spurs went 9-14 from three in that half.......
there was no *#@@%*$ way they would keep that up.

KD deserves this more than anyone, pretty cool to see a new superstar bloom right before your eyes
pimp.gif

After SA blew out OKC in game two and went up 2-0, and everyone thought Spurs were gonna sweep their way into the finals:
Originally Posted by Janitor

OKC is far from done, they showed something, making things interesting in the 2nd half.

We'll see how they respond at home
Keep in mind I was on the Spurs side, didn't think they'd lose four straight 

This is outragous that The thunder have won the WCF, and the only thing you guys can talk about is Seattle...WOW

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

The Spurs played an 8th seed Jazz team that was happy to just make the playoffs and a banged up crippled Clippers team.  Their playoff run has been rather easy when compared to the Thunder's route.  OKC has knocked off the last two NBA champs and I don't see Parker or anyone slowing down Westbrook and they don't have someone that matches up well with KD.

You can toss out any regular season games these teams played as their rosters have changed slightly.  If OKC can contain the Spurs 3 pt shooters and keep their turnovers down then they have a pretty good shot.  People are understimating OKC's interior defense and their shot blocking will play a role in this one.

I'll take OKC in 6. 

I'll stick with the original statement....OKC's length and speed have given San Antonio problems. 

People need perspective and ESPN tries to get people to live in the moment too much.  Claiming the Spurs are the greatest team ever and now they are washed up.....all in the span of one week, my gosh.  

OKC will be a crazed environment on Wednesday and the Spurs won't be able to match the intensity.   That would be a fun gym to be in to watch Game 6.  NBA Finals for OKC. 

Very few people picked the Thunder before the series began and almost no one stuck with thtem after they fell down 0-2.  Shouts to the other fellows that did.

OKC overcame the flopping from teh Spurs and the "superior coaching" of Pop and all the other cliche things people classified the Spurs as having.  

Don't even mention the referees....Spurs were in the bonus with 10 minutes to play in the 4th quarter in Game 5 in their gym....and still lost.  You lose 4 straight to any team, sorry my friend....you are not the better team. 

Anybody remember when last year when they lost to the Mavs, and they were talking about Trading Westbrook for Chris Paul?

Gotta love ESPN.

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

Derek Fisher been callin Kobe and just breathin on the phone...
This had me dying just thinking about it!

I'm not gonna front, I am not an OKC fan but those young bulls did work against some real good competition. I will say this too, KD is the best player in the league and no one is seeing him the game is coming soo easy to him right now!

Originally Posted by Dcypoe

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by Dcypoe

okc in the finals baby!!! its been a helluva western conference finals fellas....agreements, arguments, my westbrook hate turned upside down...so happy right now
no updated chart? I mean, they shot equal number of field goals after all.

no man, no chart...after reading numerous articles & posts, i've come to realize that westbrook deserves a lot of credit for this teams success. "let the man cook"...
pimp.gif
good to hear

People were talking about the refs throughout the entire thread. So I have no idea what lebron supporters are claiming about a double standard. We were talking about Joey Crawford early in the game. The only reason there are less comment is less people watched and yuku was terrible

Back
Top Bottom