Oklahoma City Thunder vs San Antonio Spurs - OKC WINS in 6, Congrats!

I hope at all costs the Thumder win, because I cannot see Miami beating the Spurs. They play too well as a team. So damn efficient.

I'll still say Spurs in 5 though

-The coaching matchup is not even fair. Scott Brooks has never had to face the Spurs when it matters most, in the PLAYOFFS.
-Westbrook's shot selection vs. Parker's is extremely laughable.
-Y'all forgot that the original James Harden will be playing this time right?
-How are the Thunder bigs gonna score more than 15 a game this series? Duncan patrols the paint even better with his slimmed down body.
-Do not even compare the depths of both teams.
-Im a real believer in ball movement is faster than the individual speed the Thunder have.
-All the Spurs gotta do is let Durant go OFF and just stick Leonard and Danny Green on Westbrook.

-Spurs in 5, it's gonna be a clinic.

Originally Posted by Goldmember

35KD wrote:
I would want the Spurs to win as i hate the Thunder but I got money on this series soooooo GO OKC!!

C'mon man 
laugh.gif

Judging by the Washington Huskies sig. I'm going to assume that he created that S/N when the sonics were in Seattle

Cannot wait for this series. Great basketball coming. I would like to see the Spurs win, as I'm a big fan of Coach Pop and Timmy.

Spurs are actually pretty entertaining now. They play fast-paced and can score on anyone compared to the old, defensive-minded teams of the past. They've got plenty of speed to match OKC

Same with CP. But to me if OKC screws up SA will take advantage unlike Lakers/Mavs

Im interested in who Pop takes out of this series or take away from OKC. My guess Westbrook.

I'm going Spurs in 6 or 7. I think the teams are pretty evenly matched in terms of players, but SA has home court and the coaching advantage and that will be enough for them to take the series.

This series is to close to call....Im going with home court on this one.

Spurs in 7 and go on to win the Championship and make the Heat and their fans hate the state of Texas!

I'm gonna say SA in 6, but I'll be rooting for OKC. Whoever wins this series, wins the title.

Should be an interesting series.

Okc is much more battle tested IMO. Havin beat the defending champs and a solid Laker team as opposed to the 2 cream puff teams the spurs washed up

Okc in 6

OKC's pretty good, but I'd go with the Spurs on this one. Spurs in 6. I'm looking at 1 blowout win for each team, the rest would be pretty down the wire victories.
Factors for the series IMO would be the ff:

• Stopping KD/Duncan. This would be the deciding factor here for both teams. SA has a bunch of defenders they can throw at KD, and OKC has a bunch of warm bodies to put on Timmy as well. And as I see it, Parker and Westbrook might cancel each other out. Same goes for Harden and Manu. 
  • Bench play. That Thunder bench must get some production from anybody besides Harden or the SA bench would eat 'em up alive.
  • Coaching. This is where SA has another big advantage. 
  • Experience/Intangibles. Say what you want about it, but it definitely would serve the Spurs big in this series. Capitalizing on the younger Thunder's mistakes would be key.
Again, this is just my take on the things. One things for sure though, this is gon' be one heck of series.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Originally Posted by Goldmember

35KD wrote:
I would want the Spurs to win as i hate the Thunder but I got money on this series soooooo GO OKC!!

C'mon man 
laugh.gif

Judging by the Washington Huskies sig. I'm going to assume that he created that S/N when the sonics were in Seattle

Excellent deduction.

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

The Spurs played an 8th seed Jazz team that was happy to just make the playoffs and a banged up crippled Clippers team.  Their playoff run has been rather easy when compared to the Thunder's route.  OKC has knocked off the last two NBA champs and I don't see Parker or anyone slowing down Westbrook and they don't have someone that matches up well with KD.
The Lakers got swept just last year, so I wouldn't use the fact they've beaten the last two champs as a crux for your argument. And Dallas this year was a shell of its former self. Also, the same problem could arise in this WCF if OKC isn't careful. Last year they got worked by a savvy squad of veterans with a great coach. This year, it's another savvy squad of vets, with an even greater coach, and they have the home court this time.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

The Spurs played an 8th seed Jazz team that was happy to just make the playoffs and a banged up crippled Clippers team.  Their playoff run has been rather easy when compared to the Thunder's route.  OKC has knocked off the last two NBA champs and I don't see Parker or anyone slowing down Westbrook and they don't have someone that matches up well with KD.
The Lakers got swept just last year, so I wouldn't use the fact they've beaten the last two champs as a crux for your argument. And Dallas this year was a shell of its former self. Also, the same problem could arise in this WCF if OKC isn't careful. Last year they got worked by a savvy squad of veterans with a great coach. This year, it's another savvy squad of vets, with an even greater coach, and they have the home court this time.
#truth
I don't think Parker would guard Westbrook that much in this series. I would assume Green would have the assignment most of the time. Again, OKC is a pretty good/legit team but I just can't see the logic of still not giving SA the respect they deserve. Granted they faced the Jazz and a banged up Clips team (which of course ain't they're choice), it doesn't change the fact that they came in and did what they're supposed to. Manhandle the inferior team. 

And I ain't a Spurs fan either.

OKC is more battle tested? 2 series is more experience than what the Spurs players have gone through?

I'm interested to see if Thabo can slow down Parker if and when Westbrook gets into foul trouble.

If Westbrook starts gambling on defense, the San Antonio forwards have the ability to make him pay up big time with drives to the basket or hitting clutch 3's.

Thabo can cut off some of those passing lanes with his length.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

The Lakers were still the #3 seed with two 7 footers and Kobe Bryant.  Despite all of the flack Laker fans have been giving Bynum and Gasol, they are still capable of getting 25 and 15 any night and are not easy covers.   That OKC vs Dallas series was a lot closer than the outcome.  OKC simply couldn't close out games last year and it is aurgueable that they outplayed Dallas for the majority of that series, just not when it mattered most in the 4th.  San Antonio got pounded by Memphis last year after the Spurs played amazing in April.  I am a huge supporter of Tim Duncan and it is good to see him healthy and playing great, but the speed and youth of the Thunders Bigs will make him work.  Ibaka's length will present problems.  If OKC contains the Spurs 3 point shooters and forces some turnovers that will be key.  The Spurs shot over 50% from 3 against OKC in the regular season.  

Back
Top Bottom